Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these positions, or even many they already have filled up. But yeah, i hope that we will get Cyberpunk sooner than 06/2019. Q3/Q4 2018 please?

Thanks!

But CDPR might well release CP2077 before their development on multiplayer and AI/city building projects is totally complete. It would make perfect sense to create basic systems and field test them in a game and use that feedback to refine the systems for a follow-up game. Say CP2077 part 2.

To expect them to fully develop such systems absent any feedback from a mass of players (or a HUGE QA department) is more then a little optimistic.

Some will of course say that getting less-then-perfect systems in CP2077 would be some sort of failure or deceit on CDPRs part ... but I think most of us can ignore the whining of entitled children (whatever their true age may be).

Last edited:
A thing to not about that, while "contractor" may make it seem like they are hiring outside people to fill those positions, it seems like they mainly just promoted existing staff to fill those roles,though some of those positions were filled by new hires.

Both Engine Technical Director and Lead Graphics Programmer have left the company?

This probably doesn't require a new topic and is a bit sensationalist but nonetheless makes me worried. CDPR always had problems with engine development (they barely made the streaming working before the launch of TW3).
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-cichocki-8a6195130/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomasz-jonarski-83667a11/
Cichocki was pretty much the sole guy responsible for rendering in TW3. This would leave the company with no one with this sort of expertise. There is of course the possibility that they might still work as contractors (the EU grants?). I just sincerely hope that it's not the case of CDPR being a shitty employer again since they have a history of that. Proprietary engine development for such enormous games is an insane undertaking and problems in this regard can sink entire projects.

blblblblbl;n8170340 said:
This probably doesn't require a new topic and is a bit sensationalist but nonetheless makes me worried. CDPR always had problems with engine development (they barely made the streaming working before the launch of TW3).
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-cichocki-8a6195130/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomasz-jonarski-83667a11/
Cichocki was pretty much the sole guy responsible for rendering in TW3. This would leave the company with no one with this sort of expertise. There is of course the possibility that they might still work as contractors (the EU grants?). I just sincerely hope that it's not the case of CDPR being a shitty employer again since they have a history of that. Proprietary engine development for such enormous games is an insane undertaking and problems in this regard can sink entire projects.

I did some research right now, and u are wrong that he was "solo" responsible for rendering.

Their Principal/Lead Graphics Programmer for Cyberpunk 2077 right now is Marcin Gollent since august 2016, so they already filled this position many many months ago. He left CDPR after Witcher 3 release for 9 months and they hired him in august again. Probably they were already aware that Cichocki will leave or something. Besides him there is two other Graphics Programmers working on Cyberpunk 2077. Marcin Gollent was working on RED Engine, rendering since the start for both Witcher 2 and Witcher 3.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcin-gollent-a75ba15/

They dont have open position for Engine Technical Director on their site, so probably he did his work and leave, and they dont need to fill his position again because reasons.

Stop panicking because there is absolutely 0 reason to panick. And they are working on Cyberpunk engine since 2012/2013 so it is not like they started after Witcher 3.

CDPR shitty employer again? Compared to whom ? And ur source is what? Glassdoor, ass or other internet anonymous sources? Even on Glassdoor they have pretty positive reviews and 3.9/5.0. And Glassdoor is shit site if u are looking for company reviews, without any internal verification and often written by workers who where kicked or something and they can anonymously get revenge.

People change jobs all the time in gaming industry from all over the world, nothing new.

Last edited:
Sneky;n8171320 said:
I did some research right now, and u are wrong that he was "solo" responsible for rendering.

Their Principal/Lead Graphics Programmer for Cyberpunk 2077 right now is Marcin Gollent since august 2016, so they already filled this position many many months ago. He left CDPR after Witcher 3 release for 9 months and they hired him in august again. Probably they were already aware that Cichocki will leave or something. Besides him there is two other Graphics Programmers working on Cyberpunk 2077. Marcin Gollent was working on RED Engine, rendering since the start for both Witcher 2 and Witcher 3.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcin-gollent-a75ba15/

They dont have open position for Engine Technical Director on their site, so probably he did his work and leave, and they dont need to fill his position again because reasons.

Stop panicking because there is absolutely 0 reason to panick. And they are working on Cyberpunk engine since 2012/2013 so it is not like they started after Witcher 3.

CDPR shitty employer again? Compared to whom ? And ur source is what? Glassdoor, ass or other internet anonymous sources? Even on Glassdoor they have pretty positive reviews and 3.9/5.0. And Glassdoor is shit site if u are looking for company reviews, without any internal verification and often employers who where kicked or something and they can anonymously get revenge.

People change jobs all the time in gaming industry from all over the world, nothing new.

I don't think there's a reason to panic but I doubt that would be a good situation. The "solo" part was taken straight from his profile where he describes his work in the "projects" tab. My point is that according to Linkedin they don't have enough senior staff in this department compared to other companies even with smaller projects than this. Principal does not mean Lead, Gollent is surely a fantastic programmer but he seems very specialized. Creating a rendering architecture from the ground up is a massive task and requires years of experience. The proper engine work for CP started in 2015, the new APIs require a lot of effort so surely most of the low-level stuff must have been rewritten.
I don't claim that CDPR is a shitty employer, I claim that at a point in time in some aspects they definitely were. There have so many "former employees" that they're basically a start-up incubator for the Polish gamedev scene. I don't want them to become the second Bioware (so much employee rotation that bareely nothing of the past is left) or Bethesda (seen Fallout 4 engine lately?) and that's why I'm worried. Hope they're worried too. Glassdoor means nothing, it doesn't provide the big picture.

blblblblbl;n8171590 said:
I don't think there's a reason to panic but I doubt that would be a good situation. The "solo" part was taken straight from his profile where he describes his work in the "projects" tab. My point is that according to Linkedin they don't have enough senior staff in this department compared to other companies even with smaller projects than this. Principal does not mean Lead, Gollent is surely a fantastic programmer but he seems very specialized. Creating a rendering architecture from the ground up is a massive task and requires years of experience. The proper engine work for CP started in 2015, the new APIs require a lot of effort so surely most of the low-level stuff must have been rewritten.
I don't claim that CDPR is a shitty employer, I claim that at a point in time in some aspects they definitely were. There have so many "former employees" that they're basically a start-up incubator for the Polish gamedev scene. I don't want them to become the second Bioware (so much employee rotation that bareely nothing of the past is left) or Bethesda (seen Fallout 4 engine lately?) and that's why I'm worried. Hope they're worried too. Glassdoor means nothing, it doesn't provide the big picture.

Lot of speculation, but I agree they should not be "bleeding" any experienced personnel, not in this, critical, stage as developer. Though this is fairly common for the whole industry... I think Blizzard is one of rare exceptions( who really have managed to create their own type of hyper enthusiastic, crazy geek "culture").

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...the_witcher_3/

"I believe, that in case of Cyberpunk, CD Projekt can fight not only for prestigious awards and accolades, but also for a huge commercial success. It's hard to achieve both of those in our industry, but it's perfectly doable, as shown by Rockstar and, in the past, Blizzard."
Implying Rockstar's games are literal perfection.
"t's also much more popular, massive as you can tell by its presence in the films, books, comics and games. You have to remember, that fantasy is a much more niche topic."
Parallel dimensions exist!

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n8174170 said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...the_witcher_3/

"I believe, that in case of Cyberpunk, CD Projekt can fight not only for prestigious awards and accolades, but also for a huge commercial success. It's hard to achieve both of those in our industry, but it's perfectly doable, as shown by Rockstar and, in the past, Blizzard."
Implying Rockstar's games are literal perfection.

No such thing was implied. Except by you, ironically.

yep, they said this year will focus on gwent in terms of communication which mean its unlikely we will get any news regarding CP 2077.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom