x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im very hyped for this game i love this series, and to be honest we don't have enough info to analize the main plot/story, i'm optimistic,
    if this game is no Dragon Age Inquisition in space, with boring maps, repetitive and boring fetch quests, then it could be very good game, at least it's interesting, new galaxy, unknown planets and new species,

anyone willing to share Origin ID to play MP? yes?
    Last edited by cyberpunkforever; 05-02-17, 01:38.

Comment

• 3 secs of MEA MP, first glimpse (((I don't like how links are now, in the forum)))

cyberpunkforever With pleasure; my origin ID is Cheylus (France, GMT+1),

I learned FOV can be customized on PC. That was very much needed in ME3.
      I'll focus on MP, I've no interest in SP yet.

Last edited by Cheylus; 05-02-17, 15:34.

Comment

• yes, the MP looks very good!

what about the system requirements, no info yet? i'm worried about it :s

Comment

• Cheylus sent you friend request on origin

Comment

• Getting Worried now.............................
            These were posted by Bioware themselves, do they think this looks good?
            http://blog.bioware.com/2017/01/31/m...haracter-kits/

Last edited by Engagerade; 09-02-17, 13:26.

Comment

• The right face has more detailed eyes but that's it. Shep looks way better.
              And oh hey, it seems the intern that did the shitty hair ind Inquisition got a job there and has now a little bit more experience. But the hair looks still like shitty Lego hair.
              http://devblog.viking-studios.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Engagerade View Post
                Getting Worried now.............................
                I would say that a step down in term of Shepard's armor not as sleek, simple or a total bad ass. From my view, if they were going with that white blue design of a pre-cursor to the Mass Effect's time. Bioware might as well have customization for Shepard and the crew a handful of skin.

Good Luck to Bioware/EA with that, Space resource gathering, Open-World Adventures is hell of a project, even with missions oriented Quest lines, it will be tough place for non Sci-fiction Gamers. Do I doubt the game will live up to the Mass Effect's name? I can't be sure right now, since the vision for the game is seem really generic, like Andromeda will be the first Space Exploration game, not easy.

TL;DR: It look 75% complete, premature, and I can't say this game would be as good as other Space Exploration game that has greater potential, minus the bias. And complete dedication of Devs+Community to game. It WAY too EARLY.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWgLMH8yRU

At least something that makes me think the game is released in one month. Most issues I had with ME3 MP gameplay might be gone in this one. The game definitely has strong ME1/ME3/Warframe vibes from various angles. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• I was weak ... pre-ordered the deluxe edition for PS4 last night after seeing the newest gameplay trailer. First time I've pre-ordered a game since TW3. The gameplay looked really good and Bioware normally does story and characters well. I feel pretty confident it will be very good at this point ... not TW3 confident ... but confident enough to purchase. I mean who am I kidding, "blow stuff up in space with your team of space explorers" is right up my alley. The biggest question was gameplay for me ... and it looks really solid.
                    Please review and abide by the Forum Rules & Regulations. If you see this color, I am posting in my capacity as a moderator. Otherwise, feel free to ignore my random musings.

"Many of our most serious conflicts are conflicts within ourselves. Those who suppose their judgments are always consistent are unreflective or dogmatic. - John Rawls

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison72 View Post
                      I want to have a glimmer of hope but then I remind myself they probably still have the same writers on staff. Mass Effect was my re-entry into gaming and the way it ended hit me especially hard.
                      It ended with Sovereign destroyed and Shepard heroically emerging from the destroyed citadel...

Whoops, sorry for unearthing that old post. The forum software fooled me there...

Comment

• Originally posted by Engagerade View Post
                        Getting Worried now.............................
                        http://blog.bioware.com/2017/01/31/m...haracter-kits/

Talk about souless eyes, geez. I'm glad they 'fixed' it, eyes are a mirror of the soul as they say. Convincing eye movement can make all the difference in the world, so here's hoping for that.

EDIT: Talk about being hoodwinked. So they didn't fix it and that 'edit' on the right is a fan thing. Woops. Still... doesn't look that bad in proper lighting.

Disney eyes and all.
                        Last edited by Luxorek; 23-02-17, 14:44.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_Nd5arZM
                          The gameplay I hoped for. "Profiles", class bonuses and character progression in general are better than what they did previously. Seems to me there are a lot of options and meaningful tweaking here and there, and multiple interesting setup to choose. I'm glad they aren't focusing on having mostly "% bonuses / more damage" while upgrading a character, that's what I need in a long game.
                          Bad AI might be an issue though, from what I've seen.

ps: a lot of previews (there was a press showcase some days ago) mentionned performance issues and very bad animations.
                          Last edited by Cheylus; 23-02-17, 18:23.

Comment

• Meh, combat looks a little too fast-paced for my taste. Still don't like the removal of class system one bit and probably never will.
                            On the plus side, I really love the return of overheat system from ME1. And my precious M-96 Mattock rifle.

Comment

• Classes are called Profiles instead, it's hardly a removal. It's pretty much like the weapon changes from ME1/2 to ME3, with the removal of restrictions, not weapons. You can still build an adept, a sentinel, etc. and there are bonuses and gameplay changes by doing so (Sentinel gets a power armor, Engineer a drone, etc.). There is even a seventh class on top of that.
                              This is the first Mass Effect with proper character building to me. Before it was only a matter of checking boxes, and you finished ME1/2/3 with 9/10th of the boxes checked. Every players ended up playing every classes the same way.
                              Last edited by Cheylus; 24-02-17, 20:56.

Comment

• I get that, I just feel that giving players the opportunity to switch profiles in the middle of combat kinda defeats the purpose of having versatile squad.
                                Look at the fight with the fiend when he explains switching between favorites:

https://youtu.be/d3q_Nd5arZM?t=96

That's precisely what our teammates were for in the previous games - to cover Shepard's deficiencies, Shepard was covering theirs. They were a team. Now they just look like Ryder's backup.

Anyway, that's just what it looks like to me after watching these few minutes of gameplay. I might feel differently after watching someone's letsplay once the game is out.

BTW, system requirements has been revealed:

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-a...ents-revealed/

Comment

Working...
                                X