Capturing Enemies

+
Capturing Enemies

hello there cyberpunk people :)

some of the games i liked the most, ever, had this option or main mission: to capture or rescue enemies or unknown characters, for example Mass Effect 2 and 3 the geth, a robot who admires Shepard, and then we ca learn a lot from him/it,
the prothean, a vengeful ancestor in the war against reapers, and we can learn a lot from him too and he becomes a powerful ally
phantom pain: we capture lots of enemies and then they betray their factions and join our force and work for us

i find that idea very interesting, and in the future the possibilities are endless,
imagine capturing a cyberpunk activist/terrorist, become friends and later enemies,
or capturing a max tac agent,

and maybe the option to have a huse, hub, station, hideout, etc, to go and interrogate/talk to prisoners/friends/ agents you can convice to help you, etc
and you can decide what to do with them send them to do some misions and then they are free, or just let them go or kill them or become good friends, or more than friends...or not friends at all, but allies, etc

thoughts?

Last edited:
There were less-than-lethal weapons in the PnP like Web Guns, EMP Cannons (for shorting out cybernetics and other electronics) and the legendary (atleast to me) Nauseator.

Last edited:
ME II was simply part of storyline. TPP, the game was built around resource management. I don't see it really done here.

But as part of crime element, that would be something the could deliver...if they plan some kind of "radiant mission" system. Key to this is having a complex system of AI/Interaction/mission design variable...otherwise it will be "another settlement needs out help!" situation all over again.

I don't mind the idea... if done right it could work. But it would probably have to be limited somehow. It all depends on what kind of game CP2077 will be I think.

Also... on a sidenote... some of what Cyberpunkforever is talking about, convincing potentual enemies to maybe join you instead, etc, compleatly reminds me of this "little" indiegame called "Rimworld".
It is a "Construction and management simulation" game, which might not sound fun... but it really is. XD The default mode of the game is that three survivors has saved them selves from a spaceship breaking apart thanks to drop pods. They land on some planet and now you are tasked with building a colony, survive the eventual harshess of the planet (depending on where you landed... icecaps or deserts are pretty inhospitable for one, but even the temperate areas with better weather are still really dangerous), and either stay there... or try and build a spaceship to leave, or travel across the planet (yes the game has a full 3D planet which you can travel over, but it takes a long time) to find a spaceship which you can leave in.

Anyway... part of this game is that you build your colony as well by other people joining it. There are a few ways this can happen... but usually the most common way is to take prisoners (which usually comes from rading parties that attack your colony, where some of them might have been knocked unconsious.. or they are unable to move because ther leg was taken clean of by a sniperrifle shot or something... not to worry, you can temporarily install a pegleg for them to move once they have joined you, untill you get your hand on some actual cybernetic limbs... XD ), and then have your most social guy speak to them until they hopefully join you (the difficulty of it depends on your Wardens social skill, the prisoners mood, and on what kind of npc it is... tribals for example are extreamly difficult to persuade to join you).

Rimworld is probably the most complex game I have ever played. Not combatwise, that trophy belongs to the russian game "Brigade E5: New Jagged Union" and it's successors of "7,62 High Calibre", and "Marauder", and one or two others. But with everything else there is almost nothing else that compares to Rimworld. I mean seriously... you can do surgical transplants for certain organs and limbs. Got a guy with a bad heart? Hope one of the space traders come by and have one for sale... or... why not harvest one... you do after all have those X raiders that you imprisoned a few days ago... sure, the colony might be a bit upset that a prisoner had something harvested agaisnt their will, and sure he happend to die since he no longer has a heart... but your colonies best builder now has a fully functoning heart! Someone who lost an eye? Get a hold of a bionic one and install it... the upside to that now your guy has better vision then someone with both their normal eyes. Heck... if you want you can replace a lot of different kinds of organs and limbs to create a super colonist... how very Cyberpunk of you... just make sure that the colonist is not a "Prosthophobe", since they believes the human body is limited for a reason, so to them, bionic body parts are unethical... so if you install something like that they will have a permanent mood penalty... and you don't really want a supercolonist have a psychological break and start shooting up the entire place... or start fires, like the pyromaniacs to. XD

Last edited:
i always wanted a space bounty game. like cowboy bebop you got a small crew and u go around the galaxy hunting down bountys.

That does sound like it could be fun.

I have not played it... but it sounds almost like a variation of monster hunter, but without the giant monsters.

I do know which world I would love to play such a game in though. Mike Resnicks world from the book "Santiago: a Myth of the Far Future". One of the few sci-fi books which I reread every now and then. The main character, Sebastian "Nightingale" Cain, and several characters he meets through out the book are bounty hunters. It's a world which I have wanted a game in ever since I first found it over 20 years ago.

Optional bounty hunter missions would be cool. Like going to a police station or looking them up online. Do research, track them down and turn them in. Different types of capture missions should be available. A nethacker is not really the physical capture type, they are more like information gathers, although they could hunt down other hackers in the net, atack them, maybe take over their brain to possess them to turn them in. Cops should always be investigating/capturing criminals, corps most likely do things outside the law, capturing rival corporation employees to interrogate or hunt down infiltrators, not really sure about rockerboys, but solos would be the most likely to be bounty hunters I would think.

Top Bottom