what platform are you gonna play on?

+

what platform are you gonna play on?

• Total voters
I'll might consider PC, only if it'll have pre order bonus like Witcher 3 had (I meant Neverwinter Nights and witcher 3 comic book), if not then PS4, for physical stuff like maps and stickers, or if expansions (IF it'll have expansions) will have some stuff too.

PC.

Mostly because like others have said, that is what I have. Secondly because I have been mainly a PC gamer since about 2006 or 2007'ish (still played some console stuff, but those where me replaying old games on old consoles I already owned, rather then anything new)... where as between 1990 to roughly 2001 or 2002'ish I almost onlyl played console games (I only had consoles at home, no PC... close to all of my PC gaming during that time was me getting to play a bit on my friends pc's from about 96 and forward). The 4-6'ish years between them was the transitional years for me where I did both (last console I bought was the PS2).

I think the only reason I would play CP2077 on a console, if I owned one that could play it, would be if the game for one reason or another played better with a controller. Which you of course also can do on a PC... but like I said, the game would have to play better with a controller for me to even consider playing it on a console.

Some games just play better with a controller then with keyboard and mouse. The most recent example I have is that playing Final Fantasy VII and X with a mouse and keyboard on PC felt really awkward, even though I could change the quickkeys for the games as I saw fit. Which is why I bought a controller for my PC maybe 6 months ago, for those few moments where I encounter a game that feels really awkward playing with mouse and keyboard. Of course... maybe it residual instinctual reflex memory that is going on here with the FF games... since I played both of those games on a console, and I played them A LOT during those time as well. Those games feels just so much more natural and responsive to what I want the game to do when I use the controller.

Last edited:
Possibly filthy console peasant, if it drops for PS4, and it's not butchered in the port to console.

Otherwise, I might build a PC for this game, specifically.

Sardukhar;n7458720 said:
The couch thing with friends is prettttttty nice.
I'm sure it is if you're into the sort of games it's useful for. But I don't do shooters, flight sims, racing games, or platformers ... i.e. "twitch" games.

Sardukhar;n7458720 said:
you can do that with a steam link for 30 bucks on sale. I plan to buy one when get my own place and I can hog the TV. it may be slightly more inconvenient than a console, but it also has all the advantages of a pc.

Suhiira;n7457800 said:
Guess I'm odd ... never owned, or had any real desire to own a console.

Nah. There're quite a few like that. The console controller never fit my hand and playing with other games than racing is a pain, no match for the precision of M/KB.

Sardukhar;n7458720 said:

It looks even nicer if you hook up your high end PC to the telly.

Top Bottom