Will Ciri be in game ? =)

+
Lisbeth_Salander;n8585450 said:
>not liking the best girl in the game

I didn't, no. I thought she and her predicament were overdramatized. Most of the time when she came up to the screen, I thought "Oh shit, this again?"

Not quite as annoying as Yennefer, I give you that.

That's not the reason why I oppose her appearance in CP2077, though.

animalfather;n8585590 said:
did u even read my OP?

Was referring to the video. That should've been clear from my post not having much to do with what you said under the link (or so I had thought). But I admit, I should've quoted the link for clarity.

BjornTheBandit;n8585580 said:
I meant it as an expression, where one little thing I don't want to see isn't going to ruin the experience for me.

You could also think it this way... Same analogy, but replace the ant with a small nugget of dung. No matter that it was just a really small nugget, the nature of the cake has changed in your mind. This isn't an attempt to change your mind about it or otherwise sway you to thinking otherwise than you do, though, just pointing out a bit different view on the very same thing.

And just to clarify, in the upper analogy Ciri's appearance would suggest magic in the setting where there is none and that would put a certain kind taint, a doubt, on how the fiction works (no matter that it might seem minor). Think abou thow it would make Bladerunner feel if there was a brief scene where Gandalf appeared and had a chat with Deckard.

Last edited:
kofeiiniturpa;n8586260 said:
And just to clarify, in the upper analogy Ciri's appearance would suggest magic in the setting where there is none and that would put a certain kind taint, a doubt, on how the fiction works (no matter that it might seem minor). Think abou thow it would make Bladerunner feel if there was a brief scene where Gandalf appeared and had a chat with Deckard.

Isn't the CP2077 easter egg in Witcher 3 subtle? Not to mention it fits into the game's narrative. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Yep, Triss has the greatest personality. My only regret is not romancing her.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8586570 said:
Isn't the CP2077 easter egg in Witcher 3 subtle?

It is and I don't mind it in Witcher. The quote there is even subtle enough that it might mean any scifi (Star Wars would fit too, or Star Trek). It doesn't mean anything in Witcher, a magic woman travels through dimensions and sees odd things, no stranger than interdimensional elves of the wild hunt or other fantasy quirks in a specific fantasy setting, but it does make a difference in Cyberpunk. It won't be subtle anymore if that stuff gets bled over to an unrelated franchise that is not about such matters, it's just unnecessarily prolonging a joke and hamfisting it where it doesn't seem to belong.

Last edited:
there is nothing subtle about the way ciri described the place she visited, thats Night City. She will most likely have an easter egg at the bare minimum in cyberpunk 2077.

animalfather;n8586760 said:
there is nothing subtle about the way ciri described the place she visited, thats Night City

Why not this place (would fit description just as well, maybe even better with the "flying ships for everyone" quote).

[video=youtube;X9-K1cxj6IQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9-K1cxj6IQ[/video]

If you put in characters you can come across in Cyberpunk 2077 named Ciri, or Geralt, or who ever from Witcher, that looks and sounds like those characters, that could be thought of as being those actual characters that somehow magically have managed to get into the world of Cyberpunk 2077... then your doing it wrong. There is no magic in Cyberpunk 2020, and there should be no magic what so ever in Cyberpunk 2077 either. Doing it this way would just not fit into CP2077, and you would me mixing and matching IP's and diluting what something like Cyberpunk 2020 was and is.

What I personally would not have a problem with as a Witcher/CDPR easter egg inside of Cyberpunk 2077, would be if anything Witcher related was refered to as an actual product that exists in the world, and/or a company in the world names CD Projekt Red... because Cyberpunk 2020 and 2077 does take place on earth with an altered history (not sure at what point history diverges in CP2020/2077 from our own)... so as such it is not inconceivable that in the past in the CP2077 universe there was (and maybe still exists) a game development company named CD Projekt Red, who made a fantasy game series called "The Witcher".

There are a few scenarios I can think of that would work well with having these kinds of witcher easter eggs.

The best case scenario for me would be somehting like that you can find some kind of retro gaming bar (where you have to do a part of a mission or something), where you can find all kinds of oldschool gaming stuff, be it old arcade machines, old computers with old games installed on them, posters on the walls, maybe display cases of old action figures of characters from these old games, etc. This is maybe where you could play something like the Witcher card game or something (if there is going to be any kind of mini game in the game that is).

The reason I feel this would probably be the best case scenario would be because there is always going to be people that are obsessed with old stuff and/or with certain cultural aspects from history... and seeing as how big gaming culture is today, chances are there is going to be a fair amount of that which manages survive into the year 2077 and be vintage and retro and "cool again" or what ever, stuff which people would want to collect or be around or what ever... so such a bar would be perfectly reasonable to exist in the year 2077.

Heck, maybe there is some kind of gang which runs this bar who base their look and what not around old retro gaming stuff... since most gangs I have heard about from CP2020 (being on this forum for a few years now) do seem to all be very unique from each other in anything from looks, and what they are about and what not, what their "thing" is, etc.

Another version could be that in one of the missions you have to break into some kind of gaming studio for what ever reason, which happends to be named Cd Projekt Red (or something very simmilar), where you could find simmilar thing as to in the above retro gaming bar, but mostly connected to CDPR stuff. I prefer the above retro gaming bar though.

But yeah... if there are CDPR/Witcher easter eggs in CP2077, then this is what I would prefer... that the Witcher stuff would be refered to as actual producs in the world, and CDPR as an actual future version of the company. I don't want anything Witcher related thing to be refered to as actual people/world that exists in another dimention in the CP2077 world... because as I said, magic does not exist in this particular version of the Cyberpunk genre, it does not exist in CP2020.

Last edited:
cyberpunkforever;n8587570 said:
maybe as an easter egg, but not as a charcter you can talk to, that is for sure, she belongs to another universe

You will be playing as Ciri, now that would be a surprise. :p There would be no use of magic in the gameplay, because it would draw the attention of the Wild Hunt. Although this is of course not a serious suggestion, and is unlikely to ever happen, it is still a somewhat interesting idea to play as a pre-defined character, but in a futuristic world she is not familiar with.

animalfather;n8586760 said:
there is nothing subtle about the way ciri described the place she visited, thats Night City. She will most likely have an easter egg at the bare minimum in cyberpunk 2077.

Ciri should be the main character in CP2077. We could make it a sequel to Witcher 3. Wrap it all up guys, let's turn the production into another direction. This way it could be easy for CDPR to release the game in 2023.

Last edited:
kofeiiniturpa;n8586260 said:
You could also think it this way... Same analogy, but replace the ant with a small nugget of dung. No matter that it was just a really small nugget, the nature of the cake has changed in your mind. This isn't an attempt to change your mind about it or otherwise sway you to thinking otherwise than you do, though, just pointing out a bit different view on the very same thing.

Point taken. Hahaha Gandalf and Deckard.... Then we find out Gandalf is a replicant too

Calistarius;n8607420 said:
His real name might be Gandroid. :p

The only Ciri I'd accept in Cyberpunk 2077 would be the operating system of a cell phone device talking back to you.

Calistarius;n8588010 said:
Cyberpunk 2020 and 2077 does take place on earth with an altered history (not sure at what point history diverges in CP2020/2077 from our own)

Per the 2020 Core Rule Book Section 11 - All Things Dark & Cyberpunk, the Divergence from our world initially started in the 1980's but the full swing to the 2020 Time line was in 1990 and each year after the world of Cyberpunk continued to diverge till the present day and each year made the world an uglier and more violent place. And everyone talking about the US or something to that effect in the forums needs to understand this one little fact about the world of Cyberpunk, there is NO United States, America as we know it does not exist in the world of Cyberpunk. Because it collapsed in 1996 due to a world stock crash...also there was the great lawyer purge later that year when people across the globe lynched criminal defense attorneys.

I wish CDPR would set up a wiki site or something when we get closer to Cyberpunk 2077's release to let people new to Cyberpunk understand how ugly and violent this world is and how different it is from our own.

I think it would be okey quest. Mysterious girl with white hair who is telling "she is from far far away" and want you to help acquire something.
Like there is lab with experimental teleportation maschine and she wants to use to come back home.
More precise: she lost her sword, and wants it back, but need someone who is familiar with the tech and world, have some gold stuff to pay for herself. Just needs sword to be able to jump back. But she will never tell that she is from fantasy world, just girl from country.

Last edited:
felixsylvaris;n8746050 said:
I think it would be okey quest. Mysterious girl with white hair who is telling "she is from far far away" and want you to help acquire something.
Like there is lab with experimental teleportation maschine and she wants to use to come back home.
More precise: she lost her sword, and wants it back, but need someone who is familiar with the tech and world, have some gold stuff to pay for herself. Just needs sword to be able to jump back. But she will never tell that she is from fantasy world, just girl from country.

There are several problems with this,
1. Having Ciri physically would mean she used magic to get there, but as stated many times there is no Magic in Cyberpunk, none at all.
2. Teleportation technology does not exist in any form in Cyberpunk and do to how high level teleportation tech is, there is no chance it will be in Cyberpunk due to the general stagnation of Tech through the eras of the Cyberpunk world and especially after the 4th Corporate War.
3. About the only person or group I could think of that would want a melee that could be a collector's item would probably be the Arasaka Group and after the 4th Corp war, good luck even getting near the Arasaka Tower or any of their places unless you actually work there.

Ciri can not physically appear in 2077 because of the rule that there is no magic of any form in Cyberpunk, the most you can get is finding some kind of copy of Witcher 20: Ciri's Adventures 5 in a rundown GameStop. Also a some girl with white is running around Night City and saying she's from "far far away", she would disappear fairly quickly and then you can throw a dart at a list of who's who on who would have picked her up.

So okay.

Witcher, it's setting and it's people are fiction in a fictional world. Utter fiction. Magic powers, alien races, whole different planet. Made up.

Cyberpunk is Now Plus A Bit. Our world. Our people. Our tech. Our problems. YOU could play yourself in Cyberpunk, in-game, with no issue. It is speculative fiction - what could be, as opposed to what never was or will be.

That's the big, very important difference. Cyberpunk is happening now, tonight, as you read this. Corporate mercenaries are executing contracts, hackers are pulling data they don't own off supposedly-secure data fortresses, for which they hope to be paid in secured cryptocurrency. Cyborgs walk among us and their tech defines bleeding edge. People log into Virtual Reality and explore a simulated Earth. I talk to you across the Net, possibly while inside my VR. The rich are insanely rich and own most of the planet. People own bullpup battle rifles and keep them at home.

Cyberpunk is and could be real. Cyberpunk 2077 is a possibility. Ciri is not.

That's why she shouldn't be in the game as anything other than fiction - it spoils, at least a little bit, that special it-might-happen-for-real feeling you should get when you play Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
I suppose in CP there could exist girl named Ciri, which a lot of love to giant swords, with unspecific origin "far far away", she could even talk about troubled by war land, where lords are busy intrigues, and common men suffer. Can you imagine that? If we got her drunk she can even start talking magic and unicorns. If you overdose drugs unicorns you will see.
Untill she starts dashing around she can tell everything, believe it or not.

felixsylvaris;n8844220 said:
I suppose in CP there could exist girl named Ciri, which a lot of love to giant swords, with unspecific origin "far far away", she could even talk about troubled by war land, where lords are busy intrigues, and common men suffer. Can you imagine that? If we got her drunk she can even start talking magic and unicorns. If you overdose drugs unicorns you will see.
Untill she starts dashing around she can tell everything, believe it or not.

Well, the problem isn't whether people "in the game" would believe a girl called Ciri who tells everyone she's from another world. The problem is metaknowledge, for us. We, the players of the game, know that Witcher is a game with magic and magical creatures and so on, and that Ciri is from that magical world. If we then see Ciri in Cyberpunk 2077, we know, now, that somehow there's magic in the world of 2077. For me, personally, and I believe some others - Sard was getting at this as well I believe - it would ruin a lot about the game. I for one don't want a person from a magical world to be in the world of 2020...or 2077. Whether my character, or any other character, has any knowledge about her is wholly irrelevant.

Top Bottom