Too much hype?

+
Suhiira;n7995190 said:
Yep, REDengine, same one, with upgrades, they're using for CP2077.

I suspect not. The engine they are using now is probably way too different to call it an upgrade. Most probably it's rewritten almost from scratch (I'm talking about graphics part).

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n8019300 said:
I suspect not. The engine they are using now is probably way too different to call it an upgrade. Most probably it's rewritten almost from scratch (I'm talking about graphics part).

Call it v4.0 ... v1.0 being Witcher 1, v2.0 Witcher 2 ...

lord_blex;n8019380 said:
actually witcher 1 was a completely different engine :D
I know, it doesn't matter in this context..
OOPS!

Call it v3.0 ... v1.0 being Witcher 2, v2.0 Witcher 3.
Don't want anyone pulling a "She said one thing wrong therefore everything she's ever said is a lie." on me like the mainstream media is so fond of doing.

Last edited:
I am excited for CP2077 mainly because I love Cyberpunk literature, movies and games. That being said I don't think I am overhyped on this yet as there are too many other things out that I want to play right now like

Breath of the Wild (Playing it, fantastic)
Mass Effect Andromeda (SOON DAMNIT!)
Ni-Oh( You got your history in my mythical Japanese demonology!)
Horizon Zero Dawn (I've always wanted to kill Megatron with a bow)
Nier: Automata (Androids and swords and old machines to kill!)
Persona 5 (Do I really need to explain this one?!)

And I'm sure I've missed one or two in there.

Cyberpunk will get here when it does and it will be great.

I mean... I played through Syndicate (the new one, not the great one) and it was okay. This has to be better than that.

Last edited:
Gilrond-i-Virdan;n8019300 said:

Suhiira;n8019330 said:
Call it v4.0 ... v1.0 being Witcher 1, v2.0 Witcher 2 ...

REDengine 1 was for Witcher 2... and Redengine 2 was made for the enhanced edition of Witcher 2.

The game engine Cyberpunk 2077 is being made on is the "REDengine 3"... which is the same engine they used for Witcher 3. It was specificly made for, and with, open world gaming and enviroments in mind.

Calistarius;n8029660 said:
REDengine 1 was for Witcher 2... and Redengine 2 was made for the enhanced edition of Witcher 2.

The game engine Cyberpunk 2077 is being made on is the "REDengine 3"... which is the same engine they used for Witcher 3. It was specificly made for, and with, open world gaming and enviroments in mind.
Thanks for the clarification.

But I think this is also a big risk for CDPR. I mean we trust them, especially people that are there since TW1 and TW3 got a lot of mainstream attention. Giving hints about a game and then go silent for years causes of course a big hype, or at least expectations. Just look at this forum, it is full of wishes, expectations, etc. when CDPR officially announces CP2077 people easily could get disappointed.

Well... there will always be people disappointed no matter what a developer does. So that is in a lot of ways a none-issue.

The devs just have to make the game they want to make, and not care all to much about what all the gamers around them might think about what they are making. Which might sound like the wrong thing to do to many people... but game developers has no obligation what so ever to make the game that each and every individual gamer might want them to make... even if that has been exactly the game they have always made befor. Because no matter what kind of game CDPR makes when it comes to CP2077, it will most likely find it's audience who love it... and that might just end up not being some of us here on this forum.

I personally do think that I will probably like this game no matter what kind they end up making, because when it comes to the RPG genre of games I do tend to like most kinds of them. I might not like every single rpg game in every single type of rpg genre (and there are a lot of them that I do not like, or at the very least I feel "meh" about them), but that does more tend to come down to the games them selves (something in that particular game which did not work for me) and not the kind of rpg genre they are in... even if I do like some rpg genres more than others.

In a lot of ways I do think I am lucky, that I tend to have a much broader selection of rpg genres that I like, and/or find acceptable. And at the same time I find a broader selection of quality levels to be acceptable as well... as long as there is atleast something in the game that draws me in and keeps me playing of course. This does means that the chance of me not finding something new to play that I like, at any given time, is fairly low.

I think it's very wise that they are silent at this point, that way when it does come close to release it will seem as though it's out of the blue! Anticipation is the best marketing technique that there is!...Hell, it's an insta-buy from me!

Last edited:
I am on the fence really. I am extremely impatient and wish i had this game right now but i do understand the longer we wait, the better it gets. I wish they would show us something, but at the same time i see why they don't. Either way, I know deep down that this will be a great game and I am looking forward to it.

after watching the mass effect andromeda reviews disaster, i immedaitely thought of schrodinger!

as long as there no new news, the game is PERFECT!

i'm positively sure that cp77 willl be epic compared to that disappointment.

tropit9;n8150800 said:
after watching the mass effect andromeda reviews disaster, i immedaitely thought of schrodinger!

as long as there no new news, the game is PERFECT!

i'm positively sure that cp77 willl be epic compared to that disappointment.

I'm not disappointed at all.

People expect -way- too much for their $60. Not everything is going to be Witcher 3. It's a solid 7/10 game and fun at that.

Hype isn't the issue - entitlement generally is. "I want!" is not "I deserve!"

Sardukhar;n8153290 said:
People expect -way- too much for their $60. Not everything is going to be Witcher 3. It's a solid 7/10 game and fun at that.

This.

If someone else wants to point me towards another 60 hour plus space opera that features RPG mechanics actual story and exploration I'd be happy to see it

Yeah... and most of these reviews that has come out for MEA have only been on the first 10'ish or so hours of the game. We will probably have to wait atleast another week or maybe even 2 befor we will actually have some proper word on the game.

And in my mind you can not judge such a game, a roleplaying game, on the first 5-15 hours alone... you have barely started by that time. Most RPG's out there tend to run somewhere around atleast 40-50 hours, if not 90-100+ hours in some cases... or heck even a lot more then that if you try and do everything in them... some of the RPG's I have played over the years I have spent hundreds of hours in.

Also... there tends to be a huge amount of hyperbole going around from this "Internet mob"... you know the one... that internet mob which keeps moving around form thing to thing to be outraged about, who with pitchforks and tourches go around banging at what ever door they can find because they are sure there is some kind of monster behind it or something, and if noone opens the door they set the place on fire because how dare those people not respond to them... and for the most part it is from people who either knows nothing about the subject, or has not actually played the game, or are just going with the flow because everybody else is doing it. It is also pretty funny to see people complain about things in a game, which where also a thing in previous games where nobody gave it more thought then "this is not compleatly right" or something. Even the most loved games out there tends to have faults with them, sometimes even exactly the same as games which get's burned on the stake for the same thing.

I also don't feel that you can judge a game by listening to others... sure, you can get an idea, IF the person your listening to has identical thoughts and likes and ideas etc as you do... so in my mind the only sure way to actually know if something is good or not, is to actually play it your self... AND for long enough to get far enough into the game to get an actual good idea what is going on with the game, and what kind of game it actually is. If I had listend to most people about games, then I would probably never have played something like half of all the games I really like or love. Same thing with other things as well, be it tv-series, or books, or what ever.

Now... once I finally can get my hand on MEA... and if at such a time I then where to come back and say "Yeah... it's crap...", then you can be sure that Bioware has totally screwed up... because I am an extreamly forgiving guy when it comes to things which are within my general wheelhouse. And it takes a lot for me to reach some kind of breaking point where I can no longer stand what ever it is. I have a hard time thinking that I will not like MEA though... just as I have a very hard time thinking that I will not like Cyberpunk 2077, no matter what kind of a game it ends up being in the end. I mean there is always a chance, but it seems pretty slim at this moment in time, and I tend to prefer to think positive with things like this. :)

This... This is hype.

orb7bha.png

Sardukhar;n8153290 said:

Hype isn't the issue - entitlement generally is. "I want!" is not "I deserve!"

are you suggesting i somewhat feel entitled to a briliant game for my money? you are not entirely mistaken but thatisnot what this was about.

it was part ranting for blakout on cp77 which im hyper hyped for,

and in larger part, a disappointment from a game 5 years +- in dev which i from BIOWARE not some novice indie comapny. the lazy animations, which somewhat seems worsrt than dragon agw inqusisition which was a very good game.

thay had the time, reasources,talent and money to deliver more. not every game can have the bang to buck ration as witcher trilogy or shadow warrior (the new ones) or dying light in my opinion, but from bioware i expected more, if this is entitlement, in your opinion, so be it.

LexAnarchy;n8162070 said:
I'm confident that the long wait will be worth it.

Hopefully it is.

It's not always the case, though. I waited 10 years for Fallout 3 and what I got was handful of shit and the series gone for good.

Top Bottom