Let's talk about multiplayer

+
Let's talk about multiplayer

-I believe from what i saw in a lot of articles that it will have multiplayer too , it's kinda official at this point , so whether people want it or not it's gonna happen . and what makes me more sure about that is the fact that they have a great experience with multiplayer thanks to GWENT .
-I actually play a lot of great multiplayer games like overwatch for exemple and i like them BUT .. that's not what i'm looking for in cyberpunk 2077 . i want story , open world to discover , Npcs to talk to . i want it to be my world ALONE . just like in witcher 3 . don't get me wrong i know it will be an amazing multiplayer .. i know that ... but that's just me :)
-So guys and girls what do you think about multiplayer in cyberpunk !

garayba;n7686920 said:
-So guys and girls what do you think about multiplayer in cyberpunk !

Not a fan.

I see it more as an unnecesary design burden unless it's something separate/semiseparate to be thought out as its own thing post the release of the core game with no effect to it what so ever.

-I want a custom RP multiplayer campaigns with game master setting the shit up and players print their characters.
-I expect GTA:Onlike rip-off with customizable characters and shit at best. (i.e. MMO, despite what devs said so far)

Personally, not a fan of any sorts of seamless multiplayer stuff. Rockstar were clever enough to draw a line between a game and a multiplayer in GTA V.

Could be great for adding more dynamic and variety for Generated/"Radiant" missions, with players "invading" one another's world. Rewards should scale appropriately so the risk is worth taking. If you become an enemy of certain corporation/faction, they could also "send" a player as bounty hunter. Perhaps player guilds organized based on factions?
Player should also receive notification before going on a mission, through network. Some kind of profiling?...listing augments, stats, etc. Maybe netrunners could hack the net to keep this info hidden, so you have element of surprise on your hand? Or pay for it, with a heavy load of cash? This could be shit load of fun, given the amount of options( hopefully!) when it comes to playstyle customization. Some kind of ranking system? so long as it doesn't feel too "gamey"/gimmicky.
Overall I love the idea, the higher your success so is your notoriety/fame and the rewards, but also you become a more tempting target.

I don't see it really working in story/typical quest missions or through design some kind of arena/horde mode. Some kind of sealed off lawless warzone, perhaps though? They really need to be careful here, this could also have negative effect on world design/building and MP being designed as something integrated "seamlessly" into the world without...YOU HAVE ENTERED MULTIPLAYER ZONE: 3...2...1....FIGHT! messages showing up suddenly on the screen. Co-op missions are possible, but they really need to be rare and specifically designed for it, loved how it was handled in Blacklist. Otherwise enemy AI really can't keep up and buffing enemies as a "solution", never really works.

Overall, my bet is that they're going for something similar to Watch Dogs ( the best part of the game as it turned out).

As for social aspect, players could send each other an invite and simply hang out. I don't play MMO's, but BDO has something similar, no? This could be promising IF there is a lot of sandbox interaction.

With brain dance, players could "record" certain (brief) segments of the game and sell them on the black market, sharing experience, secrets or simply fun moments. Sort of like an in-game "direct wikia". This could make it's own style of economy, like that Star Trek epizode with telepath society.

Goes without saying all of this would have to be fully optional and under player control.

Last edited:
I'm also not a fan of multiplayer, like almost all games it'll probably wind up being some sort of PvP Deathmatch or shoot-em-up dungencrawler mode. Which is fine, those not interested don't need to play. Just seems like a waste of time and assets.

The absolute last thing I want to see is forced multiplayer where some 10-year-old (mentally at least) troll can invade and 'f" up MY game for their own amusement.

It's possible CDPR may surprise us all, but dealing with multiple player characters in a non live GM'd RPG is something no one has managed with any degree of success, because of the many and major technical hurtles.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n7692590 said:
The absolute last thing I want to see is forced multiplayer where some 10-year-old (mentally at least) troll can invade and 'f" up MY game for their own amusement.
That's what happens alot in Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Watch Dogs 2. That's why multiplayer shouldn't be 'seamless', but that contradicts with CDPR's plans, at least in 2016, when CP2077 revealed to have multiplayer. The only safe way to play these games is to turn off internet connection. Or git gut and troll back.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n7689130 said:
Could be great for adding more dynamic and variety for Generated/"Radiant" missions, with players "invading" one another's world.

Please not this, that's one of the most tiresome features in gaming recently, letting others invade my game how funny and creative.....

I just want it to be cooperative, 4 players, third person, similar to ME3 MP or MEA MP
against waves of nenemies and with different objectives/missions

for exmaple: one player must hack a terminal, and the others must rpotect him form enemis,
or carry an object, the thers go forward to clear a path, etc
destroy selected enemies, etc,
one character is injured, other can heal him, one can hack the map/ cameras and reveal the map for all playaers, etc

Last edited:
It's one thing to have a muliplayer Gwent game. Quite a different thing to force multiplayer into a RPG.

I never felt any desire for any type of multipleyer elements in any of the Witcher games (or any RPG i have played for that matter) and I sure don't have any desire for multiplayer in Cyberpunk 2077.

99% of the time, the inclusion of multiplayer in a game results in some kind of compromise in the singleplayer game, such as nerfed mechanics.

If this is going to turn into a first-person-catch-a-flag-shoot'em-upper affair, I walk away.

As long as I do not have to touch, or even smell the faintest of whiffs of, multiplayer/co-op when I play the singleplayer campaign... then have at it... put as much multiplayer/co-op as you wish in the game... I just don't want to have to deal with multiplayer/co-op at all when I play the game in singleplayer.

You know... things like "this content can only be played in multiplayer/with others in co-op"... that would annoy the hell out of me.

I don't like multiplayer/co-op... I think multiplayer/co-op is some of the most boring thing imaginable when it comes to videogames... and I stay away from multiplayer/co-op things as much as possible... even in the mmo's I played back when I still played mmo's (although, I was more likelly to team in them... but atleast half, if not 2/3rd of my gametime in mmo's back then tended to be solo).

So like I said... put as much of multiplayer/co-op in the game as you wish, even in the singleplayer aspect of the game if you wish as well... just make sure that I can play 100% of the same things in singleplayer campaigne by my self, as people who play the singleplayer campaigne in/with multiplayer/co-op can.

That is all I ask... that I am not forced to play the game with others to do all the things available in the singleplayer campaigne.

Part of the reason, one of many reasons, that I play videogames, is because I don't have to deal with other people as I am playing them. I have always tended to be a bit of a loner, fairly to very shy, prefering to do things by my self, and tend to enjoy things more when I can do them by my self. So I tend to need a fairly large amount of time by my self in general. Heck, I even go to the cinema all by my self, and prefer it that way too... XD

With other people around I have to divide my attention, and focus, between multiple things, which means that I do not tent to enjoy those things as much anymore, as if I would have if i was by myself... since I am not very good at multitasking either. I have always said that "Where most peoples focus is like a flashlight, mine is like a laser". PnP RPG's is one of the few things which I like to do which requires me to play with others... and I accept that, that's just how it is after all... and I do enjoy playing pnp rpg's... but it's more of one of the few "exceptions that proved the rule" things for me, more then anything else atleast.

Oh hope it's just like the division, I had so many laughs listening to people get super angry when i blocked or locked a door trapping them in a room, God that was fun.

NewVigiL;n7709300 said:
Oh hope it's just like the division, I had so many laughs listening to people get super angry when i blocked or locked a door trapping them in a room, God that was fun.

And it is exactly people like you that makes us have a strong negative attitude towards multiplayer. I don't want you anywhere near my gaming experience and I suspect the majority of multiplayer gamers would also agree.

I remember reading it might be more like Dark Souls and Watch Dogs where another player can invade.

Tho I wonder how they will go about this with less violent classes like Media and Corporates. Like, what would consitute "Evaded" for them.

Last edited:
NewVigiL;n7709300 said:
And this is exactly why I don't want non-optional multi-player.

you know i personaly have an other problem with multiplayer in games like watch dog or dark soul for exemple when the multiplayer area is the same as single player area , the problem is that after meeting real people or fighting them when i turn off multiplayer , npcs and monstrers become like ... not so real.. like robots, because you can't interact with them or not as smart as real people .. you know what i mean it's hard to explain. but probably i'm the only one that feel this way

Last edited:
garayba;n7713480 said:
... you know what i mean it's hard to explain. but probably i'm the only one that feel this way
Actually I know exactly what you mean, and I agree with you. I'd prefer to interact with other players.

The problem is folks like the earlier poster make this difficult. And unless you have some way to immediately boot out of, and permanently exclude, people from your game it makes multiplayer more of a risk then an asset.

The stress being YOUR game, if they want to host a game they're more then welcome to do anything they like, I don't have to play with them.
But if I'm hosting my game, I need to be able to easily and immediately take necessary steps.

No invasions in another players' game/world, i'm involved in the story, i dnt want to fight an unknown player in the middle of a story, or side quest, or the he kills me and i lost my progress, or does stupid things in my city,

single player story/campaign must be separated from MP,
the MP must have context, depth, to fit in the game world

and No dedicated servers, just p2p, because some region just dont have enough players! and it's impossible to find players, i didn't play Dragon Age Inquistion MP because there are no players in my refgion!
and p2p is the ebst because the server searches for lpayers and you will always find games and players, the connection can be laggy if the internet connection of the host is bad but that's it no other problmes
if a dedicated server goes down nobody can play anymore
with p2p we can play for more time more years

cyberpunkforever;n7721620 said:
and No dedicated servers, just p2p, because some region just dont have enough players!
http://imgur.com/a/GrJ1K
Boom, problem solved. It's not like CDPR really going to be as greedy as EA and sell MP-oriented DLCs and setup their own servers.
As for other - blah, it's the other way around. P2P is very demanding and connection-hungry. Plus, it's way harder to avoid/eliminate cheaters and trolls.
cyberpunkforever;n7721620 said:
i didn't play Dragon Age Inquistion MP because there are no players in my refgion!
That's an EA and their greed caused you trouble, not DS. Have they released DS toolset for DA:I, you'd play MP all day if you wanted it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom