Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
M4xw0lf;n7630190 said:
I guess it's the mainboard that died.
I've had that happen before: frustrating experience, especially since it was for an old board, which would have been more trouble than it was worth to replace. The only good that came out of it was that it gave me an excuse to upgrade to a machine that could run Witcher III.

Riven-Twain;n7630290 said:
I've had that happen before: frustrating experience, especially since it was for an old board, which would have been more trouble than it was worth to replace.
Same here. Probably will wait for Zen then.

One of the few things that stood out in my memory for an earlier version of that story was a rather macabre opening-credits sequence:

Hacks?

Chaob_N7;n7648490 said:
Be sure to take the full personality test rather than just basing off the description there since there are 16 categories and you may be on the border of two (or you could be 100% INTJ like me) but yeah, very cool info if you read up on the test methodology and all.

and nightweaver taking this to the hairy bear because I wanted to join in but this is off topic. Myers-Briggs is such a nifty little assessment if you take the full thing. I've had to take it 3-4 times for various things and I always get ENFP. I'm always borderline extrovert over introvert but in the other categories solidly. When you do the full test - they give you so much info on your profile and I'm always amazed how accurate it read for me. I would recommend taking the full thing and not relying on the summaries.

Rawls No problem. (But we where kinda finished. :p )

For anyone wondering, we where talking about this: https://www.16personalities.com
Aperantly me and Chaob_N7 have a rather rare personality type. ;)

I've done something like this before but it was quite different and the results didn't match to well in the end.
Though I was really surprised at how accurate this one was.

I put the link to my result in my profile bio.

ps. Can I change the theme for this forum section? The White is killing my eye's. (I'm a night owl.)
EDIT: Nevermind, found a way to switch it to the blood and wine theme. This is better.

Last edited:
I also had to take this test. My result was INFJ-T (advocate diplomat) which seems to be very rare, according to this test. 1% of the population.

Highlights: 93% introvert :D Everything else was kinda close to 50-50.

Very, very long text, and seemed to be correct in most parts.

Sagitarii;n7643120 said:
Tbh they should just delete this abomination of a forum.

I certainly never would have imagined this place that I cherished and spent so much time on would change so drastically and become so barren.

Kinley;n7652560 said:
I certainly never would have imagined this place that I cherished and spent so much time on would change so drastically and become so barren.

CDPR contributed to turning it into wasteland by being completely silent.

Sagitarii;n7638370 said:

To clarify, only the old database that wasn't in use was hacked and all the important data like passwords are still encrypted, apparently breaking through this encryption would require quite a lot of money on hacker part.

Shavod;n7654390 said:
To clarify, only the old database that wasn't in use was hacked and all the important data like passwords are still encrypted, apparently breaking through this encryption would require quite a lot of money on hacker part.

Keep in mind that this was further clarified recently because of the email update that came only after people complained (see this thread here) about the vagueness of the original announcement back in December and another pretty vague update only after haveibeenpwned took it to social media earlier this week.

Email pasted below for reference:
Dear Forum Users,

Recently it has come to our attention that an obsolete cdprojektred.com forum database was accessed by an unauthorized party sometime in March 2016.

At the time of the event, the database was not in active use, as almost a year earlier forum members had been asked to create secure GOG.com accounts for login purposes. These accounts are additionally protected by two-step authentication. The forum engine has also been upgraded since then to the newest and most secure version, fixing the vulnerability that allowed said access.

It is our understanding that the obsolete forum database contained usernames, email addresses and passwords that were hashed and “salted.” Salting is a common practice that involves adding random characters to the password when hashing to increase security. It is this, a “salted hash” of a password, that was stored in the database and that was accessed. Your passwords were not stored in plain text, hence they were not directly accessible by anyone.

However, in circumstances such as this, it is still advisable for users to change their account passwords. You can set your new password here.

Since the event, we’ve conducted additional external security tests, and we will double our efforts to ensure such situations don’t occur in the future.

We would like to deeply apologize to everyone affected.

CD PROJEKT RED Forum Staff

Last edited:
Kinley;n7652560 said:

Stop the feels pls ;_;

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n7652750 said:
CDPR contributed to turning it into wasteland by being completely silent.

I would rather say, main reason it's barren now, is that Witcher is over, forum served the purpose. All we have now is a distant (2020 most likely) Cyberpunk looming in the background and F2P card game that is basically Witcher Heartstone.

Shavod;n7654390 said:

I am aware of that, my account is pretty old, so it's probably there. At least they've sent the emails today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom