Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
WalteriusMaximus;n7710910 said:
Absolutely horrible game, this standalone Gwent! I love the in-game Gwent, but this is such a far departure from the original game, it may as well not be Gwent at all.

I think of it as more a 2nd Edition personally. Rules get updated, they have to be lest there would be no point in a standalone Gwent if it and the in-game one are the same.

So do you think this is going to be more like android netrunner the card game, since it is based of the original cyberpunk 2020, or more like Deus Ex? Honestly i'm hoping for more of that punk that CDprojekt red said they wanted, but wouldn't mind a darker undertone like in deus ex.

Firesquirrel66;n7725210 said:
So do you think this is going to be more like android netrunner the card game, since it is based of the original cyberpunk 2020, or more like Deus Ex? Honestly i'm hoping for more of that punk that CDprojekt red said they wanted, but wouldn't mind a darker undertone like in deus ex.

Well they did say they were not afraid of handling serious topics, like domestic abuse in the Bloody Baron questline.

So Im thinking it might be somewhere inbetween Deus Ex and Watch Dogs 2 in terms of seriousness and style. Though I am wondering how their gonna go about this considering that Cyberpunk's timeline is very much not ours http://cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_(CP2020)

Last edited:
Given that the teaser-trailer/employment opportunity CGI delt with cyberpsychosis, mass murder, and legally sanctioned police executions (remember the girl in the trailer was essentially motionless throughout yet the cops were unloading on her) I don't think anyone has to fear CP2077 will be a light 'n fluffy politically correct game.

Last edited:
i wonder if this game releases in 2019-2020 when will they have the time to make the other AAA rpg by the end of 2021 that they said?

samoilaaa;n7781110 said:
i wonder if this game releases in 2019-2020 when will they have the time to make the other AAA rpg by the end of 2021 that they said?

Perhaps it was an overly optimistic plan, but if CP2077 does release in 2018 (3.5 years after TW3 is not unrealistic), then it may still be possible. They do have a second studio now, and are continuously expanding, which could allow for developing two games at the same time.

Say what you will but I'm still sticking to my idea of a late 2017 - early 2018 release with the first gameplay trailers shown at E3. More likely would be to add one year on those estimations but I choose to remain hopeful.

On the other news (not really related to this particular thread)... Well, actually, I'll go post it to "news and speculation"...

Not sure how reliable this source is but it seems CD Projekt is doing REALLY well financially. But on the other hand it has already felt like CDPR is really putting on a lot of effort (and money and manpower) into CP2077.

It remains to be seen what (when combined to what Witcher 3 was) all this effort will result to.

I'm also looking forward to the financial notes CD Projekt is releasing on March 30th. Maybe they'll update their roadmap from what it was last year?

I hope they won't overdo things.

The more they spend on CP2077, the more sales they need; the more sales they need, the wider audience they need; the wider audience they need, the more streamlining they need; the more streamlining they need... you get the picture.

Meccanical;n7784080 said:
They got this successful by not doing what other companies were doing.

I don't think that really holds very true.

If they lose that, there will be some major fallout.

That I do agree with. Though, losing their touch is what I would call it. As history has shown, it's easy to get carried away after a major success if the attitude or inclination of catering comes down to this:

Last edited:
The Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer has almost 10 million views. Wonder if CDPR will celebrate with a news update (hopefully, since that's a milestone right there.)

Or maybe some sort of new information at E3 2017? We can dream, yes? Also, hopefully development is coming along for CP 2077 (engine, story, etc).

Last edited:
Meccanical;n7784080 said:
They got this successful by not doing what other companies were doing.

If they lose that, there will be some major fallout.

Sadly too many game developers end up being swept away by the mainstream current of AAA gaming following success. Bioware for example used to be a really great developer and they showed a lot of promise. Look at them now...bending to the whims and fancies of teenage gamers demanding frivolous romance and political correctness in their games above all else. And EA looking over their shoulder, funneling all their efforts into a plastic industry-shaped mold.
It is going to demand a lot of focus and integrity for CDPR not to be seduced by big corporates waving their checkbooks in front of their faces...

Last edited:
samoilaaa;n7781110 said:
sv3672;n7783070 said:
Perhaps it was an overly optimistic plan, but if CP2077 does release in 2018 (3.5 years after TW3 is not unrealistic), then it may still be possible. They do have a second studio now, and are continuously expanding, which could allow for developing two games at the same time.

All the people that CDPR has hired during the last year or two has not been just for CP2077. I would asume that some, or a lot, of them might have been hired to work on this other game as well.

Also... it's not like every type of game dev will be working on a game at the same time. Some people will only work on the game at the start, others at the middle, and another set of people at the end. Few people are needed from the first day all the way until the last day when the game is done. So when these people have finished doing what they need to do with for example CP2077, then they will move on to working on the other game. This could essentually mean that the bigger gaming companies could theoretically work on something like 2-4 different games at the same time, but that these games are all at different points along the development cycle.

This is why I think CDPR might be trying to increase how many games they release... from one game every ~4 years, to maybe one game every 2 or 3 years.

Because one of the big problems that the gaming industry (especialy amongst the big companies) has had over the last 2-2.5 decades is that a lot of people essentually get's fired after a game is done (or maybe even fired during it)... because for a long time a lot of people would not be needed for the next game until maybe 2-3 years later. Then a few companies during... I don't know... late 90's to early or mid 00's or something... started to try and counteract that by starting to work on more then one game at a time... and instead just shift these people, who where not needed on Game 1 anymore, over to Game 2, etc. Not sure how much of this CDPR has been needing to do over the years though, they might have been better with it then other companies, I don't know.

This is how CDPR would be able to make two triple A games at the same time, and be done with them around roughly the time they have said they should be. The games will still have the same kind of development length, be it something like 4-6+ years, but by tetris'ing it all together they can eliminate as many of the holes in available work for most of their employees, so they do not have to fire people every 2 or so years. Trying to hire people is not something that is free either in general, it costs time and money to go through that process of trying to attract and hire people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom