Map scale for Night City?

+
Map scale for Night City?

Hello Folks,
By chance, does anyone know the map scale for the the city of Night City?

Thanks,

Hal
​​​​​​​

Do you mean..the map in the main book or the Night City sourcebook?

I..don't know if they used a scale, actually. It kind of looks like the NC book has one, but, yeah, never heard of it or needed it really. Just went with "one city block" thinking of your fairly standard 4 to 6 hundred foot-long, (150 to 200 meters) city block.

Why? Trying to build a model? That'd be cool!

Sardukhar;n7227930 said:
Do you mean..the map in the main book or the Night City sourcebook?

I..don't know if they used a scale, actually. It kind of looks like the NC book has one, but, yeah, never heard of it or needed it really. Just went with "one city block" thinking of your fairly standard 4 to 6 hundred foot-long, (150 to 200 meters) city block.

Why? Trying to build a model? That'd be cool!

I wouldn't say so much a model as I'd say an enhanced map. I've picked up a copy of the boxed set of Cyberpunk (for Cyberpunk 2013) and can compare the Night City maps from there, CP2020 and the Night City source book.

Couple that with my ownership of CAMPAIGN CARTOGRAPHER by Profantasy, and you begin to see what I'm intrigued by and wanting to do for my own campaign worlds. Toss in Fantasy Grounds 2, and suddenly, I can reach an audience through the net with online gaming should I so desire. I currently run one campaign one on one with a player using GURPS and the NIGHT CITY source book.

Ah well, if there isn't an actual scale, then I'll have to figure out the best fit based upon the actual map drawings (as if they were to scale) and research online, the normal width of city streets. From there, it would be a function of filling in the missing information as I go.

Stuff I wish had been included in the maps?

Streams and Rivers. Since there is a bay nearby, one would expect that there are streams that empty into the bay, since water flows downhill to sea level. Where are they? I could say more, but I'll behave. ;)

I almost forgot to mention...

I'm not certain what the policy here is about posting links to another forum or not, but there is a thread discussing the creation of a city kit for random buildings with random business in it (amongst other things). The forum is VIEWS FROM THE EDGE, and the thread title is "A cyberpunk city kit, what would you include?". That is one snazzy thread let me tell you. If the people put together a PDF and sold that at rpgnow.com, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. This would be ideal for use with GMs who want to run a CP campagin set in Night CIty or any other cyberpunk campaign for that matter.

Top Bottom