technical dream rpg thread

+
technical dream rpg thread

first and foremost, please PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGER ON top, don't make it a platform war thread, i hate those,+ sardukhar will lighting strike this thread, so no, just no.

now most of us seen the rumours regrading red engine 4, the meag evolotion of red engine 3, and from what i want to belive, is part of the "much bigger than the already grand vision" that is cp77.

now besides all the fancy graphical effects it and nice texture suppurt it will probabbly have (witcher 3 8k is a thing now, look it up) w would like it to have pc hardarw options, such as:

1) utilaize more than 4 cores. 16 threads.

6 and 8 core cpu bemonig more and more affordable, might i evan say a standart. as was in the past when first spring of game started utilize more than one/two core efficiently on games, i'd like this game to realy take advantage of extream cpu, 10 cores 20 thread style utilazation.

2)ubersampling enabled from the game menu.

witcher 2 back when it first got out, run fairly well on high end pc,and okey for most medium gaming rigs, however, only some seroius oc 4 way sli were able to run it with ubersampling on. this is basically dsr that game use itself, those don't need to realy ib gpu panel twicking. it also made the witcher 2 future proof graphicaly wise, it is still one of the most beasutiful games on pc to this date.
i'd like them to give it back to us, and evan better, make it level aplicable (2x,4x.8x) like they did with hairworks. and no hbao+ is not ubersamping. don't belive me? run witcher 2 with and without on max. have fun :)

3) better suppurt for multygpu users- i persoanlly don't like sli nor crossfire, but people use them. it really cool. and such grand projekt should take benefits of such gpu power. also generally. it should squeeze graphic usage to the max, so that it can reamin futureproof ib terms of graphic as the witcher 3.

4)for consoles, this game should have an auto scale option for future consoles (ps5, xbox 2077) so that conssole gamers can gain an improvment when played on more powerfull platform.also, please push the performance to the limit, but not for the price of frame drops, this is very anoying on console and witcher 3 updated made HUGE improvments comparing to day one. but you can do better, your CDPR.

would like to hear your opinions about that, more technical wishes and again, no platform wars.

Well, I'll be happy if CDPR puts 1/4 as much effort into stability and bug squashing as they do, say, horse animation. AV-4 animation whatever.

I love 'em, but every game comes out with some pretty serious bugs. Witcher 3 managed to lose ( a lot of) frames a few patches in, for example.

Stabilize to 99% reliability first, then work on optimization.

Sardukhar;n8576090 said:
Well, I'll be happy if CDPR puts 1/4 as much effort into stability and bug squashing as they do, say, horse animation. AV-4 animation whatever.

I love 'em, but every game comes out with some pretty serious bugs. Witcher 3 managed to lose ( a lot of) frames a few patches in, for example.

Stabilize to 99% reliability first, then work on optimization.

i agree, simple technical stabilty and less bugs will make me happy as well. but after the patches they tend to publish for games, the witcher 3 looks like night and late twilight time comapred realse to goty. not night and day mind you, there are still bugs, but wayyyy less. so i am okay with the ironing out the bugs with patches.

remeber there are a lots' of setups and builds out there, and don't forget that they will have to worl around system updtaes for the platform. windows 10 for example is very goo in my opinion, yet some of it updates tend to break stuff. lucky the compatibility modes are aslo very good.

certin bugs also only occcur/ appear only on certin unseen situations.

also 5 )maybe utilzie a 4 thread memory chaneel to technicaly improve performance.

Sardukhar;n8576090 said:
I'd trade a few fps' for stability, really.

metalmaniac21;n8580960 said:
I'd trade a few fps' for stability, really.

Thirded. the motion passes.

tropit9;n8564580 said:
and 8 core cpu bemonig more and more affordable, might i evan say a standart.

not even a little bit true. since desktops aren't even the most common PC any more.

tropit9;n8564580 said:
better support for multi gpu users- i personally don't like sli nor crossfire, but people use them. it really cool. and such grand projekt should take benefits of such gpu power. also generally. it should squeeze graphic usage to the max, so that it can remain futureproof ib terms of graphic as the witcher 3.

supporting 1% of an already niche part of the market isn't good for anyone. least of all the Dev's, which is why the support for it is dying out. it doesn't future proof it at all.

Top Bottom