Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrison72;n7604850 said:
Wow. SC may be in development hell, or CDPR is paying them well to come over. They also nabbed a former Division dev. http://www.maxpears.com/

Devs change jobs all the time, looking for new places to live, projects etc, so it may not even be related to Star Citizen.. But yeah, great that they are recruiting some experienced devs for CP2077, given that Warsaw is not that interesting place to live like some other places, including language barrier, so its not easy task for CDPR im pretty sure.

I especially like this city shot from the Elite: Dangerous guy.

If there was one artist I would love to see paint their verison of Cyberpunk, it I would be Simon Stålenhag. A lot of his stuff does read as "Swedish" to me... especially the ones who are supposed to be Sweden. But I guess his style, and the type of sci-fi he paints, is not compleatly fitting for Cyberpunk.

But... it could be cool to see what he could do with it. It would be especially cool for me to get to see a Cyberpunk world through the lens of Swedish style, form, architecture, etc. I do have a feeling that a Cyberpunk city would look somewhat different in Sweden compared to other places.

Of course... CP2077 is not going to take place in a place like Sweden... but it would still be cool to see.

im losing my mind im actulay losing my mind i need some news about this game a new trailer or something pls CDPR i feel so bad everyday please I BEG you show something

samoilaaa;n7625540 said:
im losing my mind im actulay losing my mind i need some news about this game a new trailer or something pls CDPR i feel so bad everyday please I BEG you show something

i was loosing my mind wehn i saw the teaser trailer, and knew a cp game was in development and come out someday, but patience, play other games, there are very good ones out there
and save money to get a powerful pc to run the game at max ;)

cyberpunkforever;n7629230 said:
i was loosing my mind wehn i saw the teaser trailer, and knew a cp game was in development and come out someday, but patience, play other games, there are very good ones out there
and save money to get a powerful pc to run the game at max ;)

i know this might sound stupid but after ive played witcher 3 other games seem so boring and lifeless
horizon zero down will come in a month maybe that one will keep me busy for a while
For me witcher 3 was the perfect game it had everything i wanted good graphics good story good gameplay amazing beautiful world
im actualy saving money for a pc and i hope that i will save enough till the game releases
everyday i open my pc i hope that i will find some new interesting stuff about CP2077 but i dont and im sad :facepalm:

It is slightly worrying that we haven't heard a peep about '77, but I'm sure CDPR have their reasons. They haven't done any wrong yet, and I doubt they'd start now.

What's more worrying to me is the amount of jobs they have posted... I don't know whether or not this was the case with Wild Hunt as well, however. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Hart95;n7632070 said:
It is slightly worrying that we haven't heard a peep about '77, but I'm sure CDPR have their reasons. They haven't done any wrong yet, and I doubt they'd start now.

What's more worrying to me is the amount of jobs they have posted... I don't know whether or not this was the case with Wild Hunt as well, however. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I think that CDPR is writing the story as of now, they just have to implement those ideas from the story and put it into the game. That's my guess anyways.

I think the main story for the most part is complete. They would have started working on the story with Mike's input since 2013. I believe they would have also covered some of the major sidequests, and character specific arcs.

Since Witcher's 3 release in 2015, I would imagine a lot of the minor quests, side activities, general plan of stats/upgrades and progression would be mapped out.

World building would have started sometime in 2015, along with a number of gameplay prototypes.

I would think they still have a ways to go, but are also quite a long ways into the project, probably more than we think.

the longer the wait, the more i know its going to be great. its barely been 2 years in development. we need another 2 years minimum. i say fall 2019 earliest.

reidyboy102998;n7632620 said:
I think that CDPR is writing the story as of now, they just have to implement those ideas from the story and put it into the game. That's my guess anyways.

Sken;n7633270 said:
I think the main story for the most part is complete. They would have started working on the story with Mike's input since 2013. I believe they would have also covered some of the major sidequests, and character specific arcs.

Since Witcher's 3 release in 2015, I would imagine a lot of the minor quests, side activities, general plan of stats/upgrades and progression would be mapped out.

World building would have started sometime in 2015, along with a number of gameplay prototypes.

I would think they still have a ways to go, but are also quite a long ways into the project, probably more than we think.

animalfather;n7635620 said:
the longer the wait, the more i know its going to be great. its barely been 2 years in development. we need another 2 years minimum. i say fall 2019 earliest.

I believe that a 2018 release date would not be too far-fetched. Late 2018.

As for this year, I'm expecting trailers and possibly some gameplay.

Sken;n7633270 said:

For comparison, Witcher 3's story was mostly written already by mid-2013, some stuff was cut or changed until release, but the basic structure of the main quest line was already there.

animalfather;n7635620 said:

As far as I know, pre-production of CP2077 started around 2013, and the game has been in full development since the release of Wild Hunt. If it takes a similar amount of time, then 2018 is realistic, maybe early 2018 as the initial plan, and possibly delayed into late 2018. With some luck, some of the game could be shown later this year (E3?).

Hart95;n7632070 said:

I am pretty certain this more comes down to the fact that CDPR has said that they do intend to build out the company, make it bigger with more employees. A few months ago... or maybe even a year ago (I sort of forget, time tends to blend together for me XD )... CDPR did say that they had more people working on CP2077 then they ever had on even Witcher 3 and it's DLC's. Also, they have stated that they are going to try and make a second AAA game next to CP2077, a game which apperantly should come out the latest in 2021 I think it was.

So yeah... this is more about CDPR seeming to going to start making more games then they used to (from 1 AAA game every roughly 5 years, to what I would asume will be 1 AAA game every 2-3 years... like how companies like Bioware and Bethesda does it now with going back and forth between fantasy games and sci-fi games).

sv3672;n7638280 said:
As far as I know, pre-production of CP2077 started around 2013, and the game has been in full development since the release of Wild Hunt. If it takes a similar amount of time, then 2018 is realistic, maybe early 2018 as the initial plan, and possibly delayed into late 2018. With some luck, some of the game could be shown later this year (E3?).

You have to look at the development time of CDPR's previous games... and that has been that every ~4 years a new Witcher game has come out (2007, 2011 and 2015). So with that as a background I don't think that we will see CP2077 untill 2019 at the earliest.

One thing which a lot of people seem to not know, or understand, is that the development of these games, atleast games made by the bigger gaming companies (like for example CDPR), starts long befor they have finished making their previous/current game. This is due to the fact that if they did not do it that way, then a pretty big portion of their employees would be sitting around not having anything to do at all, which would mean they would have to fire people. But... to make sure they don't have to fire people, make sure they have something to do every day at work, make sure the company does not waste a lot of money in trying to hire new people every few years due to something like this... they start developing new games roughly around the time where people working on the early portions of games are getting finished with their part of the previous/current game. So the development time that most people see is "Oh there where 4 years between all of their games... that must mean that it takes them 4 years to make games."... but the truth is, as I said, they started making the game befor then, and as such the true development time for a game which seems to have a 4 year development cycle, is probably closer to 5-7 years. I would not be surpriced if CDPR started working on The Witcher 3 as far back as 2009-2010, so a year or two befor Witcher 2 even had come out.

And as such I do asume that this is also very much so the case here with The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 development. Which means that 2018 is probably a bit to optimistic to belive would be the release year, since that would only be 3 years rather then their standard ~4 years between games.

You have to remember that CDPR has not made a sci-fi game befor, they have spent the last 10-15+ years in making only fantasy games with the Witcher. Which means they have to deal with a lot of things they did not have to previously, and such things can take time. They have, or are, also improving the game engine that they have so that it would be better suited for sci-fi gamers. CP2077 is apperantly also going to be a lot bigger then even Witcher 3 was, and that takes time to do. And yeah, sure that could maybe be compensated with the fact that CDPR is hiring a lot of new developers to their company... but a lot of those people, and a lot of the people who has been part of CDPR since befor this, will not be working on CP2077, they will rather be working on this other AAA game that CDPR is going to make. This other game has probably been in pre-production since about 2015 I would guess... since that is when the Witcher 3 came out, and that is probably when CP2077 came out of pre-production and started to get more and more people added to it's actual early development stuff, which means that the pre-production people would be slowly starting to move away from CP2077 and going over to their next project.

So as I mentioned befor... due to all this, I would asume that they will again have at the very least 4 years between their previous game (Witcher 3) and CP2077. But due to a lot of circumstances I would not be surpriced if they need to put in a little bit more work on the game (since they have never made a sci-fi game befor), so I would potentually add another year to that. Which then puts CP2077's relese somewhere around 2019-2020.

My guess for 2018 is that this will at best probably be the year where we might actually start to get some actual, proper, information about CP2077.

Calistarius;n7639220 said:
You have to look at the development time of CDPR's previous games... and that has been that every ~4 years a new Witcher game has come out (2007, 2011 and 2015). So with that as a background I don't think that we will see CP2077 untill 2019 at the earliest.

but for both sequels they basically made a new engine. taking the first red engine open world was probably a major undertaking. now they have a really solid base that they "only" need to expand on, so they can start prototyping and implementing stuff much earlier in a more final environment. I'm not sure how much actual time this translates into, maybe not a year, but I think it's definitely measurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom