PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"I know enough to listen to someone that apparently knows what they're talking about." Says Gremlin. "As to MSS ..." he pulls an optic over one eye and does a little mid-air typing on a virtual keyboard. "Seems probable that's the Ministry of State Security ... Chinese CIA. This could get interesting ..."

"CYA?" Asks Mouse? "Cover Your Ass? What's that suppose to mean?"

"CIA was an old political police in the states. Now I understand why they don't want us to be caught. Very well, let's go to your place to see what can I get"

Gremlin comments. "Chances are MSS won't mess with us unless we step on their toes, they won't wanna blow their cover. I'm more worried about the Tong. They're not on good terms with the Wops; and now we know why we're getting hired."

The three of you hop the NCART down to the University district, now this area "feels" right, lots of younger people you and Mouse can blend in with.
You make your way up the back stairs (and past a few cameras/sensors) of one building and into one of its upper floor flats.

Inside a good half the space is occupied by a work bench, diagnostic equipment, and tools; the other half is a small living area, kitchen, and a bed.
"Have a seat, grab something from the fridge if you're thirsty, I won't be a minute." Says Gremlin. He goes to a cabinet in the work area and pulls out various items he puts in, and on, a hard-shell travel case/backpack.

Mouse looks around, and is magnetically drawn to a desktop puter at one end of the workbench. He doesn't actually touch it but looks inside the case thru the ventilation slits and clear plastic on one side of the case.

"So, what sorta gear were ya'll looking for specifically?" Asks Gremlin.

(( Side Note: You can have a full refund on any programs you bought for your deck since we're not bothering with them, if you have enough cash you can upgrade the deck itself. I'll be pretty liberal with skill and gear tweaks the first few sessions as long as they stay inside the character creation guidelines. ))

Last edited:
OOC: Increasing to +1 the speed of the deck costs 2000$; I have 2915, so I can increase it.I don't think I can do anything else.

kabukiman1973;n8110120 said:
OOC: Increasing to +1 the speed of the deck costs 2000$; I have 2915, so I can increase it.I don't think I can do anything else.
(( Go for it if you want to, you'll should have more money after this run. Or stick with you have now (but you'll only get about 50% of the decks price back) and wait till after you get paid. ))

kabukiman1973;n8118840 said:
OOC: I'm buying the extra speed, it may be life saver, specially now that I don't have any luck left.
(( You have your Luck back, basically it recovers after the completion of a "mission", your "test" was a "mission" you're now on a new "mission". ))

Gremlin finishes packing his bag and Mouse continues to drool over the desktop.

"I assume neither of you actually has any scratch at the moment?" Asks Gremlin.

Mouse sheepishly replies. "Umm ... no ... but I wanna upgrade once we get paid."

"Let's worry about that after we complete the job, eh?"

Gremlin pops the back off the deck ... then pulls a chip out ... looks in a cabinet and drops your chip in a slot and pulls out another ... then puts in in the deck.

"There ya go."

Hernando makes the payment (he is actually losing money in this op, but he sees as a investment- to stay alive.
"Ok, let's go then"

The three of you (once you pry Mouse loose from Gremlins' desktop) catch the NCART to Harbor View station. It's pretty basic, stairs but no escalator, and a small platform with an automated ticketing terminal at one end and a restroom on the other (guess they solved the "which restroom can transgender people use in California" debate by only having one).

"One a you wanna wait down here while we take a look up top for the cat?" Asks Gremlin?

Mouse says, "Sure." and you and Gremlin head to the surface.

Up top Gremlin points north and says "Game Boys turf." The immediate area boasts a few small Mom-n-Pop shops, all closed for the night.

Out of a nearby shadow you see what you assume is Chita, it's someone in a cloak, beacon.

"Wanna grab Mouse?" Asks Gremlin as he walks toward the figure.

Once the four of you are together again you start toward the East Marina and a bit of a debate begins. Head straight into the job or spend a day doing surveillance on the warehouse complex? You skirt Wild Things turf on the way.

"Maybe have the youngsters hang at the arcade and see what they can pick up ... discretely." Comments Gremlin.

It's hard to be sure how old Chita is with the fur, but she's probably not THAT much older then you and Mouse ... who's Gremlin calling youngsters?

Last edited:
"So, you want us to do what? Try to dive to see if we discover something? If we discover that the place is actually with low protection ,we could try to finish the job today. If not, we wait for a better day."
Hernando has understood that the balance of power has shift to the two elders. and he is not thinking about age.

The warehouse itself is situated on a pier (Night City pg 87, building #10) thus surrounded by water on three sides. Directly across the street are "Arcade Arcade" (mechanical, video, and braindance games, with a fast food bar), "Blue Light Special Sales" (musician's instruments, amps, etc.), and "D, T&R" (shipping business and warehouse).

Gremlin speaks up, "Chances are some of the people that work at "Eastern Star" stop by for a game after work and/or grab lunch at "Arcade Arcade", so if you 'n Mouse spend the day playing games and talking to people you can pick up something useful ... if you're discrete. Meanwhile me 'n tha cat can watch the warehouse itself and try to put out a few sensors."

Chita looks slightly annoyed at being referred to as "the cat" but is obviously resigned to it.

"Yes, the pier does create a bit of a problem, while chances are most of the legitimate work there is done during day it is a shipping business thus will be a 24-hour-a-day operation." Chita remarks. "It's perhaps a bit late to start tonight if we wish to use what cover darkness provides, and a broad daylight infiltration would be inadvisable."

"So you want us to play games 'an talk to people then?" Asks Mouse. "Kewl, getting paid to play games, I'm up for that!"

"Discretely." Emphasizes Gremlin.

Last edited:
Gremlin passes out earbud receiver/transmitters. When he gets to Chita she says "Internal."; Gremlin pulls out a hand unit as you and Mouse leave he's plugging into a port under Chita's hair downloading the necessary frequency and encryption data into her system.

You're still not entirely sure what gender Mouse is ... probably male ... but you wouldn't bet on it.

"So what's this girl's name? How long were ya hooked up? Why'd she dump you?"

As you answer Mouse's questions (or not) you approach the arcade, it's actually pretty impressive. Two levels, the lower level is a fast food bar ... your typical soy and seaweed based fare ... burgers, pizza, faux chicken, noodles, tofu, you name it. The place is fairly busy even at this time of night, probably the only eatery in the area. Also on the lower floor are a few pool tables and "classic" mechanical and video games, archaic pin ball and pachinko machines, Pong, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, you name it. The second floor is more modern VR and braindance games. Looking around you'd guess this is probably the best arcade in the city.

Obvious surveillance equipment is all over the place, chances are half, or more, of it's fake ... but which half? There are also bouncers at the doors and wandering the floor, most carry baseball bats with "Arcade Arcade" emblazoned on them ... and several of the bats exhibit dents.

You see small groups from most of the cities gangs wandering from machine to machine, this place must be neutral turf.

Probably 75% of the crowd is younger people enjoying a night of games with friends, another 10% is the gang members, the last 15% look like manual labor wage slaves and most are eating not playing games.

Last edited:
"Let's call her Marguerite, we were together for one year and she left me for a friend, we keep it simple, it will work better".
Hernando will ask for a burger and a soda (he is living as a rich today).

Since you had a plate of real spaghetti (with a real MEATball) not long ago your soyburger tastes worse then usual ... but at least the soda is still carbonated sugar!

Mouse apparently wishes (s)he'd taken more breadsticks, even tho (s)he ate more then the rest of you put together, and gets a soda. Then fiddles with the earbud Gremlin gave him/her.

"You got any pull with any 'a tha gangbangers? Maybe they know who works for tha Chinks, cause otherwise how are we gonna know who ta chat up?"

Last edited:
"Let's start simple: I'm gonna ask to some of the employer if there is any action here"

OOC: Hernando will look for someone working here

Take your pick, any of the bouncers, the folks at the fast food counter, or one of the people providing change for the games.

Top Bottom