PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - Characters and Discussion

+
Suhiira;n8432910 said:
Take a look at the revised post above concerning your language skills.

I'll assume they're off someplace handling "business" while you're out here prowling the night.
So ... one of them will act as the bands manager ... you can make suggestions but an NPC band member will make the decisions.

Knocked seduction down to 1 since he has tech to bump it up if he needs to turn on the charm. I'd assume that means he's...complete? If so, just tell me what I'm doing and I'll get him into a scene.

I can accept that. That sounds like a great idea to me!

Soldowner;n8433010 said:
Knocked seduction down to 1 since he has tech to bump it up if he needs to turn on the charm. I'd assume that means he's...complete? If so, just tell me what I'm doing and I'll get him into a scene.
Looks done to me ... you have stats ... skills ... cyberware ... equipment ... a background.

For the moment you're not going to be with the rest of the team, for obvious reasons, BUT we'll put you in the same video game center ... keep in mind you've never seen Hernando in your life if you speak to him.

Let me worry about how to get you together with them, just play your character.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n8433130 said:
Looks done to me ... you have stats ... skills ... cyberware ... equipment ... a background.

For the moment you're not going to be with the rest of the team, for obvious reasons, BUT we'll put you in the same video game center ... keep in mind you've never seen Hernando in your life if you speak to him.

Let me worry about how to get you together with them, just play your character.

Now? As in...right now? -stretches writing muscles- I'll try not to look like a doofus.

Oh yeah ...
Might want to incorporate your cyber into your stats/skills just so it isn't accidently missed.
So ...

MA- 2 (4), run: 6 (12), leap: .25 (1)

Awareness- 0(2 Tactile)
Seduction-1(3)
Persuade & Fast Talk-0(1)
Perform (Sing)-6(8)

Suhiira;n8433640 said:
Oh yeah ...
Might want to incorporate your cyber into your stats/skills just so it isn't accidently missed.
So ...

MA- 2 (4), run: 6 (12), leap: .25 (1)

Awareness- 0(2 Tactile)
Seduction-1(3)
Persuade & Fast Talk-0(1)
Perform (Sing)-6(8)

My bad. It's been taken care of!

I currently have a sketch of Setsuna prepared thanks to a wonderful artist I know. I'd like to show you the sketch, and the completed version when it's done. If you'd like to see it, anyway.

Soldowner;n8456070 said:
I currently have a sketch of Setsuna prepared thanks to a wonderful artist I know. I'd like to show you the sketch, and the completed version when it's done. If you'd like to see it, anyway.
Sure, scan it and add it to your character data post.

Suhiira;n8456470 said:
Sure, scan it and add it to your character data post.

Setsuna is complete, and his picture is above his stats! Enjoy the fully colored and shaded version!

Soldowner;n8527480 said:
Setsuna is complete, and his picture is above his stats! Enjoy the fully colored and shaded version!
I take it you plan to add a cyber arm at some point?

Nice pic!

Suhiira;n8527530 said:
I take it you plan to add a cyber arm at some point?

Nice pic!

I do. I planned on getting ti at creation, but cyber arms are expensive! It's definitely on my list of "things I should get".

And thank you! It wasn't a very expensive picture to make, but it's beautiful all the same. Setsuna is nice and pretty too thanks to my artist! Reeeally shows that high attractiveness score of his!

Last edited:
OK ... time to discuss your band mates and roadies.
We get them settled tack them onto the bottom of your character sheet so they're easy to find.

I'm seeing a drummer (who doesn't sing but can do harmony), keyboards, bass guitar, and a (non singing) general wind instruments type.
Possibly one pure vocalist IF you don't want to be the lead vocalist.
A manager (corporate) to deal with all the booking and keeping you housed and fed, and one roadie (electronics tech) to do all the necessary grunt work.

Sound good?

Last edited:
Suhiira;n8534990 said:
OK ... time to discuss your band mates and roadies.
We get them settled tack them onto the bottom of your character sheet so they're easy to find.

I'm seeing a drummer (who doesn't sing but can do harmony), keyboards, bass guitar, and a (non singing) general wind instruments type.
Possibly one pure vocalist IF you don't want to be the lead vocalist.
A manager (corporate) to deal with all the booking and keeping you housed and fed, and one roadie (electronics tech) to do all the necessary grunt work.

Sound good?

This sounds good to me! Setsuna will take the lead vocalist role. I think he can handle it. Should I put this all on his character sheet now, or do you have more information that I should add on?

Last edited:
Soldowner;n8535110 said:
This sounds good to me! Setsuna will take the lead vocalist role. I think he can handle it. Should I put this all on his character sheet now, or do you have more information that I should add on?
Not yet ... names, genders, some basic personality traits.

(( Stand by while I work on filling in the details. ))

Bass Guitar
Tsubasa Aikawa (nickname: Kyaputen - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Tsubasa )

Has a HUGE collection of tapes of various internationally famous bands and singers starting with 1920's jazz and going to the latest top band. He spends a lot of time analyzing what makes certain music a "hit" as opposed to just "good".
Also plays chikuzen-biwa, but not quite to "professional" standards.

Drummer
Maiko Hashira (female)

(( Lou Shiru maybe? ))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35zmHAUutgM

Actually lived in America as a child and young teen so her American English is flawless, she also understands the various cultural oddities, the rest of you come to her when something Americans do seems to make no sense.
Doesn't sing very well but can harmonize in the background.
Traditional western drum set.

Keyboards
Akinori Sawada

Akinori is actually a classically trained a concert pianist. While he loves Bach, Mozart, and Toru Takemitsu he prefers working in a band rather then an orchestra. Besides, in a band he gets to play his instrument of choice most of the time.
Primarily electric organ, really likes harpsichords, piano isn't a favorite.

Wind Instruments
Daigo Konda (nickname: The Beast - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daigo_Umehara )

Daigo is something of a hentai junkie and constantly has a groupie or two ... three ... ten ... sharing his bed. The rest of you insist he have his own room whenever possible because of this.
Doesn't sing at all (and you REALLY don't want him to), but a wiz with his instruments.
Plays clarinet, saxophone, shakuhachi, and trumpet equally well.

Manager
Hiroshige Hakuryu

Frankly no one really likes Hiro, but everyone respects his ability to get you gigs and manage the day-to-day mundane aspects of running a band. This allows you to concentrate on your performance and composition without needing to worry about where you're going to sleep or how you're getting to and from a concert.

Roadie
Misaki Chiura

Doesn't get along with Hiroshige very well, considers him to concerned with profit side of things as opposed to the "message". That and the (in his opinion) substandard equipment Hiro keeps trying to get him to use. "You want quality music you need a quality sound system."

Last edited:
Suhiira;n8537060 said:
Stand by while I work on filling in the details ... if you have suggestions for names feel free

I can do that. Six names, and one female name.

Female Name: Maiko Hashira

Male Names: Tsubasa Aikawa, Akinori Sawada, Daigo Konda, Hiroshige Hakuryu(I personally recommend this for the manager), Misaki Chiura

Would like to play if there's a spot. Old skool gamer here. Used to read Gibson's stuff ages ago and somehow fell into a cyberpunk fit. I have 2020 and I'm reading over it, getting the feel for the rules. Let me know something okay?

Chrome_Boy;n8628970 said:
Would like to play if there's a spot. Old skool gamer here. Used to read Gibson's stuff ages ago and somehow fell into a cyberpunk fit. I have 2020 and I'm reading over it, getting the feel for the rules. Let me know something okay?
More the merrier!
Whip up a character using the guidelines on the first page.

Sorry for being out of pocket but vacation and work got in the way. I was wondering if I would be better off doing a random character generator online. Otherwise it will tie me a while to do all this.

Chrome_Boy;n8746940 said:
Sorry for being out of pocket but vacation and work got in the way. I was wondering if I would be better off doing a random character generator online. Otherwise it will tie me a while to do all this.
Well ... I'm not using default stat/skill points or multiples so I doubt an online character generator would work.
Take as long as you need.

Top Bottom