Will We See Anything at E3?

+
Tarathelion;n7456720 said:
I base it on Marcin Iwiński interview about that. I can't remember word for word what he said, but he pretty much said making another cgi trailer when the only released CGI trailer so far, would not make much sense to him. Of course things can change but tbh it does not make much sense marketing wise

Fair enough. I reaaaaaaalllly hope the next we see is in game footage. So sweet. Soooo....sweeeeet....<Swoon>

Sardukhar;n7456800 said:
Fair enough. I reaaaaaaalllly hope the next we see is in game footage. So sweet. Soooo....sweeeeet....<Swoon>

We should know more in march as they will do yearly financial summary for business and stock exchange press. We should get at least info regarding their plans for 2017, which means probable confirmation of the fact that Cyberpunk won't be released in 2017 and my hope is that we will have an answer regarding the start of marketing campaign (nothing precise but we should know the answer if they will start talking about in 2017). Cyberpunk will be a hot topic, and they will probably update progress of it. nothing specific. Last time (march 2016) Adam Badowski (studio head and board member) said the game is still in pre-production (thats why 2017 as a release date seems almost impossible) but it does not mean that the game is far off from its premiere (the rest of the board started laughing at that comment), he added that it was like that from his point of view. I do believe they will heavily hint if the game will be presented at E3 or deny it if not. Thats my speculation of course.

Tarathelion;n7456870 said:
I do believe they will heavily hint if the game will be presented at E3 or deny it if not. Thats my speculation of course.

You know, it's really hard to say. With the Witcher games, they'd show some stuff, talk a bit about it, be very excited.

Pretty much the only thing I can see, which you've seen for yourselves here, is that they are very excited about Cyberpunk and are saying nooooooothing. At all. Nada. Really buttoned down. An "It's badass!" comment here and there is about it.

So I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if their hype and their marketing starts six months before release. Also wouldn't be shocked if it was a year before release, but they are soooo very quiet.

Sardukhar;n7456800 said:
Yeah I'd much prefer game footage, even if pre-rendered over another CGI.

Sardukhar;n7457390 said:
So I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if their hype and their marketing starts six months before release. Also wouldn't be shocked if it was a year before release, but they are soooo very quiet.
I'd guess about six months prior myself. Till that day I really don't expect to hear much of anything ... damn it all!

Personally I'd love some general game design info: FPS? TPS? Cover shooter? Single character only or team? Co-op or competitive multi-player?
I don't want details, just a general overview.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n7457780 said:
Yeah I'd much prefer game footage, even if pre-rendered over another CGI.

I'd guess about six months prior myself. Till that day I really don't expect to hear much of anything ... damn it all!

Personally I'd love some general game design info: FPS? TPS? Cover shooter? Single character only or team? Co-op or competitive multi-player?
I don't want details, just a general overview.

Yes. We should compile a list of questions then mark them off when we get info and I will update the FAQ. Some are already there.

Sardukhar;n7458660 said:
Yes. We should compile a list of questions then mark them off when we get info and I will update the FAQ. Some are already there.
Good idea. Again I respect their right to keep any and all actual game details to themselves ... heck at this point I'm sure they're still evolving. But general "What type of game is it?" stuff they've almost undoubtedly already decided, and while no doubt whatever they've decided will cause one vocal minority or another to have a tantrum most folks would be overjoyed to know what sort of game they're shooting for.

Tarathelion;n7456530 said:
First of all, Cd Projekt has never done an in-house CGI trailer and they will continue to do them outside of it. However they are always involved creatively with companies that make them,

And to add to what Tarathelion said... this is probably something most gaming companies do as well, atleast the ones who have the money for it.

Although, some companies, atleast the really big ones, might actually have a dedicated CGI department that makes CGI stuff for them alone. Square Enix for example has a studio called "Visual Works" which does most, or all, of their stuff. They did one of my all time favorit cgi game trailer, the first one for Deus Ex Human Revolution... not sure what it is called, but it was the E3 one. I often call it "the Icarus trailer" because that is the name of the song that was created for it and the game (it's the main theme of the game).

Last edited:
Donum-Dei;n7463480 said:
Hey there

I think you are referring towards one of this two interviews?

【VGTIME】Interview with CD Projekt CEO Marcin

The Witcher 3 & Cyberpunk 2077 with Marcin Iwinski - The Lobby | GDC Developer Sessions

And about this topic: Wait is a virtue that not many people harness, and few get to have and born with.

P.s. So long.

I was more referring to a text interview with the guy from Platige Image who did the teaser, the one that also said that the Cyberpsycho lady from it wont be featured in the game.

I dont remember the exact link however..

Last edited:
Hey kanonite

Okay. I though it was one of those videos. Since in "The Lobby" he talks something similar towards what you where referring to.

P.s. So long.

we might see some DLC for their card game. but nothing for CP2077. E3 2018 will be all about CP2077 though

Eh, I doubt it. They've held up this long, their goal is probably "WOW!" first impression. Unless they're releasing in 2017, unlikely, they're still hiring plus 6-8 months of polishing/bug fixing, minimum.
At best they may decide it's time to release some basic FAQ, info on game mechanics.

Witcher 3 was at E3 fairly early but I guess fu**ing Fallout 4's last 6 months showcase will effect CP77 also as I got the impression when CDPR will show it they wanna blow peeps out of water with a fairly complete game buuut as they are still recruiting they might need the early publicity again so maybe we could see something along the lines of W3's first E3 again; "gameplay", cinematic, real location mix with developer/Mike Pondsmith narration for 5 mins. And I'm saying "early" cos I got the impression that they are still in early production, especially in the last couple months, despite the years gone by :D

Tho as mentioned earlier, at this point I also want to know the high level stuff first; pre-defined vs blank-slate character? gender choice? classes? which ones? what type of gameplay? FPS/TPS/TOPDOWN/MIX? drivable/flyable vehicles? etc etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom