(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ. Frequently Asked Quandaries.

+
kanonite;n7712300 said:
Balls Of Titanium, breaking and entering for THE TRUTH type as described in the corebook.
In that case you need to get people to reveal things they don't wish to with questions based on careful attention to not only what they say but how they say it.
So, yeah, for that kind of Media I'd say Empathy is very important. Along with interrogation, human perception, interview, and persuasion & fast talk.

Suhiira;n7712650 said:
In that case you need to get people to reveal things they don't wish to with questions based on careful attention to not only what they say but how they say it.
So, yeah, for that kind of Media I'd say Empathy is very important. Along with interrogation, human perception, interview, and persuasion & fast talk.

Yeah, with some chips and one enhanced sense at best.

I am not sure if it the right place to ask about the cyberpunk 2077 release date. But I'm quite curious to know about the release. I scrolled through many sites like pcgamer, cyberpunk2077news etc but couldn't find any compelling answer. Can anyone plz help me with the same.

addy97;n7868330 said:
I am not sure if it the right place to ask about the cyberpunk 2077 release date. But I'm quite curious to know about the release. I scrolled through many sites like pcgamer, cyberpunk2077news etc but couldn't find any compelling answer. Can anyone plz help me with the same.

There is none.

I am not sure if this is in here yet... did a smaller search of it and did not find something during it.

It's a blog post by Marcin Janiszewski from what I think is november 2012, where he talks about the inspirations for Cyberpunk 2077.

"Not only the Cyberchef has his taste: More about inspiration"

It is on what was a Cyberpunk 2077 dedicated blog that people connected to the game wrote on... but only between what I think is October 2012, to January 2013 shortly after the teaser trailer was released. Then they stopped writing on it.

It was around the same time I think when they stopped doing anything with their Cyberpunk.net page as well. Actually, in the Media Movie section on this page there are two links to two videos from the Cyberpunk 2077 youtube channel... videos which you can only find if you have the actual urls to them (they do not show up on the channels page because the videos are what is known as "Unlisted"). They are both from 2012. I do think that many of us older CP2077 forumites here have seen them befor, I know I have... but maybe some of the newe people from the past few 2 or 3 years have not.

"CD Projekt RED announces Cyberpunk" and "CD Projekt RED reveals Cyberpunk 2077"

They are both over 4, closing on 4.5, years old by now, so who knows how much have changed since then... and I don't know how much is repeated in both videos either, since it would take me probably an hour or 3 to try and watch them (limited bandwidth, which I often run through in 2-4 days, and then I have only about 25kb/sec speed after that... that's what I get for living just a tad bit to far away from my city to connect to it's broadband goodness... XD ) hours which I don't want to spend on it, since I want to play Mordheim as soon as I finish this post... anyway... those videos could maybe be interesting for some to watch. :)

Sardukhar;n8346080 said:
Of course we've seen it. Of course it means very little, years later. CDPR has made no firm statements. Everything is subject to change.
Saying it publicly isn't a firm statement?

BadWolf3;n8346690 said:
Saying it publicly isn't a firm statement?

Nope, because it's totally subject to change. Those were the plans, then. Tentative plans. It would be utterly nuts to expect them to stick to anything they said 4 years ago - nor would they expect us to hold them to anything but the most general plans. It's an RPG. It's a Cyberpunk RPG. After that, all bets are off.

That's why they are so close-mouthed, because everything is subject to change.

Sardukhar;n8346820 said:
It would be utterly nuts to expect them to stick to anything they said 4 years ago - nor would they expect us to hold them to anything but the most general plans. It's an RPG. It's a Cyberpunk RPG. After that, all bets are off.

That's why they are so close-mouthed, because everything is subject to change.
I hope your opinions are subject to change, because "It would be utterly nuts to expect them to stick to anything they said 4 years ago - nor would they expect us to hold them to anything but the most general plans." makes little to no sense, especially when we're talking about CDPR. So all bets are off? this can be isometric? no longer sandbox? I mean, all bets are off, right?

They're close-mouthed for PR reasons, obviously. You don't see Rockstar or Bethesda talk about their game every day. Yeah, lots of things change in development, but not to that extent.

BadWolf3;n8350070 said:
I hope your opinions are subject to change, because "It would be utterly nuts to expect them to stick to anything they said 4 years ago - nor would they expect us to hold them to anything but the most general plans." makes little to no sense, especially when we're talking about CDPR. So all bets are off? this can be isometric? no longer sandbox? I mean, all bets are off, right?

They're close-mouthed for PR reasons, obviously. You don't see Rockstar or Bethesda talk about their game every day. Yeah, lots of things change in development, but not to that extent.

Unlikely is not the same thing as not happening, there are lots of things that are unlikely, it's unlikely to be CoD in a Cyberpunk setting, it's unlikely to use the aesthetic of Joel Schumacher's Batman films, but until these things are locked in and they are happy with them, it's subject to change. everything is subject to change.

Sardukhar;n27282 said:
Factions, character creation, gameplay plans, etc. WORT
Sardukhar;n27282 said:
Oct 30, 2015 "An even more sizable team has actually been working on Cyberpunk for quite a while right now" Thanks, Slimgrin.

Was just looking at http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/?job-project=cyberpunk-2077 and this paints an interesting picture. There are 39 open Job postings for Cyberpunk 2077 right now. The ones of note to me are Lead Level Designer, Lead Gameplay Designer, and Network Programmer. The former two lead me to believe that the game is not nearly as far along in its development cycle as we all might hope. The latter not only implies but confirms some sort of multiplayer element to the game.

AgentX2009;n8434110 said:
Was just looking at http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/?job-project=cyberpunk-2077 and this paints an interesting picture. There are 39 open Job postings for Cyberpunk 2077 right now. The ones of note to me are Lead Level Designer, Lead Gameplay Designer, and Network Programmer. The former two lead me to believe that the game is not nearly as far along in its development cycle as we all might hope. The latter not only implies but confirms some sort of multiplayer element to the game.
Not necessarily.
You need art, 3D models, gameplay and UI systems in place before you can do ANY level design, and gameplay is a matter of developing and refining the mechanics of the game and it's UI. So actually those job opening say the opposite ... CP2077 is fairly far along in it's development and they're ready to actually create the playable game itself.

We knew some sort of multiplayer for CP2077 was intended from the very beginning, and again, until you have a playable game there's not much for a network programmer to do.

New staff is being hired all the time, even a few months before the release of Blood and Wine, there were still several Witcher related job postings. And even near the release date of the game, there will probably be similar job postings already for the DLCs.

AgentX2009;n8434110 said:

According to Adam Badowski they do already have a full team working on Cyberpunk, but they keep hiring new people to search for rare talents. Besides they have plans for another major project, so it's very likely they look for the people who are going to work on that new game and they wrote that they are hiring more people for Cyberpunk to hide what this next game actually gonna be.

Good talent is ALWAYS a priority if you take your game development seriously.
If you want to be say Ubisoft and make clones you don't need any.

I saw in this article, from only a month and a half or so ago, that they currently have about 300 people working on Cyberpunk 2077, and that they might have as many as 400 at the end of the development of the game.

It was also said that a lot of the people they are currently hiring are not going to CP2077. They also said that the CP2077 team is already complete (even if it was said earlier that they might have about 100 more people by the end of development... I would asume these extra people will be there to help with the final push of the game, so would not be part of the normal main CP2077 team).

Top Bottom