The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
i few years back i thought that a ff7 remake would be the thing i would expect the most regarding video games. now it's dosne't evan scratch top 5. but cyberpunk is by huuuge margin, number one

kudos, cdpr!!
:cheers:

that's very good news, i read last year that the witcher games are 10% of Poland exportation to the world!

it's great that they have enough resources to develop cyberpunk 2077

New to Gaming Need Hard Drive

Hey Guys i am new to gaming and wanted to know which hard drive will be best for best gaming experience.
My PC is very slow running PC. I have heard that an external hard drive can fix that.

Please recommend a very low budget external hard drive.Please dont throw your affiliate links and try to help me.
Thanks

No, it wont. For new games, and especially open-worlds like CP2077, it's preferable to install SSD and install games there. But if your PC FOR REAL is slow, only a complete upgrade can work.

The speed of your CPU and graphics card are what are most vital to a game machine, followed very closely by the amount of RAM, the hard drive is least important.

Suhiira;n7803950 said:
The speed of your CPU and graphics card are what are most vital to a game machine, followed very closely by the amount of RAM, the hard drive is least important.
In present time, when games' size is 50GB and they have to stream big chunks of data from hard drive to ram and vice versa, HDD access speed now starts being important. Too bad.

Either that or 2x bigger ram. Not to mention never fixed memory leaks in GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider, these games can eat up to 11 gigs of available RAM.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n7804150 said:
In present time, when games' size is 50GB and they have to stream big chunks of data from hard drive to ram and vice versa, HDD access speed now starts being important. Too bad.

Either that or bigger ram. Not to mention never fixed memory leaks in GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider, these can eat up to 11 gigs of available RAM.
Oh it's important, but of the factors I mentioned least important. If gadgetick has a slow PC investing in a new hard drive won't do them any significant good. It's really a "why bother" situation.

As to memory leaks ... annoying as hell but the practical solution is to shut down your game and restart it every hour or so. It's also an excellent oppertunity to stretch and grab a drink.

Last edited:
Okely dokely. So Alan set up a Discord server for quick chat and occasional voice chat. It's here! https://discord.gg/Ra4Z7vz

Many of the same people, more swearing. That's mostly it. Drop in!

So anyone got any good Cyberpunk/Post-Cyberpunk book recommendations? I've been rereading Gibson's stuff and Altered Carbon. Tried Snow Crash but couldn't get into it.

Hell, book recommendations in general are great.

Two things I'm most excited for this year: American Gods and first bit of legit news which will be unveiled this year. Damn gotta get through this!

I've been playing Quantum Break recently since people behind that game have joined the gameplay design team for CP2077..

When you get all your powers, the gameplay is really, really good. The only thing I don't like about the game is that the live action "tv show" parts are extremely forced. When I play a game, I want to play the game, not watch a television show.

Last edited:
Meccanical;n7951870 said:
I've been playing Quantum Break recently since people behind that game have joined the gameplay design team for CP2077..

When you get all your powers, the gameplay is really, really good. The only thing I don't like about the game is that the live action "tv show" parts are extremely forced. When I play a game, I want to play the game, not watch a television show.

Yes, I loved the combat there. Those that criticized it, treated it as cover shooter, really shines in gun+power combos, though they should encouraged more this approach. Not sure similar style we'll have here, it's pretty much designed to make you feel as Superhero.
( Though reactions from some of the folks here, would be priceless :p).

Yeah, I hope CP2077 doesn't make you feel like a superhero,(at least without some significant investment and effort), but at least I know the new guys know how to make a game that "feels good".

Meccanical;n7973830 said:
Yeah, I hope CP2077 doesn't make you feel like a superhero ...
If you're playing a skilled Netrunner with a good deck and programs you can be a superhero ... in the net!

Top Bottom