Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already time for cyberpunk 2077 to appear ..... they promised until 2016, so we're talking about tw3, now they're free for the new game.

cara2100;n8104970 said:
It's already time for cyberpunk 2077 to appear ..... they promised until 2016, so we're talking about tw3, now they're free for the new game.

They're working on it.
You don't make decent games overnight after all.

Calistarius;n8066870 said:
If your saying that EA forced Bioware to start making the main protagonist in their games be fixed characters... then that is totally wrong. Bioware has been making games with fixed protagonists since befor EA started to sniff around looking to buy them.

What? Not saying anything of the sort. I was talking about them trying to evolve their games mechanics with out changing the core of what made the games good. and since EA got them the core stuff had been diluted to nothing.

Some mildly interesting yet completely inconsequential information.

Salutations, it is day 128,439,819 of the Cyberpunk 2077 info drought(probably), therefore here is your monthly not really info thread about some random crap a guy who was bored found.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/capital-group/eu-projects/

As you know, a while back CDPR applied for some grants for various technologies through the GameINN Program. The above link gives a bit more detail about what exactly those grants entail as far as personnel goes. It gives context to some of the job applications we see on the main web page, at least now you kind of know what they are needed for.

It should be noted that although these documents officially state these R&D projects "commenced" this month, some of the jobs outlined in the pdfs have been taken and the folks hired for them have been actively working since last year.

Another random anecdote, on the Linkedin page of Stan Just, former producer turned R&D Manager for CDPR, he specifically states in his job description that the "GameINN Sector Programme for "REDengine 4". Take it as you will, or don't. It's not really that important.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stan-just-04b60519/

And with that I leave you to your thoughts.

The most interesting piece of info there is the fact that this projects have realization period set for 1.2016- 06. 2019. Is that an indication for release date? If so that is disappointing.

I'm almost certain that they moved away from a long advertising campaign strategy to a short one -6 months- ish-, but with huge ammounts of money -it's kind of hinted in a recent Polish interview- so being incredibly optimistic, I would not hope to see anything until next year. at the most.

It has been hinted at since a few years ago that they would do that... with them more or less saying that they liked how Bethesda rolled out Fallout 4.

Source
"We're impressed with Fallout 4's rollout. They came on stage and said 'It's here, it's real, and it's coming out on this date.' We're going to do something similar. We're going to wait [to reveal the game] until we can show off a very meaningful piece of it."

This could potentually mean that we will not hear anything about this game at all untill maybe as late as 2019... maybe even 2020 if they need a year or so more then their normal development time.

Tarathelion;n8118280 said:
The most interesting piece of info there is the fact that this projects have realization period set for 1.2016- 06. 2019. Is that an indication for release date? If so that is disappointing.
Not disapointing... more exactly in line with roughly their normal development time.

A lot of people are staring them selves blind on the fact that CDPR announced this game back in 2012-2013... which was actually abnormally early for their normal "announcements to release"-window. Normally we would not have heard anything about this game untill... well this year... 2017 would have been the first year we might have goten to hear anything about the game at all if they had followed what they usually did with most of the Witcher games.

But with them liking how Bethesda did things with the Fallout 4 announcement and relese... we might not get the actual final announcement of the full game and relase untill next year the earliers.

What I wouldn't give for a CDPR space exploration rpg, each sidequest it's own self contained story.

Feels like Bioware is wasting opportunity with Mass Effect and let's shoot evil aliens ( or our own people) direction.

On fantasy part, the whole industry needs to go let go of Tolkien for a while. Take a risk and invent something different of your own, new IP's are needed more than ever.

Tarathelion;n8118280 said:

That seems logical. They're doing a lot of systems they've never done previously, even a year of delay is better for more polished product.
Take a look at Andromeda: 5 years in the making and still rushed too early.

From what I've read, Bethesda will be changing their announcement strategies. No more long periods of nothing and all of a sudden: BAM! Here comes my... game! lol To be honest, I never liked that much.

Astralify;n8130580 said:
From what I've read, Bethesda will be changing their announcement strategies. No more long periods of nothing and all of a sudden: BAM! Here comes my... game!
where did you hear that? in the last video I saw with Todd he said they were proud of the way they released fallout 4.

After Mass Effect Andromedia fiasco im pretty sure they wont rush any marketing footage. Not worth for them at all, too risky, 0 benefits. They should work in peace without outside/gaming community pressure, in long run it is better for Cyberpunk 2077 quality even.

Sneky;n8136460 said:
After Mass Effect Andromedia fiasco im pretty sure they wont rush any marketing footage. Not worth for them at all, too risky, 0 benefits. They should work in peace without outside/gaming community pressure, in long run it is better for Cyberpunk 2077 quality even.
mass effect footage wasn't exactly rushed. the game was delayed and they barely showed anything until not too long ago. and the real complaining only started when people actually got their hands on it. they have problems with the game itself, not the marketing. so the whole situation hopefully won't apply to cyberpunk.

It's a shame to see this game so far away, but I'm so hyped for it. I don't mind waiting for excellent games and I can tell this will be.

samoilaaa;n8076060 said:
yeah i realy hope cp2077 will look better than that

the art is the only thing im worried about regarding this game. it looked too clean, too much like mass effect instead of looking dirty and punk.

CDPR, Government Grants,Possible Release date and job opportunities

CD Projekt has posted more details about the projects, that will be partially funded by the Polish government.

The most important part seems to be the timeline for all 4 projects (that is seamless multiplayer, cinematic feel, animation excellence and city creation) - they will run from 01/2016 and 01/2017 until 06/2019. It's important to note, that the funded projects should be released by that date, but CDPR can apply to have those deadlines extended.

All of the projects will be included in RedEngine 4, the next iteration of the RedEngine.

CDPR is now looking for the following contractors to help deliver all 4 projects:

For the Seamless Multiplayer:

- DevOps Lead
- Technical QA Coordinator
- Producer
- Network Programmer
- Network Programmer
- Automated Tests Programmer
- Design Director
- Technical QA Analyst

For the Cinematic Feel:

- Cinematic Artist
- Gameplay Programmer