Mass Effect: Andromeda

+
Cheylus;n7587720 said:
They revealed only 2 new species so far (Angarans, Ketts (and Remnants)), and I remember how I liked the first hours of ME1, when you're overwhelmed with ten new species (with pretty good introductions too); that's not "exotic" enough.

What bothers me more is that in one trailer you see a city with humans. So all this Andromeda stuff is about mankind exploring a new Galaxy to start settling there. So why are there already humans. I want at least an explanation.

Cheylus;n7587720 said:
I don't need another "Archon" villain with a Wild Hunt/Sovereign/Corypheus voice.

Yest this sounds pretty predictable. It seems that the story leaves this "we need to find a new home" arc to something like "oh we found something but there is the bad guy that wants to kill us, kill him and save the new galaxy... and get a new home as a gift".

I am excited for ME:A, but the new trailer really didn't do it for me. Felt more like a trailer for another J.J Abrams Star Trek summer blockbuster rather than Mass Effect. In general I feel the marketing for this has been quite a miss so far.

Also does Bioware have a rule in their studios where the characters skin shader has to have glossines turned all the way up, first butter face Sera in Dragon Age Inquisition and now Cora Harper in ME:Andromeda. I would think it was some technical artist being lousy at his job, but these 2 games were developed in seperate studios....Christ I am ranting about how shiny character faces look like, that seems really petty.

ehh, I absolutely loved first ME, I really enjoyed 2nd and 3rd despite the ending, probably because I became somehow emotionally attached to this franchise. Really bad thing is that i watch this trailer and I'm totally indifferent. Not bad, but nothing special, and our villain seems to be so cliche and boring...ehh I'll play this game sooner or later anyway, but right now I think I'll wait for some review and feedback from fans before purchasing

VikingStudios;n7591200 said:
What bothers me more is that in one trailer you see a city with humans. So all this Andromeda stuff is about mankind exploring a new Galaxy to start settling there. So why are there already humans. I want at least an explanation.
I'm fairly confident this will be explained.
There have been hints that the human Ark goes off track and arrives late or something like that. I personally believe this means the Nexus and other Arks have been there for a while already ... thus some already existing settlements.

So they choose to undermine the game's premise of 'you're alone in a foreign galaxy, exploring worlds and strange aliens' from the start, yes? Neat.

M4xw0lf;n7600020 said:
So they choose to undermine the game's premise of 'you're alone in a foreign galaxy, exploring worlds and strange aliens' from the start, yes? Neat.

Exactly my thoughts. The whole marketing focuses on this "you go where no one form milky way ever was, explore, find a new home etc.".
But with this I'm late (even if it is a good explanation) you end up in "You'll the great explorer - Yaay - going where no human ever was - Yaaaaaay - but actually you are late and the others already started exploring - Yaaa.. what? noooooo - they were first, they made the first contact - oh come on - but hey we have a new big bad guy for you so you can save the new galaxy instead - yeah whatever"

Do they fear people won't like the game if (almost) all the NPCs are aliens? I mean it is ok to have some humans in settlements on the planets but only if you already explored the planet and started settlement. Actually this would be great, to see the human settlements expanding during the game.
First you visit a settlement only with aliens and get quests from them. After a while there are also humans involved in quests. Or a human settlement pops up on a planet you already visited.

Also helping building the settlement would be nice, see how they grow when you complete quests for them.

I wish I could get hyped for this game. I watched the trailers and Andromeda Initiative videos, but they left me cold and uninterested. The villain with his lame design and corny 'surrender or burn' just screams Corypheus 2.0 to me. And that's my greatest fear...

Just... don't be Inquisition set in space. Please.

im very hyped for this game i love this series, and to be honest we don't have enough info to analize the main plot/story, i'm optimistic,
if this game is no Dragon Age Inquisition in space, with boring maps, repetitive and boring fetch quests, then it could be very good game, at least it's interesting, new galaxy, unknown planets and new species,

anyone willing to share Origin ID to play MP? yes?

Last edited:
3 secs of MEA MP, first glimpse (((I don't like how links are now, in the forum)))

cyberpunkforever With pleasure; my origin ID is Cheylus (France, GMT+1),

I learned FOV can be customized on PC. That was very much needed in ME3.
I'll focus on MP, I've no interest in SP yet.

Last edited:
The right face has more detailed eyes but that's it. Shep looks way better.
And oh hey, it seems the intern that did the shitty hair ind Inquisition got a job there and has now a little bit more experience. But the hair looks still like shitty Lego hair.

Engagerade;n7727860 said:
Getting Worried now.............................
These were posted by Bioware themselves, do they think this looks good?

I would say that a step down in term of Shepard's armor not as sleek, simple or a total bad ass. From my view, if they were going with that white blue design of a pre-cursor to the Mass Effect's time. Bioware might as well have customization for Shepard and the crew a handful of skin.

Good Luck to Bioware/EA with that, Space resource gathering, Open-World Adventures is hell of a project, even with missions oriented Quest lines, it will be tough place for non Sci-fiction Gamers. Do I doubt the game will live up to the Mass Effect's name? I can't be sure right now, since the vision for the game is seem really generic, like Andromeda will be the first Space Exploration game, not easy.

TL;DR: It look 75% complete, premature, and I can't say this game would be as good as other Space Exploration game that has greater potential, minus the bias. And complete dedication of Devs+Community to game. It WAY too EARLY.

I was weak ... pre-ordered the deluxe edition for PS4 last night after seeing the newest gameplay trailer. First time I've pre-ordered a game since TW3. The gameplay looked really good and Bioware normally does story and characters well. I feel pretty confident it will be very good at this point ... not TW3 confident ... but confident enough to purchase. I mean who am I kidding, "blow stuff up in space with your team of space explorers" is right up my alley. The biggest question was gameplay for me ... and it looks really solid.

Garrison72;n1458794 said:
I want to have a glimmer of hope but then I remind myself they probably still have the same writers on staff. Mass Effect was my re-entry into gaming and the way it ended hit me especially hard.
It ended with Sovereign destroyed and Shepard heroically emerging from the destroyed citadel... :troll:

Whoops, sorry for unearthing that old post. The forum software fooled me there...

Top Bottom