Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wichter never tried to be an RPG where you can create all sorts of characters though.

They were limited by having a pre-set character with pre-set skills. In honesty, they were very lenient in TW3 with what you are allowed to do. It had more build variety than it probably should have allowed if they wanted to be truly faithful to the books.

Sardukhar;n7811880 said:
Nah, I think it will be a great game even if it has the so-so combat mechanics we've seen before. And I liked the combat in all three games, but it was definitely the weak spot. CDPR does superbly despite their gameplay weaknesses.

That said, those of us who want an exciting John Wick/Robocop type gameplay of risk and action and, yes, a certain balance, we will be disappointed if we get the 6/7 out of 10 we'd usually give CDPR games in terms of the gameplay element.

True, we can expect what they did best to be dialed up to 11 here. But with number of AI, density and level of interaction in sandbox city their tech skills will really need to be more polished here. Especially controls and targeting systems. Witcher was far more limited, so it was mostly a matter of (minor) annoyance.

Meccanical;n7822640 said:
The Wichter never tried to be an RPG where you can create all sorts of characters though.

They were limited by having a pre-set character with pre-set skills. In honesty, they were very lenient in TW3 with what you are allowed to do. It had more build variety than it probably should have allowed if they wanted to be truly faithful to the books.

Eh, true, but then again not true.

With Witcher I feels they tried to do something more original with their gameplay mechanics. 2/3 were technically better, but also far more derivative of other games... alchemy, mutagens, variety of styles in swordplay...could have been developed into something far more complex and unique.
Overall (though I enjoyed gameplay more than in most arpg's), it didn't leave impression CDPR was anywhere near as ambitious in comparison to writing, art, world design, etc.

Some fresh blood could be a good thing here, at least as junior designers. Lately am more impressed by how some in modding community understand these things hell of a lot better than most developers.
Enderal, for instance... done by a handful of people and still their open world design of leveling, enemy scaling, economy, loot and exploration is levels above in comparison to Witcher or Skyrim.
That would be the first place where I would look for hiring.

Last edited:
Zagor-Te-Nay;n7824060 said:
True, we can expect what they did best to be dialed up to 11 here. But with number of AI, density and level of interaction in sandbox city their tech skills will really need to be more polished here. Especially controls and targeting systems. Witcher was far more limited, so it was mostly a matter of (minor) annoyance.

Yerp yerp.

And at least they are aware of that challenge, as they said in an early-on interview. Which is good!

But, they also thought the combat in W3 was great and although I liked it a lot, ( more than many modern games which I find cumbersome and clumsy and awkward and other redundant terms for feeling like someone bungie-corded my wrist to my hip), it could have used lots more work.

So let's hope that they are pushing hard to make not only better melee combat, bit fun, crisp, dangerous ranged combat as well.

Recently they hired one of the Quantum Break devs, who posted here until 227 scared him off somehow. Did anyone play Quantum Break?

cara2100;n7780210 said:
I think it's an obligation the cyberpunk to be at e3
Since the game isn't crowd funded CDPR isn't even obligated to release it at all.

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n7824130 said:
Yerp yerp.

And at least they are aware of that challenge, as they said in an early-on interview. Which is good!

But, they also thought the combat in W3 was great and although I liked it a lot, ( more than many modern games which I find cumbersome and clumsy and awkward and other redundant terms for feeling like someone bungie-corded my wrist to my hip), it could have used lots more work.

So let's hope that they are pushing hard to make not only better melee combat, bit fun, crisp, dangerous ranged combat as well.

Recently they hired one of the Quantum Break devs, who posted here until 227 scared him off somehow. Did anyone play Quantum Break?

I did recently...it's one of better TPS out there. Gun feedback and cover mechanics are solid (though could be better( though it's not really catered to that style), but player "powers" work amazing with shooting , and camera work/visuals/sounds are phenomenal. When it flows together, it's like a well choreographed dance than your typical straightforward TPS.. much better, than say something closest?...Mass Effect? Pretty solid AI when it comes to flanking, you really need to keep on the move.
There were some mis-steps though...no hip fire, reload animation and some odd restrictions when it comes to movement throughout levels.
Overall very good gameplay, with bit more polish/variety/depth would be great, probably even better than Max Payne III.

Most of game's criticism's was around the story, which for some reason they recorded movies for. Pretty damn odd, since game looks great and has pretty good facial animations.

samoilaaa;n7781110 said:
i wonder if this game releases in 2019-2020 when will they have the time to make the other AAA rpg by the end of 2021 that they said?

Space rpg, I'd go with it. Set on a station like Babylon V, maybe even entirely without humans . I want to see CDPR take a shot of creating their own lore/universe from scratch and see how it plays out. They'll likely return to Witcher, though not at least for until they're fully done with game after Cyberpunk.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n7824340 said:
Space rpg, I'd go with it. Set on a station like Babylon V, maybe even entirely without humans . I want to see CDPR take a shot of creating their own lore/universe from scratch and see how it plays out. They'll likely return to Witcher, though not at least for until they're fully done with game after Cyberpunk.

nah id rather get another fantasy rpg like witcher

I would not be surpriced if the other AAA game is Fantasy. So the company goes back and forth between Sci-Fi and Fantasy... which will give most of the people working on the game some time off from doing the same old thing over and over again.

Meccanical;n7822640 said:

Funny thing they actually tried to make this, the witcher 1 was planed to have a character editor where you could create your own witcher there are even demos from that time but soon they realized it was too complicated at the time for them and went the easier rode with a pre set character

My guess is still that the focus is on Gwent for E3 they want to keep the hype train going they startet last year and now with closed beta would be a good time to show the single player campaign ​​​​​
They will for sure show something for Gwent so the question is would they show two trailers from different games at the same event?

dani168;n7820570 said:
Yes, art department seems very strong. But design department looks weak. Marcin Janiszewski, senior designer responsible for translating original pen and paper system to CP2077 RPG had left CDPR. Damien Monnier before he started working od W3 and Gwent worked on CP2077. Ryan Pergent, senior designer also left CDPR. Brad Lansford too. Design department looks weak as f***...

I dont know how u can to tell if something is weak or strong. In Witcher 1 they had very small inexperienced dev team accross all departments, In gameplay design probably few people without "big" names from western europe or US and they were able to make Witcher 1 best in the series by far in terms of rpg mechanics, gameplay systems, combat system (hard difficulty) or alchemy. Even UI is designed superb in Witcher 1 compared to 2 or 3. So yeah...

Last edited:
Well i think i won't expect cyberpunk at the next e3 , because only the people that say "i don't think it will be at e3" get REDpoints , so yeah . to be honest an other year and a half to just see gameplay is too much for me . i prefer stop thinking about it if that's the case. but this also mean that the game will be amazing when comes out . goodbye :D

So this popped up - Marcin Blacha talking about RPGs among other people. http://www.pcgamer.com/what-does-the-future-hold-for-rpgs/

"But he suggests that the key difference between RPGs today and those ten years from now will be the sheer quantity of options. “Because roleplaying gamers love to have options available to them. Just ask anyone who spent hours creating their perfect avatar over and over again before even touching the story. The Holy Grail developers will be striving towards will be a game in which, upon reaching the top of a mountain, you see a breathtaking vista and revel in the thought of the possibilities that await you—as far as the eye can see and beyond.”"

And BEYOND.

I have a thought process; I may be wrong, but it's always a possibility. Since this year is 2017, that is 60 years exactly prior to 2077. Seeing as the last cyberpunk game was 2020, thats only 3 years away. Maybe, just maybe, since its the 60 year anniversary to call it, they may let us either preorder the game or they will show up to e3 having this "huge reveal" saying something like "we're still working on it" then just have a brand new screenshot of the game. Then the game will be released in 2020 as the anniversary date of the old game... Just a thought.

Sardukhar;n7832300 said:
So this popped up - Marcin Blacha talking about RPGs among other people. http://www.pcgamer.com/what-does-the...hold-for-rpgs/

"But he suggests that the key difference between RPGs today and those ten years from now will be the sheer quantity of options. “Because roleplaying gamers love to have options available to them. Just ask anyone who spent hours creating their perfect avatar over and over again before even touching the story. The Holy Grail developers will be striving towards will be a game in which, upon reaching the top of a mountain, you see a breathtaking vista and revel in the thought of the possibilities that await you—as far as the eye can see and beyond.”"

And BEYOND.

i realy hope that cdpr will be able to raise the bar even higher with cyberpunk and make a living open world with cities filled with npc doing their thing with alot of choices that actualy affect the way the story goes
i like witcher 3 its my favourite game but i want something more from cyberpunk
the only thing i hatet about witcher was that i wasnt able to kill the emperor
give the choice :((((

Last edited:
I think we all want to see something new.

Last thing I want from CDPR is for them to start relying on formulas like another developer I know.(Or several I know really)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom