Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
sv3672;n8504630 said:
These seem to be mostly fantasy themed, perhaps a GWENT or Witcher related job? Also, both pages show Krakow as the location, is CP2077 being developed there, or in the Warsaw studio?

Both.

Krakow and Warsaw are jointly developing Cyberpunk.

No Title

Just stumbled upon this image today. Anyone know if it's real?

Attachments

• photo135720.jpg
    photo135720.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 70
Mebrilia;n8579290 said:
Is not real is an artwork someone made

Well of course its artwork someone made! Art don't make themselves. I think the question is more "Is this an official concept art or even gameplay assets".
Can you officially verify your statement that it is not real?

BjornTheBandit;n8583380 said:
You know that feeling when you KNOW someone is lying, but you can't prove it?
That.

Besides, you can't prove it IS real, either

Which is why I am not making statements about it being either legit or fake.

SeanieTheMan;n8579240 said:
Just stumbled upon this image today. Anyone know if it's real?

BjornTheBandit;n8583380 said:
You know that feeling when you KNOW someone is lying, but you can't prove it?
That.

Besides, you can't prove it IS real, either

WalteriusMaximus;n8583780 said:
Which is why I am not making statements about it being either legit or fake.

Consider the following:

1ª It's poorly made in the sense that it looks more like a cartoonish drawing than a in game graphics pic (take a look at Witcher 3 to see how the colors presented in the characters are more dark and realistic than this picture).

2ª There's a "Cyberpunk 2077" logo on the upper right corner, this implies it's a PR image, it won't be smart of CDPR to release a promotional image with such poor quality.

3ª The third consideration is that it was a "leaked" image, then again the fact that there's a logo in it descards this possibility.

Possible conclusion: It's fake.

There's another possibility that CDPR may be the one behind this image so they can see the fans' reactions. But a good counter argument to this would be that due to the poor quailty image, the reputation of the game would be at least a little bit damaged in the eyes of the general public. But the reputation wans't damaged since CDPR didn't take responsibility for the image, so they knew all along that because of not claiming the picture's ownership it wouldn't get the attention of the general public as much as the hardcore fans (this is exactly what happened).

Possible conclusion: CDPR is behind it all.

Last edited:
That image along with few others has been making rounds few weeks ago on reddit, its fan art basically. i think the author was on reddit

Tarathelion;n8585250 said:
That image along with few others has been making rounds few weeks ago on reddit, its fan art basically. i think the author was on reddit

I had heard the same, but couldn't remember where from so didn't want to open my big mouth and be wrong

To my recollection Zagor-Te-Nay said in some earlier thread those pics came up that they are a "courtesy" of some deviant artist... nighteyesomething or something something.

Besides, they look more fake than a plastic rolex from a streetvendor in middle-eastern tourist trap.

BjornTheBandit;n8585210 said:
That was the best way to say "I can neither confirm, nor deny" I've read hahaha

No. That's my way of saying "everything is telling us the picture is fake, except if CDPR has a crazy marketing scheme plan" the last part is also very unlikely.

kofeiiniturpa;n8585300 said:
more fake than a plastic rolex from a streetvendor in middle-eastern tourist trap.

what did he mean by this

From everything I can find about that image, it does compleatly seem to be fanmade. Even the person, who seems to be the first one to post it, says it is fanmade.

The seeming original reddit thread (which has been tagged with "Misleading Title").

The first image that the thread links to (posted on the 30th of March 2017 on imgur), which has been uploaded by someone with the same name as on Reddit (Geneticeye)... so probably the same person.

A quote from one of the comments that Geneticeye posted them selves:
"sorry guys, im new to reddit and didnt know where to tag it "fanart" hope you still found some joy"

In the same comment section Geneticeye posted a comment with a link to the male version of it (which was uploaded 4 days after the female one on imgur).

And then someone asked if there could be a cyber implant one, to which Geneticeye eventually posted a link to this image (which was posted 7 days after the male image one on imgur). The person who had asked about it thought it looked phenomanal, and Geneticeye replied with: "Glad you like it, i bet CDPR does it alot better :D"

So yeah... from everything that I can find about this (with the limited 5 minuts or so that I spent on it), it does seem to be compleatly fan made.

I have to say though... that if the game had that level of graphical quality, I would be prefectly fine with that. I have never really put all that much weight on that a game has to look perfect and as close to realistic as possible for it to be good or something. Yes, graphics can be importent, and is importent, for a visual media like games are... but to me the actual gameplay is like 10 times, or something, more importent then the graphics... XD

Last edited:
"The promotional campaign (for Cyberpunk 2077) is already planned. It's main element is the surprise, so I cannot even say when it will begin. Simply because it has to come as a surprise" - Marcin Kicinski, according to this forum post. So, they might be planning a short marketing campaign before release. Not sure if that is better for a "new" (at least as an AAA game) IP that is not very well known by the average gamer yet, after all, the way The Witcher 3 was marketed worked out well, despite some (now mostly forgotten) noise about the "downgrade".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom