The General Videogame Thread

+
Gilrond-i-Virdan;n8137700 said:
This thread came to a standstill.

not surprising considering how the forums (or at least the community section) has been slowly dying for a while. At some point we became unpaid beta testers of crappy forum software.

I just recently found out other official gaming forums have "political" threads where people are allowed to express informed opinions on current events. We can't possibly have a community of adults when even subtle comments get "moderated" and only games and the weather are allowed.

Now in order not to derail this thread too much I'll just say The Dwarves has a nice discount on GOG.com and the current Humble Mobile Bundle includes the newest entries of both Anomaly and Kingdom Rush, some of my favorite mobile games.

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n8175330 said:
Did you play it?

Nah not yet, too busy with T:ToN and life. I'd like to play it soon but from what I hear it's kind of short, so I think I'll just wait until it drops to around $20.

volsung;n8179650 said:
Nah not yet, too busy with T:ToN and life. I'd like to play it soon but from what I hear it's kind of short, so I think I'll just wait until it drops to around $20.

The Dwarves - Kind of short

Bwaaahahaha :D

Guest 3847602

schinderhannes.999;n8314810 said:
Tyranny - Portrait Pack

And you thought that the utter ridiculousness of Bethesda's 'Horse Armor Pack' couldn't be topped...
Way to go Paradox.

That's exactly what 80% of DLCs for CK2 and EU4 looks like. I love Paradox and their games but as far as releasing and charging for portraits/units packs goes, they've topped Beth half a decade ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I read up on things a bit in the meantime, and this actually seems to be considered 'normal' and common practice by Paradox.
Which is still mind-boggling to me though.

druidstone-game.com

Debut title by Ctrl Alt Ninja, a sort of offshoot studio of Almost Human (Legend of Grimrock I & II).

So apparently Doom is currently on sale (Steam though) for less than $20. I also heard they removed Denuvo, is that so? Is it really clean now? People have even tried it on Linux with Wine and it seems to run quite well!

Anyway, is Doom 2016 in a decent, purchasable state now? (i.e. no filth other than Steam itself, good stable gameplay, etc.)

volsung;n8514090 said:
So apparently Doom is currently on sale (Steam though) for less than $20. I also heard they removed Denuvo, is that so? Is it really clean now? People have even tried it on Linux with Wine and it seems to run quite well!

As far as I know, it really has been removed, according to comments at WineHQ, and the game is not listed here either. That is why it can now be run with Wine, previously (with Denuvo) it had "garbage" rating in the AppDB.

Been playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Nintendo Switch:

Screenshots:

A fantastic and extremely polished game. It has an interesting world filled with puzzles and goofy characters mixed with satisfying combat and survival mechanics. Definitely starting to understand why people praise Nintendo games as truly unique and in a class of their own. :)

Last edited:
eskiMoe;n8523460 said:
Been playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild...

...A fantastic and extremely polished game. It has an interesting world filled with puzzles and goofy characters mixed with satisfying combat and survival mechanics. Definitely starting to understand why people praise Nintendo games as truly unique and in a class of their own. :)

I haven't gotten far from the beginning yet (playing with Wii-U), but I have been enjoying that game a lot. I think that the last time I played, I was lighting up those blue lights along the path in the village. Next weekend I should have more time to play, and I'm going to spend that with this game :)

Also spent several hours with just catching horses. Or wandering around the world and practically doing nothing but just exploring, picking up mushrooms and apples. Very entertaining game all in all. Only thing bothering me a bit (but only a bit) is that slightly "pale" atmosphere around the game world. A bit deeper colors would have been nice I guess. But like I said, that's hardly an issue in this game. There are so much more interesting things around.

Sunsibar;n8524630 said:
I haven't gotten far from the beginning yet (playing with Wii-U), but I have been enjoying that game a lot. I think that the last time I played, I was lighting up those blue lights along the path in the village. Next weekend I should have more time to play, and I'm going to spend that with this game :)

Also spent several hours with just catching horses. Or wandering around the world and practically doing nothing but just exploring, picking up mushrooms and apples. Very entertaining game all in all. Only thing bothering me a bit (but only a bit) is that slightly "pale" atmosphere around the game world. A bit deeper colors would have been nice I guess. But like I said, that's hardly an issue in this game. There are so much more interesting things around.
What I like most about the game is probably its ridiculous attention to detail. Especially when it comes to the survival mechanics and the overall world interaction. Hear a thunder roaring? Better unequip that steel spear lest you become a walking lighting conductor, or just throw it at the enemy just before the lighting is about to strike and fry that bitch! Need white Chuchu jelly to get that armor upgrade? Better climb that mountain and find some snow Ice Chuchus.. or just drop some regular Chuchu gel on the ground and fire ice arrow into the pile. Need to get on top of that hill? Well better start climbing.. or just set the grass on fire and use the upward draft to glide on top of the hill with your glider. Need to roast that meat but haven't got a clue where to find a cooking pot? Just swing it with your flaming sword and enjoy some roast beef!

I love this game.

Last edited:
eskiMoe;n8525600 said:
What I like most about the game is probably its ridiculous attention to detail. Especially when it comes to the survival mechanics and the overall world interaction. Hear a thunder roaring? Better unequip that steel spear lest you become a walking lighting conductor. Need white Chuchu jelly to get that armor upgrade? Better climb that mountain and find some snow Ice Chuchus.. or just drop some regular Chuchu gel on the ground and fire ice arrow into the pile. Need to get on top of that hill? Well better start climbing.. or just set the grass on fire and use the upward draft to glide on top of the hill with your glider. Need to roast that meat but haven't got a clue where to find a cooking pot? Just swing it with your flaming sword and enjoy some roast beef!

I love this game.

Whaaa? I haven't tried any of these yet :D I definitely need to get back to that game as soon as possible.

Top Bottom