Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i love how even the mods of cyberpunk and witcher forums are different. thematic... sry was just passing by from another dimension. you guys have dragons too?

Ruthless95;n8382100 said:
i love how even the mods of cyberpunk and witcher forums are different. thematic... sry was just passing by from another dimension. you guys have dragons too?

We don't need dragons when we have something way cooler: flying cars.

Ruthless95;n8382100 said:

Yes.

so the wuestion is: can such a thing as dragon slayer exist (remote system hacking, mini MOAB shouldr missles, having your own mecha and or this beauty etc') ?

tropit9;n8384970 said:
so the wuestion is: can such a thing as dragon slayer exist (remote system hacking, mini MOAB shouldr missles, having your own mecha and or this beauty etc') ?

1, Yes; 2,ahahah on the Mitsubishi-Sikorsky Dragon, a missile, no ahahah ( also, really, MOAB? So topical. How would it be a bomb -and- a missile?); 3. There are mecha but no, a Dragon would splat them, Dragons are ridic; 4. what beauty?

Simple answer is there is no easy way to kill an in-flight, fully armed and protected Dragon. It's ridiculously armed armoured and equipped. Even has heavy ECM for missile attacks.

Sardukhar;n8386170 said:
Mitsubishi-Sikorsky Dragon

that beauty. by MOAB missile i meant a shoulder missle with some futeristic explosive that go massive boom relatively to small size. think semtex times 5 or heck, 10!

by ridic you mean riduculus or the pitch black dude?

ECM are for anti hack attack? also those it have some "hard" anti missile deffence system like in tanks (mini missiles, small steel balls projectiles like in advanced tanks)

i hope this beauty makes it into the game. i hope that at some point your character has enough money to have a fancy flynig car in the garage, and a dragon on the hellpad atop his penthouse suite.

and i hope this will be achievable not only if you are playing a corporate.

also i love this forum. i learn more about the lore of the game here than google.

Last edited:
I mean ridiculous, yeah. They have so much armour, rockets and missiles typically can't one or even two shot kill them. They are a flying tank. SP 80 and SDP 300.

ECM and ECCM for shutting down missiles and enemy vehicles in flight, chaff, flares, etc. Sooo hard to kill. Too expensive for regular deployment, range limited iirc, but holy crap when it comes over the horizon...

It's like a super-HIND.

"Special Equipment :
Ejection seats for crew, environmental control, fire extinguisher, chaff and flare dispensers, military radio with scram­bler, visual rangefinder, auto-pilot and navigation system, ECM, ECCM, image enhancement, laser detector, microwave detector, military radar with terrain-following, military radar detector, tele-optics and thermograph.

Weaponry :
Two turret-mounted stabilized 12,7mm Miniguns (with extra magazine apiece), weapon wings for another 12 spaces of pod weapons."

12 spaces! Ahaahahah! Plus it carries 30!!!! passengers! All armed.

Costs like 9 million euro though. Weighs 12 tonnes. Yeah.

Most modern attack helicopters (Cobra, Hind, Apache, etc.) are designed to be able to take a few hits because it's going to happen. Cyberpunk merely takes it a step or two further.

The Soviet/Russian Hind is widely regarded as "The Flying Tank" for a reason. And very little single person can carry will significantly hurt one assuming you even manage to hit it in the first place.

As to it's weaponry ... lots and it has the significant advantage in that it's flying ... it's much harder to hide behind anything when something is shooting at you from above.

More powerful explosives in 2077? Ummmm ... no ... physics is physics. If you want science fantasy then sure, but CP2020 is science fiction ... i.e. based in reality not fantasy.

Last edited:
tropit9;n8387930 said:
so unless you are flying one yourself, you probably can't handle somthing like that. maybe escape. maybe.
Pretty much.

As to escaping it ... depends on it's sensors (normal vision, infra-red, thermal imaging, radar. etc.) and a bit of luck.
Your best bet would be to lose yourself in a crowd or go underground.

Some new rumors have been posted on another forum, they do not sound good and suggest the release might be delayed, although no source has been provided so the information should be taken with a grain of salt.

sv3672;n8396890 said:
Some new rumors have been posted on another forum, they do not sound good and suggest the release might be delayed, although no source has been provided so the information should be taken with a grain of salt.

Delayed from what? There is no release date and never was, and it is also not a secret that they expanded Cyberpunk vision and ambition alot after Witcher 3 commercial success. From what we know after their conference testers already working on it and the development is in advanced stage, and they cant "lie" to their investors because law reasons.

They were probshocked a bit at Witcher's success and can't follow up with less ambitious title...one shot at this and this is about as good opportunity as they're going to get.
But I hope to god, this does not impact design of RPG systems and they remain as dedicated to same direction, as hinted in the past.
No matter how high it's quality, 2077 as another AAA open world title with few basic dialogue options, kill quests and basic progression perk system, would be ultimately... nothing we haven't really seen before.
CDPR really is the only developer out there with potential of combining depth in gameplay mechanics of more classical rpgs with modern AAA production values, in the same game/series. Hope they realize this.

a more interesting takeaway from that thread is this:
all those "everything we know about Cyberpunk 2077" threads can be now binned too. Things like "translation chips" have been described by the former Game Director and should now be forgotten, until we get evidence to the contrary.

of course nothing was set in stone to begin with, but if they really did scrap everything, then that's a whole new level of "not being set in stone"

lord_blex;n8397770 said:
a more interesting takeaway from that thread is this:

of course nothing was set in stone to begin with, but if they really did scrap everything, then that's a whole new level of "not being set in stone"

"Translations chips" was described by their Creative Director Sebastian Stępien, who is still their Creative Director and Narrative/Setting Director.

And Mateusz Kanik is Design Director so he is still directing all design things related with Michał Madej their other Design Director.

Adam Badowski right now is their Game Director on Cyberpunk (source is Adam Kiciński from conference). Adam Badowski is also Studio Head and he is working on Cyberpunk since the very very start. He was also for example Game Director on Witcher 2: Assasing of Kings and before that he was Art Director in studio.

I really dont like these "shocking news" like CDPR directing people left the Cyberpunk team or something, they are still there. Cosmetic changes.

Last edited:
Sneky;n8398340 said:
Adam Badowski right now is their Game Director on Cyberpunk (source is Adam Kiciński from conference). Adam Badowski is also Studio Head and he is working on Cyberpunk since the very very start. He was also for example Game Director on Witcher 2: Assasing of Kings and before that he was Art Director in studio.
This. When I read the director was changed in that post I thought "wait, Adam Badowski left last year?" Then I checked and nope. He didn't.

Look, sources! -
http://imgmr.com/pc-news/cd-projekt-...yberpunk-2077/ - 2013
During an interview with CD Projekt Red Managing Director Adam Badowski and Eurogamer, details of Cyberpunk 2077 were discussed.
http://cogconnected.com/2017/03/25-m...yberpunk-2077/ -2017
That said, CD Projekt Red Lead Director for Cyberpunk 2077 Adam Badowski claimed their next game shall be bigger and more “ambitious” than Witcher 3.
AND still on the board of directors
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/capital...-of-directors/

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that he is referring to Mateusz Kanik who is the "Game Director" of CP2077, the same role he served on TW3. It makes sense that he would move over to CP2077 once TW3 ended. Before TW3 he was lead gameplay designer on TW2 and has been working with CDPR since The Witcher. Basically, he's been working within the company for a long time ... so consider me skeptical of this "news." It's not like someone totally new came in. Yawn.

Last edited:
Fans are grasping at straws ... trouble is most have no real clue what they're seeing means so tend imagine the worst because "obviously" CDPR must be having problems since they're not hyping their game.

cdpr just gave a dividand to stock holders, which usualy signal stock holders "look at us, we are more than fine!"

but there cases which dividands serve as a smoke screen to mask troubles.

cdpr already faced severe financial trouble in the past, so they will probably won't do mistakes like going over budgest or somthing. they just waiting for the right momment to WOW us.

rockstar did not talk rdr2 until the announcement and they ar still quite about it. big hype still. so the cp77 like withcer 3 will be HUGE hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom