idea regarding the physical release.

+
idea regarding the physical release.

so in the style of the witcher series, this game is probably going to have a physical relese. thus far, the games were releasd on a cd, which is an old and sommwhat fading technology.

insted of realsing physical copies on a cd, release the game on a usb stick. with the game logo burned/ etched on the stick. not everyone today has a dvd drive in their pc, but all the platform the game is designd for have a usb hubs. it has many advantages

1) it is more portable.
2)more relibale and long lasting , does not get scrached or broken as easly as a cd does.
3) it will make a buzz, distinguish the physical release of the game from other relases, and cdpr KNOWS the value of publicity and buzz.
4) it has eunigh space to accomodate the large game files. and evan more optional contact as a digital artbook or ost.

that said it probably be a lot more expansive, and require alot of work to produce, maybe a limited collector's run?

cyberpunk is a futuristic, cutting edge game, a futuristic physical media to contain it fits, in my opinion.

I'd say, to be in line with the retrofuturistic theme, what with your NMT flip phones and so on, they should release it on MiniDisc.

No matter what, it needs to come in a case so I can display it on me shelf!

Last edited:
I've gone virtual ... small apartment ... these days I buy everything via Steam or GOG.

tropit9;n8641110 said:
so in the style of the witcher series, this game is probably going to have a physical relese. thus far, the games were releasd on a cd, which is an old and sommwhat fading technology.

insted of realsing physical copies on a cd, release the game on a usb stick. with the game logo burned/ etched on the stick. not everyone today has a dvd drive in their pc, but all the platform the game is designd for have a usb hubs. it has many advantages
Ehm... are you sure you mean "cd" in reference to the Witcher games? Because that would mean you would get The Witcher 1 on something like 7-10 discs (or how ever many you would need) to be able to install the game... for Witcher 3 you would probably need double that (if not more).

Your standard CD could only hold about 700mb. Where as a standard, single sided, single layered, DVD can hold about 4.7gig. And a standard single layer Blu-ray can hold 25 gig.

Also... the reason I am pretty certain that an usb stick would not be a good answer to replace things on CD, DVD, or Blu-Ray, is due to that usb flash memory sticks are more expensive then a single CD/DVD/Blu-Ray. I would probably not be far off if I said a usb stick would be 10 times more expensive then a single Blu-Ray disc. Granted, buying a Blu-Ray player can be fairly expensive, atleast compared to the cost of getting usb ports for your computer. Still though... people have always been complaining about that videogames are way to expensive... so adding another 10+% extra cost on top of the current price because they would come on USB isntead? Yeah, people would not be happy about that. XD

Ive not had DVD/CD drive since 2010 - and never needed it, so the idea has merrit, but did W3 cd have any DRM on it? I mean anyone could just pass the cd on I know, but passing usb - sounds just so much more easier?

Gizmo0;n8659130 said:
Ive not had DVD/CD drive since 2010 - and never needed it, so the idea has merrit, but did W3 cd have any DRM on it? I mean anyone could just pass the cd on I know, but passing usb - sounds just so much more easier?

No DRM, but the thing about it that made many fans mad, was that only a small portion of the game was located on the disc, the rest you had to download from GOG, was a headache for those with a slow internet connection.

Last edited:
i personally will gladly pay a premium for a usb with all the digital goodies loading on it. furthermore, i think extra free space for future upgrades will be great too. the ability to sort of firmware the drive to a goty version with final updates somewhere in the future, and ofcourse the abilety to connect to gog servers to update MANUALY, NOT AUTOMATICALY. i do not have a cd drive in my pc too, and though i have gone digiatl (gog&steam) i still love physical media, but only if it's drm free and self contained. that is one of the reasons i adore gog. being able to make a backup of favorite games, on external hard drive is awesome. if internet connection fails/non exist, i can still enjoy my games. and cyber punk suposed to have "amazing single player campaigns"

and i hope that a release version of the game should not be internet dependable an all on the cd/ hopefully usb :)

Top Bottom