Will We See Anything at E3?

+
Will We See Anything at E3?

About a year ago, I made a post like this one asking if we would see anything at E3 2016. Needless to say, we didn't. But it's 2017 now, and it's almost confirmed that we'll learn something about Cyberpunk 2077 this year. So, I wanted to ask the same question again, along with,"What do you think we'll see at E3?"

I'm thinking we'll get a few goodies when E3 comes around; some concept art, a cinematic trailer, a gameplay trailer, along with some more information about the game. It's been so long since we've gotten any information on this game, and I'm predicting CD Projekt Red will just want to put what they've got out there when the time comes.

Tarathelion;n7450860 said:
hmm did they? can you provide a source?

I think they only said that Witcher years are 2015 and 2016 in terms of marketing, so there is possibility for Cyberpunk re-reveal this year. But they still have Gwent and single player campaign for Gwent so hard to say what plan they have.

I think its likely to be this year or not at E3 specifically. Cause they themselves said they will be silent until 2017, and that 2015 and '16 were going to be "Years Of The Witcher".

kanonite;n7451270 said:
I think its likely to be this year or not at E3 specifically. Cause they themselves said they will be silent until 2017, and that 2015 and '16 were going to be "Years Of The Witcher".

I don't think they ever said that they will be silent until 2017. They have not said anything at all. Other than, there won't be anything in 2016. Somehow, some people get from that a promise to reveal info in 2017 which is a massive stretch.

i hope im wrong but i don't think we'll see any news at e3
maybe some interview after e3, near year's end, "don't worry, the game is still in development" or something like that

It's possible that there'll be something. Then again... It's been years already waiting for anything, so it'll probably be a couple of years more still.

Maybe....chances are higher then ever...but how is that Gwent game going? Will it be released before E3? After all it has a way higher importance right now for CD with advertising it and beta and CP probably shouldn't distract the gamers so it's possible to not show CP on E3 and fully push Gwent after all its about sales

Closed beta should end in april, then open beta (which basically means premiere as everybody will have a chance to play.) Right now there is about 100K people in closed beta

reidyboy102998;n7447010 said:
My guess? A new CGI trailer or a gameplay video showcasing the world of CP2077/characters.

No matter if they show anything or not this year... or when ever it will be... I would actually not call it "A new trailer for CP2077"... because to me that implies that the previous one we got was actually indicative of what the game would be.

I would rather call it that we might get to see "A first trailer for CP2077".

Because the one we got to see all those 4 years ago was more of sticking a wet finger up in the air to determin what kind of interest there might be for a Cyberpunk game, AND to put out a beacon to game developers all over the world that the company was looking to hire people for a Cyberpunk based game.

It's almost like someone went out on a concert stage and shouted "METAL MUSIC!" into the mic, and when the audience roared back it's approval the person thought to them selves "Huh... I think they might like metal music..." and then leaves to create a band and some metal music to be performed infront of an audience at a much later date... leaving the asked audience wondering why they did not get any metal music right then and there... XD

So yeah... when ever we get to see a trailer, in the coming years, I would more call it "A first trailer for Cyberpunk 2077".

Of course, we might still see some elements left from that original teaser... but I have a feeling that that was just the thermometer stuck into fandom to see what kind of temperature they could find. XD

Last edited:
Calistarius;n7455300 said:
No matter if they show anything or not this year... or when ever it will be... I would actually not call it "A new trailer for CP2077"... because to me that implies that the previous one we got was actually indicative of what the game would be.

I would rather call it that we might get to see "A first trailer for CP2077".

Because the one we got to see all those 4 years ago was more of sticking a wet finger up in the air to determin what kind of interest there might be for a Cyberpunk game, AND to put out a beacon to game developers all over the world that the company was looking to hire people for a Cyberpunk based game.

It's almost like someone went out on a concert stage and shouted "METAL MUSIC!" into the mic, and when the audience roared back it's approval the person thought to them selves "Huh... I think they might like metal music..." and then leaves to create a band and some metal music to be performed infront of an audience at a much later date... leaving the asked audience wondering why they did not get any metal music right then and there... XD

So yeah... when ever we get to see a trailer, in the coming years, I would more call it "A first trailer for Cyberpunk 2077".

Of course, we might still see some elements left from that original teaser... but I have a feeling that that was just the thermometer stuck into fandom to see what kind of temperature they could find. XD

That was spot on Cali to call the CP trailer a trailer just isnt suitable CD also called it a teaser and that we will get the real trailer later hard to say what that real CGI trailer will look like this time actually made by CD not one guy from an animation studio. I mean the teaser has 0% of designs from the CP team because at that time they simple hadn't anything to use. But at the end it was a pretty solid teaser with the mood they wanted to show and also some sweet references to 2020 but quit a lot of people took the teaser to seriously and thought it will be a game were you only play a police guy who hunts "robots" and that all the characters from the teaser will be in the final game.....

Last edited:
braindancer12;n7455890 said:
That was spot on Cali to call the CP trailer a trailer just isnt suitable CD also called it a teaser and that we will get the real trailer later hard to say what that real CGI trailer will look like this time actually made by CD not one guy from an animation studio. I mean the teaser has 0% of designs from the CP team because at that time they simple hadn't anything to use. But at the end it was a pretty solid teaser with the mood they wanted to show and also some sweet references to 2020 but quit a lot of people took the teaser to seriously and thought it will be a game were you play a police guy who hunts "robots" and that all the characters from the teaser will be in the final game.....

Yeah, I remember an interview mentioning that since the Teaser was such a success, they were going to keep elements from it.

kanonite;n7455900 said:
Yeah, I remember an interview mentioning that since the Teaser was such a success, they were going to keep elements from it.

I got nothing against that idea some designs like the police car inspired by bladerunner was pretty neat

Well, they'll be keeping quite a lot from the trailer, I expect, since so much of it is already resident in Cyberpunk 2020 art. The AV-7 (flying car), Max-Tac, the Militech Crusher you see there, the girl, (Alt) in the window, NCPD, the smart-goggles, Dynalar, Kirosho, even the bullpup style of assault rifles, which is the typical configuration by 2020.

So, yeah, most of that is already part of CP2020 setting. If they don't keep those exact elements, (the corps they surely will), that's the style you're looking at for the game at least.

First of all, Cd Projekt has never done an in-house CGI trailer and they will continue to do them outside of it. However they are always involved creatively with companies that make them, usually it was Platige, apart from last W3 one which was made by Digic (premise, script, all those connections are coming from cd projekt) Its not like they just commissioned a random cd projekt trailer. Sure its been a long time and loads of things could have changed since but at the time it was the direction they were going with. Besides, don't expect the next trailer to be CGI (it won't be)

Tarathelion;n7456530 said:
Besides, don't expect the next trailer to be CGI (it won't be)

Ahhh...I'd be careful saying what will and won't be from the REDs. They haven't committed to anything for a reason. We can guess and estimate, but anything other than that, nuh uh.

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n7456660 said:
Ahhh...I'd be careful saying what will and won't be from the REDs. They haven't committed to anything for a reason. We can guess and estimate, but anything other than that, nuh uh.

I base it on Marcin Iwiński interview about that. I can't remember word for word what he said, but he pretty much said making another cgi trailer when the only released CGI trailer so far, would not make much sense to him. Of course things can change but tbh it does not make much sense marketing wise

Top Bottom