Future video presentation?

+
Future video presentation?

Or whatever it's called. Been looking at Andromeda recent videos and whoever does these... I'd like whatever you're drinking. :p
Feels disjointed, unfocused. Anyway, when the show starts, I'd like more direct hands on approach from CDPR. No need to burn tons of $ on CGI, you have a ton of interesting material to work with here.
Something structured to clearly show the player what they have here...series of videos focused on each aspect of the game: gameplay( demonstration of a single quest, showing each "class" approaching it in a different way), about world design, history and lore( Mike as narrator, who else?), another about characters, relationships, about secondary mechanics( Cyberpsychosis, crafting, etc) and so on.

Yeah,ME:Andromeda marketing has been a disaster so far,especially for a game that is suppose to be out in two and a half months.I'm not worried about CDPR's approach to advertise CP2077...this thing will sell like hot cakes.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n7415860 said:
No need to burn tons of $ on CGI, you have a ton of interesting material to work with here.
while that's true, I want cyberpunk to have it's own night to remember. something like this is just too cool not to have.
same for the orientation "trailers" for andromeda. they do a much better job of getting me excited than the actual trailer/gameplay they released - those were pretty "meh", they focus way too much on combat and explosions.

but yeah, as others said, I'm not concerned about CDPR's ability to create good marketing material.

I am not sure what you all have been watching or reading... but I feel that the MEA coverage has been pretty good... not felt any kind of disjointedness or that it was unfocused, at all.

But then again I have seen close to everything that has been put out about it from multiple sources during the past year or how ever long I have been more hooked into the MEA news coming out... be it bigger gaming sites with interviews and coverages etc... to smaller start up amature'ish types of youtube channels focused on ME, which has helped me find the bits and pieces I might have missed here and there. so maybe that's why I feel different... I am not sure, since I don't know how closelly some of you have followed it.

Its actually pretty terrible in my book. Every time I was excited for new trailer or gameplay i ended up being massively disappointed, The only thing i like is the initiative. All big material has been subbar unfortunately. I really can't why they've marketed this game so poorly. On top of that, it seems like its gonna be very similar to Inquisition in structure and thats something thats put me off. (DA:I was the bioware game i've enjoyed the least out of all of them)

In case of CD marketing all I can hope for is that they learned from the whole downgrade debate it was such a stupid and unnecessary discussion but the Internet loves such things when they show game play dont show early builds wait till you have something more final

As for Mass Effect I was shocked when i heard the game will release in march i know the game is in the making for quit some time but for me it looks unfinished....

Just leave this here

Last edited:
braindancer12;n7421360 said:
In case of CD marketing all I can hope for is that they learned from the whole downgrade debate it was such a stupid and unnecessary discussion but the Internet loves such things when they show game play dont show early builds wait till you have something more final

As for Mass Effect I was shocked when i heard the game will release in march i know the game is in the making for quit some time but for me it looks unfinished....

That gif was passed way too often. :p

But I wasn't thinking of comparison in quality vs. Andromeda.

More how BW "structured" their presentation, as incoherent blockbuster movie. It would be great to see, week by week, videos on Cyberpunk, this time we talk about stats, next week about factions etc. Hell, Mike can hype this with his voice alone, instead of blowing away budget on expensive CGI trailers. ( This is understandable with MMO's, but feels overdone with games like this and modern AAA graphics). Harder this way, to avoid unnecessary fan backlash.

As for CDPR's marketing, I have no worries there in particular. Probably Gopher is already on their Cyberpunk event invite list. :p

Zagor-Te-Nay;n7422810 said:
That gif was passed way too often. :p

But I wasn't thinking of comparison in quality vs. Andromeda.

More how BW "structured" their presentation, as incoherent blockbuster movie. It would be great to see, week by week, videos on Cyberpunk, this time we talk about stats, next week about factions etc. Hell, Mike can hype this with his voice alone, instead of blowing away budget on expensive CGI trailers. ( This is understandable with MMO's, but feels overdone with games like this and modern AAA graphics). Harder this way, to avoid unnecessary fan backlash.

As for CDPR's marketing, I have no worries there in particular. Probably Gopher is already on their Cyberpunk event invite list. :p

Yeah couldn't resist with the gif.......that facial animation kind of haunts me
​​​​
weekly videos near the release can be great especially for people how are new to cyberpunk to show them how the world works

​​i wouldnt mind a CGI trailer something like the Witchers release trailer Night to Remember which links to an actual quest in the game or an easter egg people love such things

lord_blex;n7418640 said:
while that's true, I want cyberpunk to have it's own night to remember. something like this is just too cool not to have.
same for the orientation "trailers" for andromeda. they do a much better job of getting me excited than the actual trailer/gameplay they released - those were pretty "meh", they focus way too much on combat and explosions.

but yeah, as others said, I'm not concerned about CDPR's ability to create good marketing material.

I too am really looking forward to the Cyberpunk equivalent of "A Night to Remember". One of the few CGs that is actually a fairly accuate representation of the game and it tells a good story to booot.
And is actually a continuation of a story thread in Blood and Wine which is incredibly cool

braindancer12;n7421360 said:

Just leave this here

"Mom said it's my turn to have the gun!"

I don't know if is still a limitation of the frostbite but characters in andromeda are pretty weird..... Not so much different from DA:Inquisition... Hair seem made with wet hay... while faces looks made of rubber

The downgrade fiasco permanently assured they can no longer take the indie approach to marketing ever again. I advocate the Rockstar/Bethesda approach now. Finely made videos that show in game footage and info on the game. If they do interviews, the devs have to be extremely careful in what they say because again, some features were said to be in TW3 that didn't make it in the final game. All of this is timing. They have to wait till the game is near final build before showing or talking about it. On CGI, that stuff is far cheaper to do in Poland, and it really does work from a marketing standpoint. I think the original trailer has over 9 million views now.

Mebrilia;n7490240 said:
I don't know if is still a limitation of the frostbite but characters in andromeda are pretty weird..... Not so much different from DA:Inquisition... Hair seem made with wet hay... while faces looks made of rubber

Those things tend to more depend on the company who makes the things, rather then the Frostbite engine I think. Sure each engine has it's limitations, but a person skill and knowledge in using the engine will also have some effect I think.

I am starting to think CYBERPUNK 2077 development is not as far progressed as I had hoped. They are still advertising for all sorts of positions within the dev team on twitter, which means none of this stuff has even been worked on much, such as levels and animations etc.
So i'm not really surprised about their complete silence about the game. I don't think they are even progressed far enough to give us any hints of the game mechanics, look of the game or posting dev diaries.
And there is obviously also the W3 downgrade fiasco they are trying to avoid repeating (although in my opinion, they could have done a much better job with the game's lighting in order to soothe that situation).
I also think the Cyberpunk teaser trailer was released years too early.

Comparing that with Bioware's appalling marketing campaign for ME Andromeda, by now they should have started to market that game very aggressively. But all these initiate briefing nonsense...I just feel completely disconnected from it. It's like going to a crappy concert and the lead tries to get everyone clapping and doing movements...no thanks.
Looking at the footage they have shown for Andromeda, it looks like Dragon Age Inquisition in a space setting. And it looks rubbish. I know this is EA's fault, but Frostbite is the wrong engine for these kind of games. Plastic, glossy hair...they still haven't figured out how to make it look better! LOL
Bioware also loves their tiny little library of animations and gameplay loops which will result in a pretty mediocre game, just like DAI. Females walking around like they've pooped their pants.
I like to use the analogy of a polished turd - the kind of games Bioware make these days.

But CDPR has never disappointed in the greater scheme of things, so I am pretty confident that (unless it turns out to be a multiplayer shooter game) Cyberpunk 2077 will be the next level of awesome after the phenomena of Witcher 3.

Not really.
They've been prototyping stuff and creating the HUGE quantities of art needed for the game. All that is pretty necessary before you can get down to actually doing animations since you have to know what stuff looks like before you can animate it and game levels are about the last thing you do before final balancing and play testing.

Top Bottom