Assassin's Creed 2 - wall jump - how do I do it?

+
Assassin's Creed 2 - wall jump - how do I do it?

First off: I love this game. It's entertaining, I like Ezio a lot, and it's just fun to play. So far, I've played about half of the game - about 53 per cent, I think. Before I progress with the main story, I want to go after the last two sigils that will unlock Altair's armour and weapons back in the villa. Up to this point, the various Assassin's tombs haven't posed much of a problem. In fact, I enjoyed doing them because, well, they were fun :)

Now I picked the one tomb in Venice that's to the south (not San Marco), the catacombs of Santa Maria something. In the beginning, it seemed to be easy - stealth kill one of the guards, chase the other one and either kill four more guards (if the door is closed and they are alerted) or simply walk past them (if you managed to kill the other guard before he can raise an Alarm) until you reach a quite large room full of water, some rather narrow stone bridges and lots of opportunities to jump and swing.

Near the entrance is a lever; once you pull it, stuff starts moving in that room. If you don't manage to go around in time, that stuff - mostly levers of some sort - will return to its original Position, as does the lever near the entrance. That doesn't look too complicated, right? Just jump up there, swing over, jump a bit more and work your way around the room until all four pieces of that picture or door are locked into place and you can progess further.

I didn't even make it past the first lever that locks one of those four pieces simply because I have absolutely no idea how to perform that advanced wall jump - you know, the one where you run up the wall, then jump. Ezio either stays in place or walks around on the platform. Or, even worse, when I try to make him jump, he dives into the water. The insert provided by the game is not helpful at all: "To perform this jump, hold X, then press L to let the character jump." Except he doesn't. At least not where I want him to jump. It's really annoying.

To cut it short: Has anybody an idea of how I can make Ezio perform this jump? I read somewhere that it's required at least four times in this tomb; also, that it is quite simple once you've figured out how to do it. Plus, lots of people seem to have the same problem but I haven't yet found a description that helps me - simply because I'm playing on PS4 and most descriptions for that jump are for PC.

I already watched YT-Videos (usually very helpful) but all I gathered from those was that Ezio has to run up the wall and jump when he reaches the highest point. What I don't know is when to press which button. Do I press X and L simultaneously or one after the other? Do I need a third button (e.g. R1)? Can I even stop on that first platform to figure out how to do it or will Ezio not have enough drive to run up that wall?

And here's yet another question: If I choose to abort this memory sequence, will it be lost altogether or can I just go back to the main story, finish it and try to do the tomb later?

I know I could finish the game without retrieving Altair's armour but I've come so far and want it really badly. Plus, the game has constantly challenged me with rather annoying stuff (mostly timed sequences). I managed to beat them all. Some took a while - the carnival games in Venice consumed about an hour because I kept failing at the timed games (boxing was easy), but I beat them. So I'm rather determined to beat this tomb as well :)

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Top Bottom