Cyberpunk Source Material: Games, Movies, Books

+
i need a fresh dose of some cp movies

Attachments

• ezgif-771515971.gif
    ezgif-771515971.gif
    154.1 KB · Views: 60
Psycho Pass är en anime som jag gillade skarpt när jag såg den.

Förutom som anime så finns den som Manga och Light Novel också.

- - -

Edit: What the... well ok then... for some reason I wrote that in Swedish. Must be due to having writen a lot of posts in Swedish on a Swedish pnp rpg forum... the last one being about a bunch of animes, which is why I then went to this page and posted about this anime. XD

So to translate the above thing:

"Psycho Pass is an anime which I really liked when I saw it.

In addition to the anime it also exists as Manga and Light Novel."

XD

Last edited:
I've had a horrible thought... Hoping for someone to tell me it's silly.

The game turns out to borrow stories from the source materials instead of having 100% new CDPR crafted adventure, and focuses on multiplayer / coop instead of story focus.

Just a bad dream, right?

Yeah, bad dream. From what I can gather about CDPR, their business model is a gigantic middle finger to most other modern developers (and it's perfect BECAUSE they are successful)

swordsandroses;n8436310 said:
I've had a horrible thought... Hoping for someone to tell me it's silly.

The game turns out to borrow stories from the source materials instead of having 100% new CDPR crafted adventure, and focuses on multiplayer / coop instead of story focus.

Just a bad dream, right?

No.

Witcher borrowed from the source material for most of it's plots and character dramas.

Cyberpunk 2020 stories are cool.

Multiplayer/coop focus would suck though.

Sardukhar;n8559660 said:
No.

Witcher borrowed from the source material for most of it's plots and character dramas.

Cyberpunk 2020 stories are cool.

Multiplayer/coop focus would suck though.

As long as they can nail the story and SP - they will do well, I think that is the key, MP/coop can be secondary

TOKYO 42 is out now | Cyberpunk meets Hello Kitty meets IKEA

Been playing it nonstop since it came out AMAZING game. The world feels so alive and its GORGEOUS!!!

Its like GTA mixed with Syndicate game. its awesome.

Out not now on PC and Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGRrx4v90I

something small and beautiful til cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

Calistarius;n7614540 said:
Psycho Pass är en anime som jag gillade skarpt när jag såg den.

Förutom som anime så finns den som Manga och Light Novel också.

- - -

Edit: What the... well ok then... for some reason I wrote that in Swedish. Must be due to having writen a lot of posts in Swedish on a Swedish pnp rpg forum... the last one being about a bunch of animes, which is why I then went to this page and posted about this anime. XD

So to translate the above thing:

"Psycho Pass is an anime which I really liked when I saw it.

In addition to the anime it also exists as Manga and Light Novel."

XD

Wait, I tought we were all polish. Should have finished Psycho Pass.

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

This list is awesome. Cool to see Project Snowblind on here, that games was actually really good back in the day. Also, wouldn't Jak and Daxter fall under somewhat Cyberpunk is some areas? Specifically Jak 2 and Jak 3. Its a futuristic city, flying cars, hover boards, cybernetic characters, even the guy Vin who is stuck in the digital world. Probably not as ground in Cyberpunk as some games but its there

has anyone seen the show incorporated? i mean, it's corporate campaign incarnate. and it'a a nice show to boot. should be on the list.

In case you missed it Roger Corman redid Death Race 2000 as Death Race 2050. It's still punk as hell and also a bit more cyber so I think it deserves mentioning.

I have heard rumor of a "Cyberpunk 2077 pen and paper update from RTG. Any idea if this is true and when it is supposed to come out?

BTW moderator. On Shadowrun being CP? I beg to differ. Gibson, Sterling or Spinrad didn't put elves and orcs into their stories and Philip K.Dick didn't add any magic to his tales. Call me a purist, but if you want magic with your tech, play Rifts... (Damn, I said the "R -Word! Need to wash out my mouth with CHOOH2.)

Top Bottom