Forum - bugs and errors

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things about the new forums I just noticed now.

1) The multi quote function doesn't work as expected (by me). Before, we could simply stack multiple posts and press the reply to thread button, where the respective quotes would show up. Now, pressing the quote option moves you immediately to the reply box, which is undesirable if I want to quote multiple posts.

2) I embedded a video right above a quote and the quote overlaps the video. Let me try in here:

There you go.

Please FIX THE FORUM [Capitalised text in new posts]

Please. How long we're gonna suffer from the bug with breaking characters cAsE?!

Of all the thousands of issues I have with the forums, that is NOT one of them. Care to elaborate? What is exactly the problem?

Sorry guys. I really really wonder that you're unaware of the issue. There is a problem with Russian forum which affects just everyone. When you edit your post or create a new one, for some reason all letters become lowercase. If you edit such a broken post again and change the case of some letters - it may or may not preserve the case after saving. I don't see a regularity or logic.

onkeltem;n7588630 said:
There is a problem with Russian forum which affects just everyone.

How should be know about that? This is the ENGLISH forum. It's better to post this bug on the Russian forum instead.

onkeltem;n7588720 said:
They can't do anything. For months!

The case issue you describe has not been a problem on the English side. However, I will pass this information along. Please, be aware, though, that the administrator currently has a long list of bugs to fix, so, unfortunately, I cannot promise that this one will be addressed immediately. Very sorry I can't be of more help, but this is the best I can do.

Last edited:
I created a post in the english forums a couple days ago in which I had put 5 words in all capital letters... when I posted it the capitalization was removed on most of the letters but left in a couple of odd places so I had to go back and edit the post. I assumed there is a limitation on how many capital letters you can use... is there or would this be considered a bug? Either way it was odd what it left capital and what it didn't.

This LINE contains SOME words with CAPITAL letters. This LINE contains SOME words with CAPITAL letters. This LINE contains SOME words with CAPITAL letters. This LINE contains SOME words with CAPITAL letters. This LINE contains SOME words with CAPITAL letters. This LINE contains SOME words with CAPITAL letters.

works...

Well, it seems there is an issue with capitalisation in general. It simply escaped notice thus far. It has now been reported for investigation. Thank you, onkeltem and Chaob_N7 , for bringing this to our attention.

Riven-Twain;n7588910 said:
Chaob_N7 , were the capitals in the title or in the body of the post's text?

They were in the body of the post's text. I had quoted a previous post in the thread and in my reply was using the capital letters to emphatically quote a line the gwent troll says. That is the first time I've experienced capital letters being changed randomly.

Chaob_N7;n7589180 said:
They were in the body of the post's text. I had quoted a previous post in the thread and in my reply was using the capital letters to emphatically quote a line the gwent troll says. That is the first time I've experienced capital letters being changed randomly.
Thanks for the details. This appears to be the same issue. We'll see what can be done about it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Red John

Receive required amount of REDpoints.
Level: 5
Unlocked: 27-10-14, 23:39

This achievement only seems to go up to level 5 even though I should have level 8 by now. A fix would be appreciated, tyvm.

Oh and .gifv links from imgur don't seem to work with the

i'm getting a notificationmessage of a quote, and i dismiss the notification and reload the page and it's still therethe same notification
it's a bug

cyberpunkforever;n7785700 said:
i'm getting a notificationmessage of a quote, and i dismiss the notification and reload the page and it's still therethe same notification
it's a bug
Has this happened multiple times before, or did it just begin now?

Riven-Twain;n7786200 said:
Has this happened multiple times before, or did it just begin now?

it begun today and the notification of your quote it's still there after dismiss it, so every new notification will be stuck in "messages" :s

cyberpunkforever;n7786680 said:
it begun today and the notification of your quote it's still there after dismiss it, so every new notification will be stuck in "messages" :s
Thanks for the information. This is unusual. We'll investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom