Forum - opinions, suggestions

+
Is there a way to keep being signed in on the forum for more than one session? Every time I restart the browser, I need to log in again.

Yes, it's a default setting. GOG session lasts for 7 days. Please try to adjust you browsers settings (cookies for sure).

@Eri94: My regular GOG log in lasts longer. My log in which I use on the forum here resets every time I restart the browser. I don't think I have any special cookies override for the forum specifically.

[Forums] Outdated information in website

In user profile page, on the bottom of the page I see this:

It says "pre-order" for Witcher 3, needs updating.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 218d9e0371.png
    218d9e0371.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 64
1. Having to re-log-in every time I come to this page is indeed a gargantuan pain in the ass.

2. Merging the Cyberpunk off-topic with the Witcher off-topic kinda sucks too, and it really destroys the sites consistency. Now going to off-topic feels l ike having a dog that suddenly meows.

Not a fan of the color scheme for the new community/let's talk about video-games section. It's far too bright on my monitor.

It doesn't quite hurt my eyes, but it's not very pleasant to look at or to read.

Not a fan of the color scheme for the new community/let's talk about video-games section. It's far too bright on my monitor.

It doesn't quite hurt my eyes, but it's not very pleasant to look at or to read.

Same here. A bit too bright for my cave troll eyes... It looks too sterile? Like a hospital... Atmosphere is cold, not cosy.

Also it's not a good thing that we can't see new community posts in "latest posts" box anymore :(

The colors are awful. Really hard on the eye.I would prefer something darker like the Witcher subreddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/

I've been meaning to say this since some time. This one is is totally unpleasant to look at unlike The Witcher or CP77 forums. Glad to know it's not just me.
The (lighter) colour scheme needs some work, otherwise very much would prefer a dull/darker theme.

forum getting harder tio use

If there were separate sub-forums for B&W and HoS, It would be much easier for newcomers to the game to use this forum and get help. As it is, it's confusing and hard to navigate.

Just saying...

If there were separate sub-forums for B&W and HoS, It would be much easier for newcomers to the game to use this forum and get help. As it is, it's confusing and hard to navigate.

Just saying...

Well, there are sub forums for the expansions, but they are a bit difficult to locate. Under "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt," If you click on "story, location, and character discussions," there are separate sub forums for both Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. But I agree that they are hidden away and could use to be more visible.

No, the real problem is that people don't use those sub-forums enough.

There is now so much B&W and HoS stuff mixed in with the threads related to the main game...and often not labeled as related to B&W or HoS...that it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

For instance, there's a thread on armour dyes...I may be wrong but don't think that applies to the Main game. But who could tell?

yes, we should use the subforum a lot more, many threads about blood and wine are in the itcher 3 wild hunt forum, for example the screenshots of blood and wine and questions about the armor dyes
but the forum itslef is easy to use it's very well designed, it's just that we people don't use it correctly

No, the real problem is that people don't use those sub-forums enough.

There is now so much B&W and HoS stuff mixed in with the threads related to the main game...and often not labeled as related to B&W or HoS...that it's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

For instance, there's a thread on armour dyes...I may be wrong but don't think that applies to the Main game. But who could tell?

People never use the right subforums, it's an unfortunate fact of forums. I used to spend half my moderator hours moving stuff. :(

However, the dyes do apply to the main game. It's just that it was introduced at the same time as B&W.

Any chance we could get back the rest of the embedding tags the old forums used to support?
Like [*twitter][*/twitter], [*bandcamp][*/bandcamp] or others I can't recall at the moment.

And could we have the old advanced preview back please? The new one doesn't even parse/recognize the most basic tags like [*img][*/img].

Last edited:
I like it a lot so far, good job. :)

Unfortunately I came across a bug: when I try to read this topic here I am prompted for a password and login via an external input window.

I'm logged in already, so it might simply be a permission issue.

Top Bottom