x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Forlorn Hope

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okely dokely. So Alan set up a Discord server for quick chat and occasional voice chat. It's here! https://discord.gg/Ra4Z7vz

Many of the same people, more swearing. That's mostly it. Drop in!

All posts are typically and brilliantly my own, unless you see my Moderator Voice. | We have Rules! Read 'em! | Visit the Forlorn Hope!

Comment

• So anyone got any good Cyberpunk/Post-Cyberpunk book recommendations? I've been rereading Gibson's stuff and Altered Carbon. Tried Snow Crash but couldn't get into it.

Hell, book recommendations in general are great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corewolf View Post
        So anyone got any good Cyberpunk/Post-Cyberpunk book recommendations? I've been rereading Gibson's stuff and Altered Carbon. Tried Snow Crash but couldn't get into it.

Hell, book recommendations in general are great.
        Hardwired, Walter Jon WIlliams.

Vickers, Mick Farren

More here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...s-movies-books
        All posts are typically and brilliantly my own, unless you see my Moderator Voice. | We have Rules! Read 'em! | Visit the Forlorn Hope!

Comment

• Two things I'm most excited for this year: American Gods and first bit of legit news which will be unveiled this year. Damn gotta get through this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aditya View Post
            Two things I'm most excited for this year: American Gods and first bit of legit news which will be unveiled this year. Damn gotta get through this!
            The first is a given.

The second is not.

But we can hope!

Comment

• I've been playing Quantum Break recently since people behind that game have joined the gameplay design team for CP2077..

When you get all your powers, the gameplay is really, really good. The only thing I don't like about the game is that the live action "tv show" parts are extremely forced. When I play a game, I want to play the game, not watch a television show.
              Last edited by Meccanical; 28-02-17, 23:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meccanical View Post
                I've been playing Quantum Break recently since people behind that game have joined the gameplay design team for CP2077..

When you get all your powers, the gameplay is really, really good. The only thing I don't like about the game is that the live action "tv show" parts are extremely forced. When I play a game, I want to play the game, not watch a television show.
                Yes, I loved the combat there. Those that criticized it, treated it as cover shooter, really shines in gun+power combos, though they should encouraged more this approach. Not sure similar style we'll have here, it's pretty much designed to make you feel as Superhero.
                ( Though reactions from some of the folks here, would be priceless :P).

Comment

• Yeah, I hope CP2077 doesn't make you feel like a superhero,(at least without some significant investment and effort), but at least I know the new guys know how to make a game that "feels good".

Comment

Yeah, I hope CP2077 doesn't make you feel like a superhero ...
                    If you're playing a skilled Netrunner with a good deck and programs you can be a superhero ... in the net!
                    "When you talk you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Comment

• Originally posted by Suhiira View Post
                      If you're playing a skilled Netrunner with a good deck and programs you can be a superhero ... in the net!
                      I will probably catch some flak for this, but I actually really liked how Shadowrun Returns (Particularly Hong Kong) handled Decking. Stealth Element till you get noticed, then only the thing that noticed you till it establishes a full trace.

Then the entire goddamn system comes after you with demonic spiders.

Comment

Yeah, I hope CP2077 doesn't make you feel like a superhero,(at least without some significant investment and effort), but at least I know the new guys know how to make a game that "feels good".
                        Being a some superhero can be rather boring. With some effort progression should come gradually but hopefully not too grindy for the investment, but I don't wanna be Alloy going out and stripping the forest of all it's resources to buy a Shadow Trip-caster immediately either.
                        Pacing for something like CP2077 will probably affect how invested I get, just as much as story and interactivity.
                        Everything must go! Everything must go. Everything must go.. Everything must go.. Everything must go... Everything must go...

Comment

• Originally posted by Koralian View Post
                          Being a some superhero can be rather boring. With some effort progression should come gradually but hopefully not too grindy for the investment, but I don't wanna be Alloy going out and stripping the forest of all it's resources to buy a Shadow Trip-caster immediately either. Pacing for something like CP2077 will probably affect how invested I get, just as much as story and interactivity.
                          This is half the problem I have with modern Pre-Order bonuses. Either they are just some cosmetic BS. Or they have a massive impact on gameplay and make it unfun

Comment

• On the note of Cyberpunky things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QscdpQfUQNw

Comment

• Originally posted by Corewolf View Post
                              On the note of Cyberpunky things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QscdpQfUQNw
                              I've been keeping my eyes on it.

Personally it looks a bit promising.

I'm happy the devs are trying not to make this a dark souls clone.xD
                              "I kill people with kindness, favorites and redpoints."

Comment

• Sweet, a new Deck13 game I wasn't aware of. They make great stuff.

Hopefully no Denuvo this time around. It sucked passing on Lords of the Fallen, even if the publishers seem to have stuck their fingers in that one and messed it up with some kind of joint development. Wonder if this is Deck13's attempt to make what they weren't able to that time? It definitely looks Souls-y, but like a sunny, robot-y kind of Souls, and Robo-Sunny Souls sounds awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X