Shadow Warrior 2

+
Shadow Warrior 2

Much bigger levels this time and more verticality. It looks awesome. Love that double jump and landing from 40 ft up with the roll.

Hmm, looks pretty good but I think the new Doom will be better.

I am currently playing Shadow Warrior and while fun it gets boring qute fast. I can only play it in short bursts. All weapons except the katana feel quite anemic. This one looks a lot better though.

EDIT: Also, iron sights in MY old school FPS?! BLASPHEMY!

Welp, I guess the mods have spoken. They can move all my bad Wang jokes over here. I was thinking on the banter between Hoji and Wang, and I wouldn't mind if Wang had another demon inside his head, maybe a female one this time, another sister of Hoji maybe. But the banter really filled in the slow areas brilliantly and I hope they bring it back. Jan Bartkowics has a great sense of humor. FWH was lucky to nab him.

I hope the story and humor won't be any worse than in the first game and it won't become all just about action.

---------- Updated at 10:46 PM ----------

I wouldn't mind if Wang had another demon inside his head, maybe a female one this time, another sister of Hoji maybe. But the banter really filled in the slow areas brilliantly and I hope they bring it back. Jan Bartkowics has a great sense of humor. FWH was lucky to nab him.

May be Wang will be helping Ameonna this time?

Aside from the Katana the guns feel kind of flaccid I must say. They don't compare with the ones from Wolfenstein for example.

Hoji absolutely kills it though.

Guns are secondary in the game. I rarely used them except for fights with ancients where rockets and double PDW (akimbo) work best. They are also useful for blowing things up from the distance (like fuel barrels and so on), since with shurikens you need two often which is slow. In the rest of the game I use katana.

Last edited:
This is more of a first person slasher than shooter.

Also octavian you've been complaining non stop about how the guns "feel" but you've obviously not played SW2. What does that even mean? Flaccid guns? Do you mean to say they don't have a strong recoil? Of they don't obliterate targets in one hit? Or what?

But like others said they're mostly for support. In terms of setting, writing and pure fun this is much more interesting than all that rehashed shit coming out.

I think he means how many shots it takes to kill enemies. The complaint has been brought up before with Hard Reset in reviews. But it's a deliberate design choice and there are ways to multiply damage.

I generally stuck with guns and powers as that offered a more interesting challenge. Sword was supplementary if still necessary in spots. As long as you upgrade smart and use splash damage, it's still a bonafide shooter. They even had head shots and limb damage to reduce the bullet spongey aspect. Some weapons are less powerful on upgrade and mostly for pray and spray, like the flame thrower and uzis. But upgraded pistol and napalm kicked ass.

Last edited:
This is more of a first person slasher than shooter.

Also octavian you've been complaining non stop about how the guns "feel" but you've obviously not played SW2. What does that even mean? Flaccid guns? Do you mean to say they don't have a strong recoil? Of they don't obliterate targets in one hit? Or what?

But like others said they're mostly for support. In terms of setting, writing and pure fun this is much more interesting than all that rehashed shit coming out.

I was referring to the first Shadow Warrior and was talking about the animations and sounds. They feel kind of weak. The guns in the new game are a lot better though. Still not quite there and not as good as RAGE and Wolfenstein but significantly better than the first game The first game had a budget game feel to it but the new one looks really promising.

The story is really good, considering what kind of FPS it is.

Last edited:
Looks like their 'updated' engine for this too has taken a graphics downgrade. Has the same washed out lighting as HR:Redux. Christ. Next gen can take a flying leap...

Last edited:
@Garrison72: Is it because of consoles?

I can't know, but they updated the engine and it looks different. I saw a post by the devs on Steam saying they botched a couple things in Redux and they'd fix it in a patch.

Here's the first SW2 gameplay vid. Might as well have it on here to compare. I hope I'm wrong on all this, but I've seen more and more devs downgrading visuals.

Top Bottom