Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zagor-Te-Nay;n7463910 said:
That's crazy. Can't be that many

it's true although its hard to say the exact number right now they grow fast

here a quote from John Mamais (Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED Cracow)

The Witcher 3 was done with only a fraction of the team we’re building to make Cyberpunk a reality. We’re growing like crazy.
As the team continues to grow, the studio needs to keep up. In 2013 CD PROJEKT RED studio space totaled around 1100 square meters. Today we occupy over 6500 square meters split between three cities situated on two continents.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n7463910 said:
That's crazy. Can't be that many, is that also Gwent included?

That number includes whole studio. so gwent team is included (around 60-70 people last i've heard). They have 4 teams, biggest one is Cyberpunk. Sometimes it is hard to say what the numbers are exactly cos sometimes they include Gog in estimations (this number does not include gog) Gog should be around 100 people. Last year when they have announced strategy for upcoming years they said they want their studio to have 800 if not more developers by the end 2021. (that number could include gog) So yea they are growing fast, Expect about 100 people a year (they've even built their own internal recruitment team consisting of 6 people to help with recruitment)

I'm guessing the need for a studio of that size is reasonable considering the fact that CDPR intends to release another AAA RPG until 2021 .

Guys what are the chances that this game will be released in 2019+?
i mean will they have enough time to release another AAA rpg by 2021 as the schedule says?

Tarathelion;n7464280 said:
That number includes whole studio. so gwent team is included (around 60-70 people last i've heard). They have 4 teams, biggest one is Cyberpunk. Sometimes it is hard to say what the numbers are exactly cos sometimes they include Gog in estimations (this number does not include gog) Gog should be around 100 people. Last year when they have announced strategy for upcoming years they said they want their studio to have 800 if not more developers by the end 2021. (that number could include gog) So yea they are growing fast, Expect about 100 people a year (they've even built their own internal recruitment team consisting of 6 people to help with recruitment)

Hopefully, good chunk of that goes into rpg and gameplay mechanics. If they're serious on taking it to the "next level", that's pretty damn clear direction for CDPR...dozen more quest lines like Baron would add little.
And I'd say open world games are already pass the point, where they need to start scaling back in size and focus on more interaction, stronger quality content/minimize filler, more complex ( and refined) gameplay mechanics. Or we could see these kind of massive projects turning into disaster and shutting down studios.
Larger version of Spector's "the perfect block":

http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read...pector-talks-about-his-ideal-game-idea/099130
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1700/all_for_games_an_interview_with_.php?print=1
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/31/will-we-ever-get-to-play-one-city-block/

CDPR+Specter/Arkane devs+Obsidian: what a game that would turn out to be.

samoilaaa;n7467840 said:
Guys what are the chances that this game will be released in 2019+?

At this point I wouldn't be at all surprise anymore if the game was actually set to be released in 2020 as per the PnP title.

kofeiiniturpa;n7468990 said:
At this point I wouldn't be at all surprise anymore if the game was actually set to be released in 2020 as per the PnP title.

I would say 2020 is a bit far away but who knows honestly i got no idea how far the development is right now they hit full production after the release of the witcher 3 before that they did lots of testing and then many of the CP team had to work on finishing the Witcher before the release and now they are hiring like crazy also getting that money from the government for new technology which they could use for CP

Got a guess how many % the game is finished?

Gah... the page claimed it did not post my reply... so I edited it and posted that... so yeah... edited this to remove the "old version"... se below for the real one... XD

Last edited:
I have a feeling that CDPR are intending to go over to a two different game development system, like so many other game companies are doing. Where roughly every other two, or three, or so, years they release another game.

I am looking at companies like Bioware and Bethesda here... where they release a Fantasy game, and then X years later they come out with a Sci-fi game, and then X years after that they release another Fantasy, and then another Sci-fi, etc, etc.

If this is CRPR's intention... to switch back and forth between two different game series like this (or maybe genre)... then I actually think this would sort of fit in with the idea of that they are intending to release two AAA games in the time from now untill 2021.

That way CP2077 would maybe come out in 1919, and this other unknown AAA game would come out in 2021... and then maybe a CP2077 2 would maybe come out in 2023, and a nr2 of the other AAA game would come out in 2025, etc. That would give each game roughly 4 years of development time, not counting what ever time they might have spent on preproduction already befor that.

Alternaticly they might go for a 3 years between each game instead... which would give each game 6 years of development time (again, possibly not counting the preproduction of the game)... compleatly depends on how long they wish to spend on making a game befor releasing it.

Found this on the Gwent page on GoG galaxy on a news post fromm 7 months ago. Thats one cyber lookin' bar.

Last edited:
kanonite;n7483690 said:
Found this on the Gwent page on GoG galaxy on a news post fromm 7 months ago. Thats one cyber lookin' bar.
It also has someone dressed up as Iorveth, who CDPR apparently forgot exists. This might be an artist portrayal of their graveyard.

i suppose "vg" means videogame, Cyberpunk vg is the game i dreamt of ever since i knew the word "Cyberpunk" the name of all those things i liked in the society/city i'd like to be in
and i think we all want it to be fantastic, i'm sure cdprojekt will create a great quality game, we just have to be patient, they know that the world is hyped about this game and waiting for it
red devs=good quality
i'm a bit worried about color grading... it must look cyberpunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom