Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgeJilyRpfw

This song... Whenever I think "Cyberpunk" I play through this in my head. Yeah, it's from the 80's; there will be guitars. Get over it younglings, and give it a listen and some thought.

Anyways, it's called NM156 by Queensryche. They do an excellent job of setting up the scene with with the loud keystrokes and mechanisms throbbing, and the relentless, jarring, out of place rhythm fused with the vocals creates a grotesque picture of the fusion of man and machine. Then there are parts where the man/machine's "ghost in his shell" rebels and cries out in emotional agony about the state of things, asking questions about morality in a world where there is none.

Last edited:
I hope that the game score sounds like Vangelis. A Blade Runner tipe of music will be great. You guys have a great taste for music. Great stuff here.

You're going to make my Spotify list REAAALLY long hahaha

How do I put videos that are seen here instead of only the link to YouTube?

Thanks

Cristian Vogel - Hold

Cristian Vogel - Snowcrunch

Cristian Vogel - Vessels

Cristian Vogel - Telemorphosis

Cristian Vogel - Barefoot Agnete

Cristian Vogel - Cubic Haze

Cristian Vogel - Signal Symbol

Cristian Vogel - The Merman's Dream

Schwefelgelb - Bis Zum Nächsten Tag

Schwefelgelb - Untitled/Unreleased

MadqueenShow;n8564490 said:
[_video]http://...[_/video]

Without the underscore.

MadqueenShow;n8564490 said:
You're going to make my Spotify list REAAALLY long hahaha

How do I put videos that are seen here instead of only the link to YouTube?

Thanks

Towards the upper right corner of the typing area/window you will find an icon with an "A" in it... press that and an option area will open up.

Inside the option area you will find several rectangles with several icons and options in them.

Towards the right you will find an a rectangle with 4 icons in it. The first looks like a chain, the second is an identical chain icon but with an X at the bottom right of it, the third icon looks like an image/photo with a mountain that has two peaks and a sun or moon in it as well, and the 4th icon looks like a film reel which also has a small circle with a right arrow in it.

Press the 4th icon that looks like a film reel.

That will open up a new window, where you can paste the youtube url, and then press either cancel to cancel it, or press "Ok" to add the video to your post. It should show up as the actual code with the url added to it.

If you want to write it your self, and not use the quick icon to do it, then you have to write it like this:

[vid-eo]paste url here[/vid-eo]

Just remove the lines - from each "vid-eo" so they spells "video"... had to do it that way so that you could see the code in the actual post in first place.

Edit: heh... missed that lv-426 already posted a how to.

This new system how the forum displayes the video's (especially multiple videos), and how text writen befor and after each video (even if you only posted one video), is a bit annoying since it makes such a post harder to read and/or navigate... especially with trying to figure out which particular text is supposed to go with which video, etc. XD

Last edited:
There might be a 'radio' function in this game and if there is I hope they include music from many different countries and cultures. I love this Synthwave vibe the game has currently but I also hope to see different music genres. I think New wave music generally fits this theme, but also Punk, psychedelic rock and all that good stuff and since I'm from a former Yugoslav country (Serbia) i hope to see some of the Yugoslavian music in this...

I will link my favs from these bands just to give you a general idea what i meant.

EKV (Ekatarina Velika - Serbia - Belgrade)

Elektricni Orgazam (Serbia - Belgrade)

ITD Band (Croatia - Zagreb)

Haustor (Croatia - Zagreb)

And more, just wanted to give a general idea..

I would also like to see music from Depeche mode, Hurts and others... Can't wait for this game though.

I hope there will be a radio in game (there probably will be) I want Black Sabbath's Paranoid in game, which would fit with police chases in Night City.

Check out this unofficial Cyberpunk2077 playlist, it is a mix of all popular synth and techno music makers(popular among the forums at least) that are suitable for cyberpunk theme imo. They are non vocal tracks to get the most atmospheric feeling.

I think there's only one guy responsible for the soundtrack. I hope he is able to read all the posts in this thread LMAO. If CP2077 was going for only one genre it'd be plausible to go for the dark synth soundtrack, but they told in a interview that they'd go with more diverse themes, BUT the OST in most games are focused only in one genre, in this case it can be mostly focused on the synthwave genre.

Why synthwave is so important you ask? The whole genre is basically inspired by cyberpunk themes.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8586200 said:
I think there's only one guy responsible for the soundtrack. I hope he is able to read all the posts in this thread LMAO. If CP2077 was going for only one genre it'd be plausible to go for the dark synth soundtrack, but they told in a interview that they'd go with more diverse themes, BUT the OST in most games are focused only in one genre, in this case it can be mostly focused on the synthwave genre.

Why synthwave is so important you ask? The whole genre is basically inspired by cyberpunk themes.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to have a wide variety of styles, so long as they are pertinent. Listen to "NM 156" and "Screaming in Digital" by Queensryche. It's 80's progressive metal, but it's just as cyberpunk because of the attitude and the overall feel of them.

Many appreciated tracks, got to hear some of them. Very please to see such dedication, :iconic thumbs:
Yes, I do like the 80s and 90s Retro, or the modern updated version too. Just have to find the music you like to get into the mood.

mltntpcfst;n8749680 said:
Had to have a go at making some tracks myself for this interesting and inspiring thread!
https://soundcloud.com/user-833549844/silent-running
https://soundcloud.com/user-833549844/inside-ai-core

Wanted to keep a kind of 80's retro future vibe, but get in some modern glitchy bass heavy elements.
Let me know what you think :)

Welcome to the club!

I heard both tracks. First of all, great power on both, good job on that. However, good advice always comes with how we can improve, so here is what I noticed: Some instruments (or to be rather more specific some percussion) were out of the beat, make sure that you don't confuse normal counting with swing counting (on the thirds or whatev is called). Also, it is also recommended to have some section where no percussion is heard and melody takes over, it can be an underscore drone or a simple pad, something to ease the listener from hearing beats all the time (it can also be a transition, not necessarily a full 8/16 beat. Lastly, take notice of your lows in the equalizer, you might need to suppress middle-bass a little to give space for the other frequencies to be heard (at least from what I heard).

Keep it up man, good job on the tracks, can't wait to listen more :)

Lisbeth_Salander;n8819980 said:
Magnificent find. Sounds like the music for the bad ending which led to your character dying in the rain alone among all the strangers passing by.

it was the the end credits music for twin peaks s03e05

Top Bottom