Footwork Upgrade Broken?

+
Footwork Upgrade Broken?

I tested footwork/rolling distance with no upgrade and 1 upgrade and I can tell no difference in the distance whatsoever. Is this broken? Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks

VFNNJ said:
I tested footwork/rolling distance with no upgrade and 1 upgrade and I can tell no difference in the distance whatsoever. Is this broken? Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks

Works perfectly fine for me. Try establishing a distance using objects, and compare how far you roll.

Maybe upgrading to level 1 you won't see much different but I tell you: From no upgrade to Level 2 there is a LOT of difference XD

I did measure out of combat and there was no real difference. You're saying that with your footwork at level 1 you roll two times farther, or at least that it's a big difference? Maybe my game is corrupted.

If upgrading to 2 is a big difference does that cause any problems in getting behind an enemy, like you get too far behind or it becomes awkward to do?

Thanks.

I am at the last "level" and just picked up the upgrade. After playing so long without it I do in fact feel a difference. The distance may no feel that improved because the camera is still pretty close to Geralt's ass, but, maybe its just my imagination, Geralt does seem to roll faster. On the second upgrade, he defiantly leaps across the screen.

Is there a reason I'm not seeing the distance increase? I measured with and w/o using the forward stick and maybe using the forward stick increased the distance of several rolls slightly.

VFNNJ said:
Is there a reason I'm not seeing the distance increase? I measured with and w/o using the forward stick and maybe using the forward stick increased the distance of several rolls slightly.

Maybe a bug then, because it should be very easy to notice. You dodge roll farther and much faster.

I upgraded it twice and it seems it only takes effect during combat which it says in the description. While the distance is greater (hard to tell how much) it's also much faster. Not sure if it's necessary though.

BlavikensButcher said:
Just curious, but what's your build in Arena?

This is one of them. Haven't had the best success in Arena though.

https://www.box.com/s/7rb7q3kzg28qnnbnhz47

BlavikensButcher said:
That one is empty.

Sorry, I botched it and the forum is broken. Anyway, that's a good tool to experiment with. I basically major in swordsman tree and minor in magic with a couple of alchemy upgrades. I upgrade footwork at least once.

You should really consult someone with a higher score than me though. There might be a thread where people have posted their builds.

Top Bottom