Becoming Famous in the game ?

+
Becoming Famous in the game ?

How about an option to become super famous and rich. like if you pick the rockerboy role you become the next Katie Perry or Madonna in the game?
Or if you pick corporate you become the next Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or any of the other yuppie app billionaires.
Netrunner you become Mendax/Assange...

what do you guys think? no game has ever done this..

animalfather;n8690900 said:
what do you guys think? no game has ever done this..

Well, aren't most games a bit like this? In that the protagonist typically becomes some world-saving superhero. Also, didn't RED state that they're not going that route, meaning that it's about the character and their personal adventures, and not some huge global plot and so on? Becoming globally famous would definitely be more of the latter category.

Sydanyo;n8691470 said:
Well, aren't most games a bit like this? In that the protagonist typically becomes some world-saving superhero. Also, didn't RED state that they're not going that route, meaning that it's about the character and their personal adventures, and not some huge global plot and so on? Becoming globally famous would definitely be more of the latter category.

i know they said that ur not a commander shephard trying to save the world ur trying to save yourself and i LOVE THAT. but however this could be an end game option. i mean becoming famous doesnt necessarily help the world.

Cyberpunk 2020 characters have a modifier called "Reputation", that is a rough measurement of their street fame or infamy. And it can modify some social interactions and can even be used in combat in some situations. So, I believe they will add something similar. But not that the NET54 news will be talking about the PC by name.

Sydanyo;n8691470 said:

You know what would be cool? If the game gave the player the choice of being or not famous. Some of us doens't want to be treated like semi-gods in the streets, it'd be nice to be abble to do things in the shadows and stay anonymous through the game.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8737030 said:
You know what would be cool? If the game gave the player the choice of being or not famous. Some of us doens't want to be treated like semi-gods in the streets, it'd be nice to be abble to do things in the shadows and stay anonymous through the game.

Indeed, I wholeheartedly agree. I often like to play games as a bit of a loner, lone wolf -type, affecting events with my actions, sure, but staying away from the limelight.

For a solo, or a netrunner, even a corporate, it would be a great boon to stay off the radar. For a cop, also, for the purposes of undercover work. Media, rockerboy, on the other hand, would both probably need the fame to justify their special ability; I mean, rockerboy is charismatic, and media is credible, but once you're 10/10 in either of those, people tend to remember your name, and spread it around.

A fixer would have to be known by his or her contacts, and a nomad would have a large family, but other than that they, too, could stick to the shadows a bit, although both of these roles would definitely be easier to find, the higher their special ability is. For a tech/medtech it might not matter much either way. In the case of the corporate, people might know that someone is the head of a company, but that someone might be an elusive figure, only known by a moniker, so as said earlier, it might be good to stay off the radar.

Will be interesting to see how the plotlines work, and if there are factions you join, and whether you raise in the ranks within those factions, and whether you gain reputation, and so on.

As a rockerboy or media, perhaps also corporate, I could see people on the street talking to / yelling at you when you walk by, as they recognize you. Other than that, not so much I'm thinking. Should stay pretty anonymous.

In most games we get famous at some point, and moreover super rich. Sometimes game even acknowledges our riches.

However i would not even be interested in leaving my lair, however option to pimp my lair would be nice.

felixsylvaris;n8745990 said:
In most games we get famous at some point, and moreover super rich. Sometimes game even acknowledges our riches.

But that's what Lisbeth was saying, though; it would be cool if this game wouldn't be quite like those other games, and would let you stay anonymous. Rich and anonymous is fine, though.

felixsylvaris;n8745990 said:
However i would not even be interested in leaving my lair, however option to pimp my lair would be nice.

In that other thread there you were complaining about how true fans are pushing the game to become more of a sim. What's more like a sim, than having a lair you can pimp out, and play house in? I mean, not trying to make trouble here, but you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit there. :cool:

" Look, the drek I do on the streets is MY BUISNESS...and I sure HELL don't want to be famous for it." Nikki Phlem Fixer at large.

Being famous would seriously curtail your ability to blend in. Hell, just getting away from fans and critics alike could be a whole kind of mission on its own. I imagine it would be interesting once or twice, but pall very rapidly. I think our characters should be happy in the knowledge that they have done exactly what they want to do without necessarily being famous for it.

Also while "15 minutes of fame" can happen from essentially random things "real" fame is earned by long-term or "innovative/revolutionary" acts. You don't earn lasting fame overnight.

Top Bottom