Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely must gave an embedded mini game (ie Gwent or Dice Poker in Witcher). In fact, I wouldn't be against a CyberPunk version of Gwent even. Perhaps several minigames. For example: a minigame incorporated into hacking of systems/computers/etc. And another Gwent style to play for whatever currency or other ante.

Last edited:
Not sure if someone said one of the followings already (got tired after reading the 15 first pages of this post):
- deifnitely 3rd person view (hated the switch between first person and 3rd player on deus ex for exemple)
- make it multiple planet (we can assume that moon and mars has been colonized in 2077)
- use of enhanced nano drugs
- similar system to witcher 3 with the ability to select the skills in real time (with the magic power which incidentally reminded me of secret of mana for those who played it)
- ability of having extras help (like personal nano insect/drone to go check in a building, r2d2 bot, etc...)
- multiple storyline (kind of obvious)
- stealth reward (deus ex can be finished with no kill at all)
- human or cyborg evolution (staying human get harder and makes you use of hacking and drones more than the enhanced users)
- not sure about multiplayer (maybe after finishing the solo game allow a multiplayer where you'll start with the choic s you've made on the game (i.e., you chose to stay human and improve hacking skill, you lol start multi player by being the hacker you are) and with dedicated stories that requires multiple type of character to be completed ( need 2 hacker, 3 cyborgs, one mutant, etc...)
- enhancement tree should be on every body part and some should cancel out others, for example, finger can be enhanced to be razor whips or the fist can be a flying fist or the arm could be an electric high frequency sword or an arm-gun (cobra type) thus some enhancement can't be done together.
- possibility to switch your brain for a computer chips (are you still human)
- romance :)
- a really bad ending (where you ll have to start all over again)
- avoid systems where we'll need to farm ... (hated the red mutagen search in witcher 3 cause they weren't enough...)
- some power should be always available, for instance in witcher 3 axis was not always available to use in dialog... it should affect NPC (after a while they realized being manipulated and tries to kill you for exemple)

running out of remarks for now.

cheers

My dream RPG would look as cinematic as The Witcher 3. And no, not just during dialogue. The gameplay, the combat especially with the HUD turned off is pure eye-candy(screw what Worth a Buy says). With a decent singleplayer/multiplayer endgame please. \,,/ though I can't help but be a wee-bit concerned about the vehicle mechanics/physics. I hope you guys got the right people for vehicles. The 1st Watch Dogs and now Ghost Recon: Wildlands suffers in that regard.

Most importantly, my dream RPG would be something that's been made with much love and passion by CD Projekt Red.

Last edited:
Although this'll require a lot of work, this is what I'm hoping Cyberpunk 2077 will be like (and btw, this is my second most anticipated game other than Dishonored 2, so I have very high hopes xD )

Atmosphere:
I'm expecting a very dark (theme AND lighting) world.
Some example pics -> https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/47/2e/ab/472eab76c31e216f109f56c5c4b1431c.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c9/9e/46/c99e46dd87fb437825d6739b021a26b1.jpg
So basically, the trailer is exactly the kind of dark themed world I'm hoping for.

Gameplay:
Going along with the dark, it should have very dynamic stealth (shoot out lights, take downs from cover, distractions, non-lethal weapons, etc). I'm hoping it will be similar to Dishonored where you can choose your play style. First person is also very important to me because I find that third person lacks a lot of immersion compared to first person. It has that sort of dulling effect, because you're basically watching a character in third person performing the action, it lacks the intensity (Eg. compare Resident Evil 7 to any of the other Resident Evil games).
I'm also hoping that the world around you can make each experience unique, eg. Being chased by some gang and you lead them into a police patrol, or you get cornered in an alley with cops trying to find you after you hide and you see a low window you could parkour up to, lock pick, and sneak into and get away. Just making the environment very intractable.

Story:
Just something unique which actually keeps you interested.

World:
Here's a big one; making the world running real time. Normally, people wait for you until you want to start a quest or whatever. It would be really cool if events were to happen in real time (in game that is). So if someone gives you a specific time to be somewhere, it would actually change depending on when you arrive. So if someone said there was a drug deal going on at 9 at someplace, you could arrive early to set some traps, or sneak into one of the dealers cars and act like you're part of the deal, or even arrive late when they're finishing up and you could follow one of the "cars" to it's destination and silently steal the drugs wherever they get transported to (assuming you're actually following the right vehicle). What I'm saying is the world should be alive, people have destinations, jobs, romances, going out to shop, going to bed early to get up early for work, that kind of thing. So if you asked to take out a specific person, you could follow them around and watch their activities, their life style, maybe even their relationships, and so on. This would allow for tons of diversity and different play styles, this would make everything so much more interesting because everyone actually has some sort of goal.
Building on from previously, you could set your home anywhere you liked, on the roof of a tall skyscraper, in someone's house/apartment after taking them out, or even just being a wanderer sleeping in the streets or in hotels (you could pay or just force your way in).
But most of all from all this, you could even potentially choose the kind of life you want to follow.

Crafting:
I'm hoping for a wide variety of weapons as well as lots of custom weapons you could craft, like maybe poisoned shurikens that can be thrown or spring loaded into another custom crafted device. But don't have a list, players should be able to find materials and try to make something unique with it fit to their play style.

Parkour:
I'm also really hoping this game will have a lot of options for parkour, not unrealistic ways, but actually having to look for paths you could use like ladders, ziplines, open windows (or ones that you can lockpick), climbing on walls that have lots of hand and footholds, that sort of thing. Oh, and also vaulting and stuff when you're running away.

Conclusion: (List of things I really really want this game to have in point form)
-Stealth
-First person
-Parkour
-Dark Atmosphere

I wanted to continue making my proposal, but before I think I should clarify something. I always end up getting bored with the singleplayer option of the games, however elaborate they are, because I consider the multiplayer experience, when it comes to RPG, it is much more rewarding. But I also understand that an attempt is made to please as many people as possible.
That said, my approach is to develop a game campaign for singelplayer lovers, but at the same time lay the foundation for users to create our own worlds, which we share.

And for that I think necessary the points that I exposed in the previous post, facility to create unique cities, the possibility that in them they have one or several players like game masters. As well as a list of "servers", where the "worlds" created by the players appear, with the option of indicating which type of server is, for example "Pure RPG" or "Survival", they are only examples.

I also wanted to give my opinion on the matter of the first or third person, I am indifferent, as long as you have one or several chat windows, where you can read pj's and npc's in a comfortable way. And it could be that these windows can be manipulated.

This is all for now, thanks for reading.

hi new in the forum and dint follow the game since a while so i dont know if the is am mutiplayer.
i specific wish... if it is a singleplayer (or player hostet mp) that i could say how much of my cpu performance goes in ai... i mean i played a few from the recent rpgs and the grafics got impressive but the ai is always dumb as fuck and in games like watchdogs there arent even many ai walking around it looks like a gohst city.
another wish would be if there are buildings i dont want buildings just be walls i know its hard work but i hate that, i mean look devision you in the trailer you walk from one house to another or i a tunnel... btw dungeons wourld be nice too... and in the actual game the houses are just high walls to block everything i mean if the is a city layout for the map wouldnt it be awkward that you cant go in the buildings...

I would really appreciate if the main characters of the main storyline would still be in the game after youve completed the main storyline. it really sucked that everyone just magically disappeared after you completed the storyline in the witcher 3

Now, I haven't read through the 191+ pages of reply's here, so sorry if anyone else has posted regarding this.
I have been a vivid gamer, and pen'n'paper Roleplayer for the better part of 3 decades, and Cyberpunk has been one of my all time favorites. Now there is no denying that CD projekt Red has set a new fantastic standard for RP gaming, and I fully expect you to continue on that same path.
Now whether or not people want to acknowledge the fact. Females character has always been depicted very one dimensional. Standards to size, weight, clothing, make-up, and skin color of "main" characters, has almost exclusively been set by the fashion and blockbuster movies (Thin waisted, models with white complexion in heels). I think you would benefit tremendously if you break this standard, making it possible for players to generate an overweight Somali, Nigerian, Turkish, Chinese or Inuit female with normal or ugly features. Who can still have the feeling of being the hero of the game, still have the feeling of being relevant in the world they play in.
I say this, because I truly believe you shouldn't underestimate the power of female gamers, and no matter how much we would like to dream otherwise, they are not all hot young girls playing in knee high stocking with a smoldering gleam in their eye.
We all love to be able to identify our selves, whit the character we play, at least to some degree. Why not give the huge female gaming population the same experience, and show them you know that they are as diverse, and welcome to be so, as the male population?

I truly hope you take this in to consideration, as I for one would love you even more for that! Plus you once again set a brand new standard, for the entire industry.

Sincerely
Nicolai

Hello, This may be late but here is my dream Cyberpunk RPG Video game. In no particular order.

Style over substance: Make style matter. Are you walking around in full metal gear? Do you have an assault rifle over your shoulder? People are going to notice. In the city proper, they should call the cops, in the combat zone, all the gangs are on alert. Also have NPC's react to your style. Are you wearing corp style in the combat zone, boosters mock you. Wearing Gibson Gear in the Corp Zone, Corps challenge whether your are cool enough to get away with wearing it. Style should mean something.

Make weapon concealment matter: A big problem I had with Deus Ex is you are walking around with enough fire power for a squad of marines and nobody seems to notice. You're not going to stick a Colt AMT 2000 in a pocket, it needs to be in a shoulder holster to be hidden, Sub machine guns need a long jacket, and just some weapons cannot be concealed.

A more realistic inventory system: E.Y.E. Divine cybermancy had an interesting spin on the grid inventory system. Instead of one large grid where everything goes, the grid was split up based on location where you were carrying things. so you could have a 1 X 2 box on each lower leg were you could stick a magazine of ammo, or a knife, a 2 x 2 for your pockets on your jeans were you can stick a few mags, a grenade, or a pocket pistol, a 2 x 3 on your thighs if you have a holster or cargo pockets were you can put larger hand guns, or a smaller SMG. You could have a 2 x 3 under you arm for a SMG or heavy pistol. Connect the boxes to the type of clothing you are wearing but make sure people notice. Like carrying a back through the combat zone might not be out of place, but you're not going to have a backpack at a corp party which mean depending on where you are going you have to change clother, that changes inventory space that changes the load out you are carrying.

Make ammo types real: This makes it so you need to make sure you bring enough ammo for your guns, because the guys you are taking down might be using 9mm pistols while you are using 12mm. Don't make generic ammo types that work in every type of gun of x type. I.E. pistol ammo works in all pistols.

Require different attire / load outs for different type of jobs: You've been hired to body guard at a corp party, you don't show up in a long coat with your FN and metal gear under it. You need a suit, with jacket and have to settle on inconspicuous body armor and your H&K 2020 with collapsible stock. Heading to the combat zone for a full on guns blazing assault, time to break out Ronin light and metal gear.

Make cyber psychos real and have it effect interactions: As you gain more cyberware your human interactions should suffer. Sure no one is going to slight you for having a cyber eye, smart links, some augmented hearing. But if you come in with heavy sub dermal armor, every limb decked in chrome and a metal plate for a face, people should be Leary to talk to you. When you start getting low enough have the character start getting ticks, have random voices or sounds pop up, hallucinations, make the metal really bite into the mind.

Customization: Weapons should be customizable. CP2020 has several books full of customization for weapons, gear, clothes, from extend magazines, to compact gun builds, to armored clothing, and sell it all through Chrome books and Solo of Fortune! Your character should be fully customization. Height, weight, race, gender, orientation, native language, the works.

Location based damage with location based armor: This is a must have if you are going to a cyberpunk rpg.

A home: Whether it be a road home armored RV, a coffin in a hotel, or a corp penthouse you need a home that you can buy style for, and defenses to. If you f*^k up enough in game have an enemy try and hit you there and mess up your home.

Co-Op! : Again referring to E.Y.E. Cybermancy, have one person play the main character but allow friends to tag along as your edge runner group, cop patrol, or corporate team. Two at least but up to four for some LAN fun.

All the cyberware: Mr Stud and Midnight lady included.

Bio Ware: Come on, you know some players want animal ears and a tail :-D, seriously though for more cash some genetic engineering for less humanity loss.

Relationships: From your friend on the force, to your input back in your apartment allow the main character to build relationships that matter. Have friends ask for help and if you have been a good enough bud, when you ask for some extra scratch or need an extra man for a job they help out. Some serious romance options would be good too.

Make the NPC security / enemy react like real people would: An alarm was tripped? Even if the security guards can't find what set it off for the rest of the night they are on increased alert, they pull out body armor and heavier guns, start walking in pairs. And have check in times. Low end security might only check every hour, but high end firms will check every ten minutes and if you take a guy out, and he doesn't answer his check, everyone kicks up their alert status. Again breaking out heavier gear, moving in teams and looking for their downed man. If they have been wounded or there is a s#$t load of gun fire coming their way, have them run for it or fall back to other rooms. And have realistic off site reinforcement time, even if an alarm goes off, it often takes several minutes for off site reinforcement to arrive, none of this alarm goes off and a hundred guys out of nowhere show up. Decide how many guys are at a place and that is how many guys there are, and if an alarm goes off character has x time to get the job done or get out of there before off site security shows up. That being said...

Allow for failure on jobs: Job goes south or someone lied to be about the job I should have the option to abort and get out of there. So I don't get my full pay and depending on the situation I might be pissed at the fixer who gave me the job for lying, but he tries to make it good, or he's pissed because I fubar'ed the job and now I have to make good, but allow for failure or less than perfect outcomes. More so sometimes you get into things that aren't even a job, your ambushed by boosters that are pissed at you, allow the option to run away.

Don't f%*k up Netrunning: So many games have taken shots at hacking and have failed. The hacking in Deus Ex sucked and was one of the worse parts of the game. Netrunning is a signature feature of cyberpunk, but that being said make it real time. You're in the net, s$*t's still happening outside and if you don't have home security or bro's covering your back you could get iced while in the net.

Choices in action and life style: Do you run lean and mean or with crystal and chrome, guns over cars, armor over stylish clothes, Cyberware over that penthouse apartment. Do you eat kibble so you can keep up on your trauma team coverage, or do you chance letting your coverage slip to afford that next customization on your gear. Did you scoff at that corp's job offer, he doesn't forget it and you might just find yourself with some extra visits from the cops. You gun down someone and the cops pay you a visit asking if it was self defense, hope you have a gun cam, or a record feature on your cyber eye, unless you are of course guilty. Piss off your girl friend, she gets her netrunner friend to clear out your account. Make your actions effect your life style, and have side effects to your actions, big and small.

Have you class determine your game: Corps and Rockerboys are more social characters and should have a more social style game. Nomads and Solo's are more combat aligned. Media and cops are more investigative types. Med Techs, Techies, and Netrunners could go all over the place. Use the character class to help tailor the style of game. It will allow for more replay ability, especially if each class has different side missions, opening story and background.

Allow for multiple types of solutions: Whether it is going off site and talking to an enemy gang of the mob boss you need to get out of your way, sneaking up to a transmission tower and hacking in to intercept the data you need, or just a good old fashion seal team six style op, there should be multiple ways to deal with each job or encounter, of course modified by the skills and build of the character. Now sometimes you can't talk your way out of the gun, fight, but you should the heck could have talked that nomad group into backing you up when you knew one was going to show up.

Trauma team: If I pay for trauma team coverage and I get shot up and I am not in a no fly zone, I want to be able to snap my card and in one to two minutes have an AV with an assault team over head to pull my ass out of the frying pan I am in and rushing me to the nearest hospital.

No health regen: At least not the super fast one you see in like Dues Ex and Halo. You get some first aid to help get some health back but only a hospital, expensive nano healing or repairing cybernetics get you back to 100%

Crystal Palace: I want to go to space! if only for a visit.

Nudie cards!: My wife loved collecting the nude cards like from witcher 1. :-D

The Corporate war!: Shadow war to the full blown Firestorm, whether the main character plays the fringes staying out of the main fighting, or decides to get stuck right in this needs to happen the big M verses the big A, come on you know you want too.

Power Armor and full conversion borgs!: Even if we don't play them or even fight them we need to see them at least once. And if we have to out smart, out talk, or take them on even better. Oh and we've got to see a Dragoon!

Hard Core Mode: You have one save and if you're iced your iced. All choices and actions are final. This optional mode is a must have for hard core gamers.

Either the City or the World: I either want all of Night City, every street, alley, bridge, building, combat zone, tree, AV the works, or I want to see the world, visits to Paris, UK, Canada, Mexico, Crystal Palace. If I can have both even better!

Skill based system: Obviously if I am a sole I am good with guns, but with some skill points, I can also work on cars, leave room for a little variation between characters.

No invisible walls: Let me climb that chain link fence, go over that wall, bust through that window, unless there is a cliff or hell fire, stopping me I want to be able to go there. Now I might be shot doing it but I want the ability to go there.

Unique NPC's: Enough variations between the background NPC's that they don't all look like they came out of the cloning vat.

Good Story: Read the cyberpunk classics and don't do some weak half ass Hollywood knock off or politically correct rehash. Full, listen up you primitive screw heads, maximum metal, Euro tour levels. Cyberpunk was no holds barred and your story should be that way. You can have a nod to a classic but make your own story and make it a story that utilizes the video game medium to the max, not a 'I wish I was making a movie' story that we are prisoners of.

As a fan of the Witcher series I know you guys have the skills, and you can do this right, and I don't mind waiting until 2020, to see the video game that Cyberpunk deserves, and blows Deus Ex out of the water.

Last edited:
Hi,
recently I've read about state of cyber psycho caused by using implants too much.

What about if there is something like talent tree, which reflects your cyber vs human part?
Human tree would be called "Soul" and implants tree "Core".

More than giving instant strength / stat bonus, firstly it would provide numerical value - how much player behaves as human or robot.
This value could be increased by behaving as human - but not only by "good" decision, more like "human" decision - both good or bad,
and decreased by "acting like robot", using implants and basically doing something "high tech".
I don't really understand how would this be defined, but you get the point.

Player would get talent points not by leveling up, but by doing certain actions in world,
so he could have many Soul and Core points.
This would reflect all what character went through, and not just choosing profession at level 1.

Soul points could increase some "meta" attributes, like charisma (would act similarly as Axii from Witcher), resistance against psycho state, longer time on "fast choose" dialog,
while Core points would increase "implant battery capacity" (allowing using implants more often and with less energy spent), make small animals be feared of you (just for fun), and so on...

There could also be some funny achievements requiring some of these talents, for example :
- Use leg implants to stay on water surface for at least 1 minute - > (Something with Jesus walking on water surface achievement)
- Use eye implants to win game of cards -> (Something with name of real poker legend achievement)
- Complete 100% Core talents -> (Something with "Metallica")
- Complete 100% Soul talents -> (Something with Bio products - it's modern nowadays, f.e. "To be fresh as (something)")

If you read it all, congratulations and hope you like it :)

My idea - work on game BALANCE. The Witcher 3 is too easy even on the highest difficulty level. And the longer you play the Witcher 3, the easier the game becomes, feeling that the difficulty of the game gradually reduced to light.
+ work on the enemy behavior. 1-2 kind of attack is too predictable.

Last edited:
i'd like to add something i missed since the witcher 1- the simple animations like drinking potions, smearing blade with oil, sharpening a blade with a wheatstone-

i'd love to see those animations in cp77. like realoding, cocking, swithing ammo types,

different animations fo popping a pill, shooting some goo up my arms, drinking the latest hit coktail- and i think cdpr can and shuld add those simple animations that were not present in witcher 3.

they have top of the line animators, given a recent and very impressive example:

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3...r-for-the-dlc/

Last edited:
Something that I really would apreciate in the game is a better care for the inventory. In most games you carry smg, rifle and grenade launcher and it trigger no one. When I play p'n'p cp game I love to have to deal with the suspicion and licences or worse I could get if carry such things anytime, it really rebalance in a realistic way the weaponry. Like, when I go for recon on first approach, a simple gun is better, heavy weapons are hard to manage but when it go quick and loud you make the difference.

Hello. As true Witcher fan i would say my ideas about new project from cd project red. New game should be familiar to your previous game Witcher 3. This game has stolen hearts from many many players on the world. Cyberpunk should be open world game as you primise and i can agree that. This game is going to looks like Deus Ex future world vision. The hardest part will be gameplay because we know Deus ex has a story, graphics but it is very boring, nothing special. Your game should be FAMILIAR to Witcher 3 im very seriously. Game should let us make money... make gears... make never ending quests.... as custom character we should have a pack of friends around like in Witcher. Your game must take us for 100 hours and let people take the different journey again. Most important thing how we are going to see the world from character. Camera should stay behind of person like witcher but just gameplay can be smoother as you want to apply some shooting ideas. We are truly belive you create something interesting and addicting like Witcher 3 in SCFI World.

Surprising and rare NPC interaction with the environment, including in ways one doesn't directly see.

Ok, so, waaay back in skyrim, do you recall the very first dragon you kill? Its bones stuck around for a darn long time. And before we really understood how glitchy the physics was, that pile of bones seemed monumental. Well, walking along the same road a few days later, we found the bones had 'been moved' over to the side of the road. Now, of course, we know that this was probably because some skeever walked into them for an hour while I was off being killed by mudcrabs, but the thing we assumed was that the various guards had dragged the bones off the road to clear a path for carts. The wonder! The excitement! Such deep and thoughtful NPC programming!

It would have been even more stunning if it was real. So, yeah, that's what I'd like to see--NPC interaction with the environment, including moving rubble away, fixing potholes, changing lightbulbs, whatever someone in a futuristic world would do if they saw something out of place in a given environment. Not always, right (because I'll pick up trash in my neighborhood but almost never downtown) and not all NPCs, but. It'd be nice not to, say, walk past exactly the same broken lightbulb in exactly the same place for the entire game.

i cannot understand how to edit so i'd like to add something that almost everyone would agree with.

no censorship. at all. global like. i got to play all the games int witcher trilogy uncensored and everyone should have those options.

i understsantd that those options are made for ease on market distribution, but it hurts gamers with stuck up goverment rules.

you can always make a nude/gore/blood/ toggle of option in menu or via installation option.

the last apprcoh with the witcher 3 preorder fro gog was good, evan those who preorder feom censured distribution countrys recived an unsesured copy.

the best thing will be not to censur at all, or make it optional.

or at least make an optional patch like you did with the us version of witcher 1.

censurship is annoying and should no be in any media or art form, and certenlely not be self imposed.

Modding tools and support. Let gamers play and alter the world as they like, it is why elder scrolls and fallout games are still played well past its prime. It will also allow fans of cyberpunk to add all those missing things from the books that CDPR might not have had a chance to make. Especially from the chrome books which I hope CDPR has added in the games. Sniping is also something I really want, I want to be able to snipe a character from a looooooong distance away. Something like Sniper Elite where I can snipe a person from across the map. As long as you have the right equipment and cyber gear, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom