Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
DarthRaver8686;n8846390 said:
That article saying they went to polish officals was by EUROgamer...they are near or in poland so they prolly in on it.

And knowing how copy-paste game journos can be with news, the lie becomes believable.

Like the others pointed out, this is the same company that faked a site shutdown just to make things fun. So even with them suggesting its not a ploy, we still do not know.

Oh, and there also this quote from that Escapist article about the fake shutdown.

And cause a debate, the stunt definitely did. Looking back, Rambourg says: "I do not think we would have changed the PR angle we took ... Do not get me wrong: no arrogance here! I simply would like to stress again that we are a company willing to take a creative approach in everything we do and modestly try to help the gaming industry not to get so boring and 'sterilized.'"

Last edited:
http://polter.pl/gry/Prokuratura-potwierdza-zawiadomienie-studia-RED-w80259

fast translation from google translate important part:

In order to finally clarify these doubts, we asked the spokesperson of the Warsaw-Praga District Prosecutor to confirm whether there is a proceeding in the case described by the Polish developer. On our question, as a spokesman for the spokesman, responded to the prosecutor Renata Mazur:
The Warsaw District Prosecutor's Office Warsaw Praga Północ has received a notification today of a crime against CD Projekt RED. Too early for any information.

If some still think it's fake, then yeah i have no words. :p

I highly doubt there'll be anything at E3 this weekend.

If all these conspiracy theories are true and the leaks were indeed intentional, then it was all more likely to get the game more relevant in the media.

I know "relevant" is a harsh word, but since Cyberpunk 2077 is a new IP in the market and considering how many years CDPR has been quiet about the game, it's safe to assume why the media doens't talk about the game that much anymore.

The good(?) thing is that from now on, and from time to time, we'll get a concept art/drawing of the game, it may be good 'cause the fans will have something to talk about and the media will too. THE GAME WILL BE ON THE SPOTLIGHT YAY.

The bad thing is if it was unintentional, then there's a chance for the world to see an actual early design of the game, in this situation the graphics may not be so good and it may hurt the reputation of the game.

people bringing up the GOG stunt forget that it wasn't exactly well received by the commuinity. there is no reason they would wanna try something like that again.

DarthRaver8686;n8846390 said:
That article saying they went to polish officals was by EUROgamer...they are near or in poland so they prolly in on it.

shh.. don't tell this anyone, but actually everyone here in europe is in on this, we are just messing with y'all americans.

lord_blex;n8846710 said:
people bringing up the GOG stunt forget that it wasn't exactly well received by the commuinity. there is no reason they would wanna try something like that again.

shh.. don't tell this anyone, but actually everyone here in europe is in on this, we are just messing with y'all americans.

There's no reason for them to REVEAL that they have done something like that again.

R.I.P animalfather inbox

Don't worry CDPR, I'll stop talking about the conspiracies in the forums :p

Last edited:
Conspirancy or not... it would be cute if CD project will make an official statement on the matter beside that post on twitter.... Sorry but people here i am waiting for year for a shred of news i

Donum-Dei;n8844940 said:
Oh God.

I've explained myself, there's really no need for this type of reply, i thought it would be really interesting if something like this happened, a little roleplay from them. Guess one cannot express any type of wishful/fantasy scenario without any ironic whiplash.

Last edited:
I really don't think that CDPR would need to pull a stunt like some are suggesting they might have done.

I mean... the only bit of thing CDPR would have to do to gain a huge amount of eyes on Cyberpunk 2077, would be to finally come out with an actual trailer or larger amounts of info about the game. Because all of the gaming news sites (and other sites to) would totally run that all over their sites with big bold letters... and considering the success of The Witcher series, that would be enough to get a huge amount of eyes and interest in CP2077.

CD Projekt Red's, and The Witcher's, name alone are powerful enough to stir up the hype for Cyberpunk 2077... and once CDPR does finally put out some real actual info, and/or an actual trailer for the game, then that stuff is going to be all over the internet in a matter of hours, or days at most.

VitaminDust;n8847780 said:
I've explained myself, there's really no need for this type of reply, i thought it would be really interesting if something like this happened, a little roleplay from them. Guess one cannot express any type of wishful/fantasy scenario without any ironic whiplash.

Oh VitaminDust come on, don't feel bad.
My expression wasn't directed as a "dis" against your post, but the idea if so happens. Needless to comment.
Even thought I admit it, it felt for me like... "come on really?"
Sorry if it felt that way for you in the wrong way.

Last edited:
Donum-Dei;n8848660 said:
Oh VitaminDust come on, don't feel bad.
My expression wasn't directed as a "dis" against your post, but the idea if so happens. Needless to comment.
Even thought I admit it, it felt for me like... "come on really?"
Sorry if it felt that way for you in the wrong way.

No hard feelings :sad:

We're all hungry for the same thing here, and i'm telling you, the lack of "it", brings people to the edge.

To be honest, i really don't want it to come this soon, i need to upgrade my PC, so a 2019-ish release would be perfect for me, and maybe for the game.

VitaminDust;n8848840 said:
To be honest, i really don't want it to come this soon, i need to upgrade my PC, so a 2019-ish release would be perfect for me, and maybe for the game.

Oh I fell you.
I have an Asus pc. And I really want to upgrade from what I have now to a Asus computer instead of a pc. I always had pc and still have had it, since I was in collage. But since, I have wanted to upgrade too.

what if they won't show it at e3 ?

then i think they'll show gwent instead ?!.. i mean come on !
i like gwent but i personaly feel like it's time to show cyberpunk , i'm waiting since 2012 , so don't call me impatient . and i know a lot of people will say don't rush them , its not ready yet but i just want to see the game , how it will look like , i don't want to play the game now . i'm saying that because i don't want to lose interest in this game . again this just a little rant , i love cd projekt red , i don't know anything about game development , i'm just say what i feel , and to people who will disagree with me in the comments feel free to do that , i won't read it anyway , this is just a message from a fan to CDPR . sorry if i was rude. thanks :)

Not rude at all...theres a handful of us other hopeful fans on here who think well get something...so well see. The clock is counting down...soo close lol

garayba;n8850910 said:
, i won't read it anyway )

This, alone, is a reason to close this thread.

These forums are for communications with fellow community members, not a CDPR recording machine. Merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom