Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good customization(in gear and character) and Looting system,A lot of weapons and armor so that the player can feel unique while playing.
A big campaign,and a hard to reach level cap.Finally we need things to do after we finish the main story,like contracts(kinda like the witcher 3 but much more) etc..
We believe in you boys.cheers!

Integrating a cell phone/smart device that can be prompted with voice commands would a great addition.
It can record video/pics, browse the web, and really act as a digital swiss army knife, even conduct purchases. Also a nice way to hack street cams, and play games or read the news, input contacts.
A world filled with advertisements and brands trying to constantly message and jockey for your attention. World building density. Drone Ads
The ability to ride hyper loop and public transportation in real-time as well as 'skip this' option too.
Sleeping and eating as strongly encouraged mandatories without getting into a SIMS situation.
More meaningful conversations with NPCs.
A challenging method for piloting a flying vehicle, thru and altitude, pitch, yaw etc.
Music is would say could be the most important. Not only music that the players has a soundtrack for the play experience, but as well when they walk past a bar or club, or a car passes by they hear their soundtrack too. Perhaps even channels of music on the PDA device. Please consider licensing and discussion with artists like Jeff Mills, Juan Atkins, Carl Craig, Sean Deason, UR, Anthony Shakir, Joel Mull, Dan Bell, Stacy Pullen, Model 500, Basic Channel. A deep meaningful soundtrack and soundscape could be your most powerful ally in building a substantive believable world.
Thanks.

What about having fast travel implemented as those pipes in Futurama ? Player could toss some nanite implants or bomb to it and so spy, destroy, reverse direction and so on ...
There would be only small amount of pipes in city and so they would need to be combined with another means of travel.
It would not need to be "fast" travel by means of instant teleportation, maybe player could control his flow in pipe and actually see himself moving from above.
Pipes could also automatically relocate to help with transport in traffic heavy places and so make classical fast travel not just "remember place, go there and click fast travel".

There would be so much joy and happiness in our hearts if Cyberpunk would be the spiritual predecessor of Omikron: The Nomad Soul- in terms of execution of atmosphere!!!, camera management and all that inspired thousands of people to this day to still send e-mails to Quantic Dream to ask for a sequel...

Here's a mistake that many developers are doing with sandbox games these days: they're making giant deserts with nothing to do in it.

We should instead give life to Night City by making it unpredictable and dynamic. It gets really repetitive once the only focus of the game are the main missions. We should add features that makes the open world's exploration more entertaining. And even better, there should be continuous activities happening in the city, that doesn't mean completing objective X then it's over and we'll never do anything like that again... instead we should focus on the activities that will happen in the real world exploration. Here are some examples:

* there should be a big amount of activities just like GTA V so we should be able to go to parties, to play games, to start fights in clubs, etc;

* if you piss off some corporation CEO he'll send assassins that will hunt you down wherever you are;

* by putting a never ending system of side quests like GTA V (you can be a taxi driver if you steal the taxi cab) so it would be dynamic to have jobs or side missions like that;

* making it possible to interact with people in the city and by that I mean having permanent companions (like New Vegas) and temporary ones (like calling Roman in GTA IV);

* the enemies in both Metal Gear Solid: 5 Phantom Pain and in Saints Row 3 had progression. That means that they got better equipment as the story progressed, so it would be cool if we had not only progression of the enemies, but progression of the city itself. Thats when we show the player that the choices he or she makes have consequences. This aspect is really important if the developers want the players to feel that the story is impactfull in any meaningfull way;

* the karaoke in Yakuza is a great example of mundane activity even though it's ridiculous, it gives the player a sensation of freedom and immersion. I'm not saying we should put karaoke in Cyberpunk but we should stick with the importance of mundane interactions;

*by making it possible to interact with gangs so we would be able to help them dominate certain areas (GTA San Andreas), the greatest thing about San Andreas is that after dominating a certain territory the rival gang would try to take them back, you see? the game moves on its own, it has life and Cyberpunk 2077 should have something like that too;

*making the spawn rate and location of enemies random which means there'll be a risk of danger any time and anywhere, therefore removing the tedious predictability that will exist after visiting the same location 2 or 3 times;

*and lastly, lets not make "You VS The World", so let's allow the npcs to have wars between them. And with this it should be "You VS The World + The World VS The World."

Now changing the subject. Another thing is how amazing it is to create our own character and we all know why, it's because of the power we feel when we insert a little piece of ourselves into the game. How about bringing that felling back to the player after he created his own main character?
Since we'll be living in a world of cyberpunk where it's possible to make extreme body modifications, it would be really nice to have an android (or maybe human) companion and be able to customize her or him the way we want to, and by that I mean customizing everything physical just like the main character (my inspirations for this idea is heavily from Dragon's Dogma and a little bit from Fallout 4). And maybe, we could even have a romance option with our "creation." I think I went too far with this one.

Last edited:
In my opinion, this game needs to implement the tone and themes of the original Cyberpunk 2020. What made Cyberpunk 2020 unique amongst the rest of pen and paper roleplaying games is that you are not the hero. The game is not about the god sent almighty protagonist, it is about common people who live in a world which is cruel and unforgiving, yet they must figure out how to support themselves, whether it's legal or not doesn't matter, all that matters is that it makes enough money to pay the rent and see them through another day. The game should not feel as if you are controlling god, but instead it should feel as if you stepped into the shoes of a real person who feels pain and has a life just as you do. People are not robots in Cyberpunk, they feel pain and as such should have a reaction to getting injured as in addition to getting shot and stab wounds, your character should have the risk of getting limbs broken or severed depending on the type of damage done to the player and more to that extent, the player should not regenerate health.

For a game like I wish Cyberpunks 2077 to be the city needs to feel alive as, in a sandbox, the city and its NPCs are what makes the game interesting, and no matter how good of a story you write, it will never be able to beat an organic story that comes about from placing a player in a city with people who each have their own unique stories and vices which drives them. A game with a pre-written story where in the character loses his/her arm in a cutscene will never be as emotional of immersive as a game where while trying to confront a drug dealer you get engaged in a huge firefight with a local gang and while trying to duck into cover, the enemy gets a lucky shot off and severs your arm, forcing you to finish the fight with one arm while slowly bleeding out. An organic story will always pack a stronger punch that a pre-written one.

immersion is the most powerful feeling that you can give a player and the most important aspect for an RPG as it help the player actually feel as if they are in the world. To that end the world building needs to be as detailed s possible. The people of Night City shouldn't speak in the same way as we do, they should have their own slang and pop-culture references, similar to Star Wars when they call someone a “son of a bantha” or a “scruffy looking nerf-herder”, the culture is different to our own so the vernacular should also be different. The world of Cyberpunks values style above all else. Therefore the outfits in the game should not be just your standard jeans and t-shirt, they need to have a special aspect or design that makes them seem a world apart from what we know. The game should not have too much repetition because seeing the exact same character or events repeated multiple times ruins the feeling of immersion.

Guest 4089010

I would love where you would be able to go into random apartments and houses and just see the life of other people. Like for instance, I'm walking down an alley and decide to go into an apartment just to see what's going on in there. Maybe walk into random stores and stuff. I don't know, lol. I would like the world to feel ALIVE and memorable. Sorry if this is too much to ask for. : / I look forward to buying the game. : )

No matter what you do, please value Quality over Quantity and also do your own thing. I see a lot of games adapting to the mainstream consumer, that's why A LOT of games feel so generic and lackluster. I'm happy that i own TW3 because it is so fresh and valuable. I hope..no, i know that you'll do the same with Cyberpunk 2077. That being said my ideas and suggestions are:

- Customization
It doesn't matter in which area. Let us express ourselves. Not only visually but also gameplay wise (Playstyles).

- Music/SFX
PLEASE make this a big priority in your game.
I think a bit of mistery is involved in the cyberpunk world. Can you highlight this ? A good example is the game "Transistor". I really enjoy music & vocals, especially in a game setting when everything just fits together.

- PvP
I know this isn't a MMO but a way to compete with others & friends is always fun. I have no specific idea because i don't know how this game is going to be. But an interaction between real players is always great. Bloodborne/Dark Souls style ?

- Rain. Add a lot of rain and fog. But in terms of weather you know how to do it -> TW3.
I can already imagine a variety of cyber enemies blurring out of the fog with red shining eyes...

I just relied, A.I. smart houses should be a thing. At least for more wealthy houses. You could buy personality programs to run the house and later might buy some different model androids to give bodies to your smart house to use.

It would be cool if cyberpunk had something like a more powerful version nemesis system from shadow of mordor, where random NPC's reacted to you based on what you did. Not just fighting, but random stuff. Like you save an NPC and later you just happen to walk by them, they stop and thank you, perhaps giving you a reward. Then again, you kill an NPC another one will track you down and find out the person was the NPC's family member and they are out for revenge. Maybe you have a one night stand and the spouse of the person comes after you, or even the person themselves think it means more than it did and now you have someone who wants to get serious with you. The nemesis system really added a lot to NPC's that normally are nothing more than mindless creatures, but actually made them more alive. I am hoping more game companies eventually start creating their own versions and putting it into games.

a nice idea, but cdpr just to impalnt a better choices and consequences on the npc part to make much better than the nemesis system. maybe for an expansion or cyberpunk sequal cause this kind of things need a lot of work.

Azriel7;n8387680 said:
It would be cool if cyberpunk had something like a more powerful version nemesis system from shadow of mordor, where random NPC's reacted to you based on what you did. Not just fighting, but random stuff. Like you save an NPC and later you just happen to walk by them, they stop and thank you, perhaps giving you a reward. Then again, you kill an NPC another one will track you down and find out the person was the NPC's family member and they are out for revenge. Maybe you have a one night stand and the spouse of the person comes after you, or even the person themselves think it means more than it did and now you have someone who wants to get serious with you. The nemesis system really added a lot to NPC's that normally are nothing more than mindless creatures, but actually made them more alive. I am hoping more game companies eventually start creating their own versions and putting it into games.

It would require some work, but definitely give a lot more character to non descript npcs.

The system actually isn't all that complex, apparently: http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/13/6...s-system-is-simpler-than-you-think-and-should

Seems that game simply combines name generator, visual parameters, prerecorded sounds/etc and combines them together based on specified requisites...all the variety of combinations together make responsiveness feel "intelligent".

In a dense, hugely populated world with plenty of dynamic events this would have huuuuuge potential. Probably more a technical/memory issue, than anything else.

- A "BASE" or "HOME" mechanic, I believe this is the number one aspect of a game that HUMANS will like because as humans we all have a place to call home, our very own personal space. and FOR KEEPING THINGS we found or bought. Since this is a game with robotic theme, it's probably in the form of AN AIRCRAFT or A SHIP, upgradeable and buildable. It would be great if we can even craft and design the body like building a house in minecraft or ark , then add the machinery to make it able to fly in the air or sail on the sea or even dive in the sea. Also put in furnitures and objects in it like cupboard, refrigerator, bed, workbench, grill, etc. There can also be a fixed mothership if needed.
(I just found a game called SCRAP MECHANIC or TERRA TECH that fits to what I describe, we can build something and put engines to drive it like a car, fly it like an aircraft too, from what I watched on utube)

- Variations to Monsters, or in a game like this, it's probably Robots or a mixed like Cyborgs or Animal-cyborgs or Monster-cyborgs.AS-MANY-AS-CDPR-CAN-MAKE ( a specific team dedicated and assigned for this would be great! ). If you think 10 kind of monsters is enough to populate a HUGE WORLD, ask your players, the answer is HELL NO, 20 ? SAME ANSWER, 50 ? still a BIG NO NO ! 100 ? We can live with that but we want MORE.The key here MORE IS BETTER, unlimited is best xD , I was hoping CDPR would keep adding monsters to the Witcher 3 at its prime time but maybe it has enough to keep up with the story, but Cyberpunk is a sandbox, I expect more.

(Just for reference, let me ask google how many animal species are there on earth, this is one of his answer : Species count put at 8.7 million. The natural world contains about 8.7 million species, according to a new estimate described by scientists as the most accurate ever. But the vast majority have not been identified - and cataloguing them all could take more than 1,000 years.)

(another question to google is How many types of dinosaurs are there in the world? At present over 700 different species of dinosaurs have been identified and named. However palaeontologists believe that there are many more new and different dinosaur species still to be discovered.)

A picture usually tells a thousand words, but in this case, these words reflect a thousand pictures or monsters to be exact xD

- Crafting and building, gathering resources, just like minecraft or Ark Survival Evolved or RTS game. Some materials are harder to get, guarded by a BOSS or even acquired by killing this boss or specific monster/bot.

- PET system, with animals or monsters that need to be tamed first, with mutations or added cyborg stuffs on them but with real purpose (like in Ark game, every dino has its own specialty, as utility or for gathering resources.)

- Cosmetic items / fashions / decorations for aesthetics, people love those stuffs especially in mmo.

- A mod tool dedicated for CREATING OBJECTs to be transferred and put in the game would be a plus, there'll be UNLIMITED supplies of objects to what we can see IN the game.

- Customizable objects/weapons/etc via a workshop or workbench which is an item that provides crazy customizations, the idea is like building a base above, but it's for objects, we build the objects ourselves but the mechanics is provided by the game, we just customize the "casing" , eg :
* a sword, we can make and shape the look, the color, and everything, and in the end the game asks which would be the sharp edges to make it work with the sword mechanic.
* a gun, same like above, we build the objects, then the game asks where the magazine should be, then the barrel and muzzle, etc
that's an awesome customization and I think has never been in any game or cmiiw., it can be applied to many things. The game provide the game-mechanics for specific item, the players create "the casings". People love customizations even if it's just cosmetics, but usable custom objects is a very strong ingredient to a sandbox game.

- Fishing, bugs collecting for collectibles like in Zelda game, well...bugs would be weird in cyberpunk, but fishing is always welcome in a game.

- A lot of interactions with objects in the game even though they won't serve any purpose are also great additions to make it more alive

- Recipes for medicines, foods, drinks, etc.

- Slave or maid system. With a lot that can be done in the game, some of them will feel like chores even though we can still enjoy it ocassionally, it'd be great to add a slave or maid system so we can just order him or her to make stuffs or do basic/daily stuffs, and also add routines if needed.

- Skill based stuffs, learn stuffs from a person, from situations, from experiences, or from books or whatever. Don't use level especially for gears. A sword is a sword and used for killing, be it a sharp sword, a blunt sword, a level 1 sword or a level 150 sword, using level-based gears ruin the immersion, we all can even kill using just a needle if we have the stomach xD. An armor is also just an armor, everyone can wear it and get the protection it provides, be it a baby or a big person, well..probably not a baby, but you get the idea xD. To me Level based armor is just silly. Just use the law of physics, even if it's just fiction and only apply to this game world.

I think some of those above are key ingredients for a sandbox game that makes it interesting. A personal space to keep stuffs that can be modified to our heart's content, great numbers of creatures, crafting system, building system, taming system, etc

Oh and the most important thing is make this game so wild and unexpected, I hate a game that has a "pattern", once the pattern is figured out, boredom builds up real quick.

(that's all for now, I'll probably edit this post some more until the game is ready :D)

Last edited:
Keeping in mind the cyberpunk theme.

- What many games have come close to fulfilling but never quite getting, I really would love to be able to be in able to create a character then go and find loot that once I have nobody else could possible have, unless somehow they dueled me for it and won in that case would be able to chop of my prized gorgeous one of a kind arms, or hands, or even fingers however far you want to go.

- Kowloon city inspired locations although the city could open up in a nice "drop off" sense in some areas. Drop off like Finding Nemo yes.

- Unique and displaced shops all over that are wonderful to visit. Some are top of the line, but its a spectrum. There's a futuristic Victorian style barber robot guy that looks like he could rip you to shreds who install parts you collect or some other thing that's fun and upgradey. This guy's shop could be really cool and have a ton of stuff made out of that really clean futuristic blueish glass.

- Have to have a nice upgrade system of all abilities obviously, but what would be really nice and new would be if a game let you choose how you fought in combat. I would like to be able to chose if I fire my gun with one hand or two, my right or left. Going further imagine being able to choose what style of hand to hand combat you use, what if all characters start with street fight skills but have to actually spend money and time to learn better styles or actual disciplines. There could be many styles and maybe you can focus on one or work with many or all of them but once you are fully leveled in hand to hand combat you will actually master your own style and fight that way forever unless you pay to get a TOTAL RECALL d: Also imagine how that would affect multiplayer pvp, the fights could be AWESOME!

- When swimming is left out of games it takes from immersion. When you can't sit on something it takes away from immersion. When it rains and your clothes don't get wet or your feet don't leave marks where they should it takes away from immersion. When you cannot climb and jump over things that any ordinary man could.. ...it doesn't just take from immersion it pisses off fans. Try to be immersive. Let us pick stuff up, throw it, pick it up again throw it at a face. Oh and doors that are just there for aesthetic really annoy me personally *cough*destiny*cough*.

This was fun thanks for letting us give our thoughts.

Maybe this has been brought up before, but I still think CDPR should try and take inspiration from certain aspects of the most recent Zelda game. In particular in terms of exploration, freedom, and hand-holding.

In terms of exploration I think should try and keep both the on-foot and perhaps the vehicle controls as intuitive as possible and also make the world feel built around these mechanics. Because after playing BotW, I can definitely say that the witcher's means of traversing the world doesn't hold a candle to it. I get that these are two entirely different beasts, but I still think CDPR should explore options to make exploring the world feel more open and fun.

Lastly and most importantly, I think CDPR should focus on how they handle freedom and hand-holding.
I say this because while CDPR certainly are excellent at crafting great stories and side quests, they often end up shooting themselves in the foot by giving you the answer. Either you just have to use your whatever senses to instantly find what you need, or the game will outright tell you straight away. Some of my favorite moments in TW3 was when it surprised me by having a hidden objective in the cannibal quest or realizing there was a way to get the good ending in A Knight's tales while still refusing the witch by going exploring on your own. It's okay to give your audience the freedom to find out things on their own and also allow them to fuck up.

So please allow us to find some of these things on our own and don't just serve it to us on a platter.

Make a multiplayer mode like the gta5 real life RP mod. It will be a lot of fun to live in the cyberpunk world RPing based on enforced rules.

Just had an idea. It would be kind of cool if the prologue was actually a braindance where only at the end of it you realize you're a different player character. You learn all about the world through the eyes of an NPC, then come out of the dance and start your own character's story.

Rawls;n8436150 said:
Just had an idea. It would be kind of cool if the prologue was actually a braindance where only at the end of it you realize you're a different player character. You learn all about the world through the eyes of an NPC, then come out of the dance and start your own character's story.
That's actually an interesting idea.

How about taking it one step further?

Have a dance for each role tailored to that role to showcase what each does and how it operates?

Please, no secondary missions like "deliver five of theese" go to point A and push button, go to point B and push button... Theese kind of missions are an insult to the human brain (Bioware like).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom