Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
AlterRektMLG;n7247800 said:
Hey aren't you Corvo?
I think you are in some CS:GO stuff too, right?

Yup, it's me! But I quit CS:GO, time to move around and explore a new world... ;)

Best regards!

I'm not that into Jazz, personally, but much like I said it would be cool to be able to customize our character's and safehouses' looks to what we think is cyberpunk, including aesthetics from other 'punk sci-fi subgenres... I also think there should be a Jazz radio station for that hardboiled detective feel that many associate with cyberpunk.

Decatonkeil;n7363160 said:
I'm not that into Jazz, personally, but much like I said it would be cool to be able to customize our character's and safehouses' looks to what we think is cyberpunk, including aesthetics from other 'punk sci-fi subgenres... I also think there should be a Jazz radio station for that hardboiled detective feel that many associate with cyberpunk.

Speaking of jazz, I've been listening to Amon Tobin's Supermodified a lot lately and it's probably one of my favorite albums ever now. I really unique blend of electronic and jazz samples. It creates this awesome neo-noir vibe to the whole album.

The whole album is great, and it would be sick to here CP77 to take influences from it.

Decatonkeil;n7498060 said:
Did yall say synthwave?

This gets us back into the question of what style direction this game is taking and as a tyro, it isn't that clear to me. Is this game futuristic or retrofuturistic? If retro, then synthwave would be entirely appropriate. Personally, I'm in favor of the retro direction because I think it would be more focused (look at the muddle in the Cyberpunk Source thread) and if done well would do for cyberpunk what Fallout did for Atompunk. That's just imo and I could live with it either way but would suggest that whichever way it goes, it should go whole hog rather than half measures.

Scottgun;n7498810 said:
This gets us back into the question of what style direction this game is taking and as a tyro, it isn't that clear to me. Is this game futuristic or retrofuturistic? If retro, then synthwave would be entirely appropriate. Personally, I'm in favor of the retro direction because I think it would be more focused (look at the muddle in the Cyberpunk Source thread) and if done well would do for cyberpunk what Fallout did for Atompunk. That's just imo and I could live with it either way but would suggest that whichever way it goes, it should go whole hog rather than half measures.

The way I'd go to please everybody would be an approach of: What is cyberpunk to you? Customize your experience.

Give us radio stations of different styles, clothing of different styles, customizable cars, bikes and safehouses.

Say the 20's are back and they're really future 80's. Say the 3X's are fashionable again, even if ironically, and they're really future 90's or future early 2000's.
If that's my thing I can go all Vangelis and Jazz, wear a trenchcoat and play my Cop role as a gumshoe detective.
If your thing is going all biocyber, listening to industrial metal or darkwave or rave or whatever go all dreadlocks and gasmasks and shit, nobody's stopping you.

Say all of these flavours of Cyberpunk are different in-universe aesthetics and urban tribes and it all can coexist.

Decatonkeil;n7500770 said:
The way I'd go to please everybody would be an approach of: What is cyberpunk to you? Customize your experience.

Give us radio stations of different styles, clothing of different styles, customizable cars, bikes and safehouses.

Say the 20's are back and they're really future 80's. Say the 3X's are fashionable again, even if ironically, and they're really future 90's or future early 2000's.
If that's my thing I can go all Vangelis and Jazz, wear a trenchcoat and play my Cop role as a gumshoe detective.
If your thing is going all biocyber, listening to industrial metal or darkwave or rave or whatever go all dreadlocks and gasmasks and shit, nobody's stopping you.

Say all of these flavours of Cyberpunk are different in-universe aesthetics and urban tribes and it all can coexist.

Sounds good on paper but I think the designers still have to commit to an overall aesthetic/mood because already I can hear the critical feedback: "This game suffers from not knowing what it wants to be and ends up being little to anyone."

Last edited:
Scottgun;n7501940 said:
Sounds good on paper but I think the designers still have to commit to an overall aesthetic/mood because already I can hear the critical feedback: "This game suffers from not knowing what it wants to be and ends up being little to anyone."
Also keep in mind the amount to time and resources such a thing would take.
Nice in concept, impractical in application.

Top Bottom