Mike Pondsmith at Total Confusion

+
Too bad nothing really interesting ever happens at the Salt Lake City ComicCon ... I live a mile from the convention center.
*sigh*

Too bad Mike never does anything in Vancouver BC or Portland Or or Seattle, near where I live.

Oh, wait. I think he does. I -really- have to start paying more attention.

I'm hoping so. I'm sure they are coordinating with the release of CP 2077. Not sure if it's good news about the progress of computer game or not by sharing some of their vision.

If theres somebody in the area who plans on attending, bring a camera.

Also: My satanic post on here!

kanonite;n7495510 said:
If theres somebody in the area who plans on attending, bring a camera.

Also: My satanic post on here!

I'll be heading to it. Went 2 years ago and he didn't have too much info as he was more excited about Mekton Zero. This is his 3 year in a row coming to this con.

Certainly the focus might be on Mekton since I guess it's release date should be close. But any news, small as it might be, regarding the Cyberpunk brand would be more than welcome.

Well I check yesterday to see if reg was open, nope. Check this morning, reg is open and both of Mike's game are already full and closed :(

TheCybersmily;n7520970 said:
Well I check yesterday to see if reg was open, nope. Check this morning, reg is open and both of Mike's game are already full and closed :(

...well, crap.

Guess you'll have to "borrow" someone's credentials and slip into one of Mike's games.

Sorry, RL has been sucking up a lot of my time. So the con came and went. I wasn't able to get into any games that Mike was running. His son Cody was running Witcher there as well which I wasn't able to get in either. Not much of a report so far I know. Mike did a 30 minute Q&A which turned into more of a discuss of how cyberpunk real life has turned into. He talk a little bit about working with CD Projekt Red team. Gave absolutely no details about what they are doing, where the game is, what's been done so far. He only commented about how impressed he was with what he was seeing. He also talked about his past and working for Microsoft and then Full Sail. I asked about what's going on with the PnP which he said there are plans, but won't be giving any spoilers.
So not much. I ain't much of chronicler, so didn't take any pics or recorded the audio. I have a feeling he will be back next years as this is his third year in a row at this con. I did get into the game that Jay Libby of R Talsorian. It was a fun scenario in which the group had to a fun train trip fight Russian agents and a borg. There were a few PC deaths along the way, especially the neo-nazi rockerboy, who I offed just on principles. The group was shocked at me killing another player, but they completely agreed with the choice, even the guy who was playing him. It was a lot of fun.

TheCybersmily;n8378160 said:
There were a few PC deaths along the way, especially the neo-nazi rockerboy, who I offed just on principles. The group was shocked at me killing another player, but they completely agreed with the choice, even the guy who was playing him. It was a lot of fun.

Now this would be pretty nice to do in cyberpunk 2077. Kill anyone at anytime even yourself.

Maximum Mike is returning again. Last year he ran 2 slots and talked about his game career. His son also did a talk as well as ran a couple Witcher events. I assume it will be a repeat.

Top Bottom