what platform are you gonna play on?

+

what platform are you gonna play on?

• Total voters

Forum veteran
Holodeck.

Or maybe console. Have a backlog with hundreds upon hundreds of games that will still run on my aging hardware, so upgrading parts for a small handful of forced-pretty AAA titles always feels like such a waste. But if they can leverage the lesser visibility of a city environment to get W3-esque performance out of something that'll inevitably be prettier, then probably PC.

z0rex;n7459140 said:
And I'm more plug and play gamer so I'm leaning more towards console gaming.
Ah, plug and play. Makes me long for the days of the PS2 and such. Modern consoles aren't really plug and play anymore so much as plug, insert disc, wait for lengthy update, either go into offline mode or download several gigs worth of updates, get into game, get another install on the main screen while most options are greyed out, then finally start playing.

But hey, used games are still a great (moral) counterpoint to douchebag developers/publishers/producers. "Thanks for attempting to treat me like garbage. In return, I'll give everyone but you money and enjoy your thing anyway." You never see that come up as a pro- point for consoles, though. The internet is weirdly spite-deficient sometimes.

walkingdarkly;n7462480 said:
Why? The PS4 and Xbox are nothing more than low-end overpriced computers and CDPR would have to cut graphic quality in half to fit them on those two...though it's not stopped them from doing that with Witcher 3 on PC.

And a side note, recliners are superior to couches.

witcher 3 didnt look that bad on ps4 i think it runs on medium settings or something like that
if cyberpunk will run on high settings (1080p) on the pro i will be pretty satisfied

walkingdarkly;n7462480 said:
Why? The PS4 and Xbox are nothing more than low-end overpriced computers and CDPR would have to cut graphic quality in half to fit them on those two...though it's not stopped them from doing that with Witcher 3 on PC.

And a side note, recliners are superior to couches.

And on a side-side note, we aren't doing Platform Wars around here. So, accusations of Witcher 3 downgrades, overpriced computers, etc? That will get deleted. As a start. As I said at the top of a similar thread, we're Not Going There.

Not even if it makes talking about it harder. Use humour or indirect references and be aware I'll delete or worse if this turns into some Platform War Stewpot.

227;n7461880 said:
Holodeck.

Or maybe console. Have a backlog with hundreds upon hundreds of games that will still run on my aging hardware, so upgrading parts for a small handful of forced-pretty AAA titles always feels like such a waste. But if they can leverage the lesser visibility of a city environment to get W3-esque performance out of something that'll inevitably be prettier, then probably PC.

Ah, plug and play. Makes me long for the days of the PS2 and such. Modern consoles aren't really plug and play anymore so much as plug, insert disc, wait for lengthy update, either go into offline mode or download several gigs worth of updates, get into game, get another install on the main screen while most options are greyed out, then finally start playing.

But hey, used games are still a great (moral) counterpoint to douchebag developers/publishers/producers. "Thanks for attempting to treat me like garbage. In return, I'll give everyone but you money and enjoy your thing anyway." You never see that come up as a pro- point for consoles, though. The internet is weirdly spite-deficient sometimes.

True enough, I hate when you want to play a game but you have to wait through big ass patch to play it.

PS4. I love GOG though and if I upgrade/replace the computer I'll get it for PC too, especially if there ends up being some sort of multiplayer open world component to the game (not that I need that, I love my single-player games most!)

Top Bottom