Cover based system

+
Meccanical;n8216560 said:
Yes, I think it's super important that cover should be something you have to SCRAMBLE to get too, and that it isn't immune to every munition known to man.

Although I would also like to bring up that I hope the game isn't just constantly funneling you into forced combat encounters for the whole game.

One thing I would like to see from this game is for enemy combatants to be able to lose you if you manage to outflank them and break line of sight for a length of time.

Also, ( And now we are off topic BAD MODERATOR) shoot stab or beat you and just...leave you. Not always kill you. Just walk off laughing or move away because they think you are dead. Have it happen if you hit Critical Wounded and stop moving. The AI has a chance based on the enemy type of thinking you're dead or laughing at your puniness and moving on.

Sardukhar;n8217500 said:
The AI has a chance based on the enemy type of thinking you're dead or laughing at your puniness and moving on.
Great idea, never saw anything like that in RPGs. The closest thing might be Fallout 2 (we can't just forget Fallout for this dilogy contributed so much to the genre) when you critically shoot enemies and they fall flat unconcious which lead to combat end and you could loot their inventory.

But how high the chance % should be? Should be calculated from NPC's EMP stat? Some thughs are just total nuts who'd love to see people suffering even if they got what they wanted while others just loot your presumably dead/critically wounded body and walk away.

...Does CDP RED read this particular topic by any chance?

Last edited:
Suhiira;n8218720 said:
I'd say it should be a small chance ... say your LUCK stat on D100?

Mmmm...I dunno. That's a bit too simple for me. I'd like to see a value based on Faction, Rep, Special Ability level, how badly hurt you are, if you move or not...

The problem with cover systems is that you are near a crate/wall you are stuck to it like a magnet, secondly you have useless crates/walls/objects lying around everywhere unrealistically that really ruins the aesthetic of the world. It makes it look like a game world instead of an actual world. I want the world to be look like the RPG setting, not have objects obviously thrown everywhere specifically to hide behind. On a side note, I really want a good sneak/stealth system. Hiding in shadows (old thief games) for lowtech work and a lot of stealth gear for high tech work.

Don't know what skills are available in CP2020... but maybe you could also add something like your characters skill in "Play dead" or "Deceive" (or something), to that equation. A skill which you would be able to increase if you wanted to.

It also makes me think though that on some factions/npc's this would not matter much... because they would be more likely to actually make sure your dead, via a double tap to your head if possible.

But having such a mechanic, the opponents stop fighting and/or walk away if they think your dead... also makes me feel that maybe they should try to loot your gear as well. Now, of course... some faction's would never do that, because it's beneath them and they probably have better gear then you do anyway... but others would totally do that because they need the extra income that would earn them, stealing your stuff and selling it.

At such a point you have two options... let them, resulting in that X% of your stuff is gone once they have left... or wait for the oppertune moment to reveal that you where "just" playing possum (still heavily injured though), and try to atleast take out one dude who was unfortunate in being the one to try and loot you.

Last edited:
Azriel7;n8233420 said:
The problem with cover systems is that you are near a crate/wall you are stuck to it like a magnet, secondly you have useless crates/walls/objects lying around everywhere unrealistically that really ruins the aesthetic of the world. It makes it look like a game world instead of an actual world. I want the world to be look like the RPG setting, not have objects obviously thrown everywhere specifically to hide behind.
This is really a matter of how good a job the development team does.
It's up to them to include "realistic" amounts of cover (preferably destructible ... and NO ... oil drums and plastic crates aren't "cover" they're "concealment") and not make it blindingly obvious objects are on the map solely to provide cover like many games do.

Again this boils down to the emphasis the game has ... shooter or RPG.

Last edited:
KyleRowley;n8258680 said:

Whose ideas are the best and whose are the stupidest?

I KID, of course. But I am curious, is reading these sometimes even highly polarized opinions and ideas by a handful of enthusiasts that bother to post on this still half dead forum of any benefit or use, or is it just amusing to read and know whose dreams will get crushed and whose fulfilled? :p

Last edited:
Zagor-Te-Nay;n8259700 said:
Sooo...crouch button confirmed? Yes? No?
I'll take silence as Yes. :eek:

Not fair :p. Not that I can complain, I use that exact same trick when requesting stuff from coders ;).

kofeiiniturpa;n8266520 said:
Whose ideas are the best and whose are the stupidest?

I KID, of course. But I am curious, is reading these sometimes even highly polarized opinions and ideas by a handful of enthusiasts that bother to post on this still half dead forum of any benefit or use, or is it just amusing to read and know whose dreams will get crushed and whose fulfilled? :p

Of course we value your opinions on a multitude of different topics; it's why these forums exist :). For sure, I have loads of opinions myself on pretty much all the topics in this forum and I'd like to talk about them, but for obvious reasons, I can't yet :D.

Anyhow, people should keep discussing different elements because when I have the time, I -- and I'm sure it's the same for the rest of the team -- like to read what you guys think; even on topics which don't directly relate to Cyberpunk 2077.

KyleRowley;n8268930 said:
Of course we value your opinions on a multitude of different topics; it's why these forums exist . For sure, I have loads of opinions myself on pretty much all the topics in this forum and I'd like to talk about them, but for obvious reasons, I can't yet .
I guess we all will have a lot of chat after the game is released on multitude of subjects.

Get back on topic or everyone is banned. Especially you, Rowley! Troublemaking Reds! Where is my shockrod?!

Again, I have been assured - and now everyone else has, again - that REDs read these forums. It's in the FAQ! I think.

Unless they are lying to manipulate us into obedience and good behaviour. That'd be pretty Cyberpunk, actually.

Sardukhar;n8272260 said:
Where is my shockrod?!
The Fedaykin stole it, started chanting something about spice and a Mua'd Dib....

Seriously though. It's nice to know the Devs actually peruse these forums. Especially early in development

Corewolf;n8283490 said:
The Fedaykin stole it, started chanting something about spice and a Mua'd Dib....

Seriously though. It's nice to know the Devs actually peruse these forums. Especially early in development

"advanced stages"! "Advanced stages"!

Top Bottom