cyberpunk 2077 development challenges

+
cyberpunk 2077 development challenges

Making witcher first is very beneficial for cyberpunk , because now they know how to create an open world and making a non-linear story and a lot more . but making the cyberpunk game and making it right, is challenging ! . So here are some challenges that i think they will be facing :
- how to make any character we create believable as a predefined character .
- how to voice any character we create with undefined personality .
- optimising the game to support amazing graphics and features that the cyberpunk world is known for in ps4/xbox one .
- creating an amazing story without the help of books like witcher.
- adapting pen & paper rules to the game .
- how to have the feeling of the cyberpunk world .
- how to make multiplayer ( even though i don't care about it :p )
these are hardest challenges that i can think of , if you can think of other challenges share them with us :)

Zero concerns about characters, world, art or ambiance...cyberpunk will fit CDPR like a glove. They improved with making their games run better and better, all the way back from Witcher I.
Story? Witcher came with a lot of baggage and was more of a hindrance ( in my opinion)...biggest problem is pacing( in an open world) and tackling too many characters leaving some undeveloped.
For first exploration should play a larger role ( instead of meet character x, go to location x and discover/dig up clues on your own, on how to continue) and for second a more focused plot involving a few main characters, instead of GTA parade ( of mostly charicatures).

Biggest issues will be:
- Controls and Targeting systems...three games in a row, we see exactly the same problems.
- No experience with driving, shooting, stealth or multiplayer
- Rpg mechanics...from stats, skills, varied quest design, dialogue

For all three, CDPR should consider hiring more experienced people (and see it as investment in future of the company). They excel at artistic aspect of game design, but ( as still a fairly young company) their technical skills ( and experience/knowledge in gameplay design) are behind. Dozen Bloody Baron questlines will not matter here as much as basic technical improvements.
It's really up to them on how much they're willing to recognize this.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n7845580 said:
Dozen Bloody Baron questlines will not matter here as much as basic technical improvements.
It's really up to them on how much they're willing to recognize this.

Whoah. I would take a dozen quests as good as that over technical improvements and call myself a fortunate player.

Other than that, yeah, I agree with your summation.

I'm just worried that Cyberpunk 2077 will be the next Duke Nukem Forever. I doubt that will be the case however.

Sardukhar;n7845910 said:
Whoah. I would take a dozen quests as good as that over technical improvements and call myself a fortunate player.
Since I have little-to-no interest in action or FPS games I'd be overjoyed if all the quests were as good as the "Bloody Baron" and the other technical improvements were minimal.
But, hey, it's me, what else would you expect. :cool:

garayba;n7844820 said:
- how to voice any character we create with undefined personality .

There's a very simple and cost-effective solution to that. I think you can guess it.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n7845580 said:
- Rpg mechanics...from stats, skills, varied quest design, dialogue

That's really the biggest deal with the whole game. You can push everything else aside until you have that figured out.

all those topics are covered, quality is assured the wicher games proved that
what worries me is color grading and cut content
ambience, environments, graphics, characerters, story all that will be as best as possibl, no doubt,
besides they don't need to follow the rules of books, they can invent more now
they must respect the rules and lore of the pen paper game,

the game will be as much optimized as possibl, and it will get more updates after release so no worries

Also if I may add..
-Vehicle physics that's not gonna be like Ghost Recon Wildlands or Watch Dogs 1.
-Enemy A.I. that's gonna keep combat feeling fresh, lethal and non-exploitable.

Mk3rd;n7883700 said:
Also if I may add..
-Vehicle physics that's not gonna be like Ghost Recon Wildlands or Watch Dogs 1.
-Enemy A.I. that's gonna keep combat feeling fresh, lethal and non-exploitable.

I want the AI to be smart and not exploitable, have different tactics for attacking/pursuing the player, like let's say Metal Gear Solid 2 (for it's time it was pretty great) If Cyberpunk 2077 has smart and adaptive AI that covers your every move. It could be interesting (though I don't want the enemy AI to be bullet sponges in harder modes).

Yesterday a new thing came up my mind.
I started playing Resident Evil 7 a few days ago and like The Evil Within and many other Japanese games the controls suck. I'm not sure if this is on purpose or if this is a thing that Japanese developers don't get right (because they are used to consoles??)

The controls feel very clunky, and the reaction time is somehow slow and you get easily stuck somewhere. Some Older games I played were even more annoying, it took a few seconds till the character started to move after you pressed a button/the stick and it took some time to gain full speed. Also the minimum area of moving (minimum steps you could move in a direction) was quite big.

The Witcher games had a similar issue. It was quite big in TW2 and got better in TW3 but was still noticeable, especially a short delay between pressing the button and performing the action. That's why I switched to play with controller instead of keyboard, the stick and the buttons somehow minimized the response delay that I had with keyboard.

I don't know if I'm the only one who notices this, but I see a big difference to games like Skyrim where you can make small steps, have a quite small turning circle and the character responds immediately even on short key presses.

Maybe it is due to low effort on porting console games to PC/designing games more for consoles than PC or maybe CDPR had some other issues with that.

I hope in CP77 the controls feel more responsive and not like a shitty port.

Top Bottom