PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Tonight's 'Midnight Special' is a burger, fries, and drink for only $27.99, what can I get for you?"

"I'm afraid we don't serve, or permit, alcohol on the premises. Helps keep our machines intact and cuts down on other problems too. Sorry to hear about your input tho."

"No alcohol? Dammit? Where can I buy some? Cause you won't believe this, but I quit my job with my brother cause she said I wasn't spending enough time with her! And now I'm jobless! Where will I find a place now to hire me? I have a rent to pay!"

"Try up the street at the club. As to work, don'know, just started here couple days ago myself. Might be looking for another burger flipper tho, talk to Sunrise." *points to another person at the fast food counter*

Mouse meanwhile has joined a small crowd around one of the ancient pinball machines watching someone play.

*chuckles* "You're at the docks mano, most of 'em are hiring all the time, high turnover. Don't believe the vids that say bots can do it all, lots a grunt work that requires more brain then a bot has still around. Pay sux, work sux, but there's always work." *looks around* "Try those guys over there *points to a few people at one of the tables*, you ain't a chink you'll get the worst jobs they got, but hey, it pays the bills."

The group he pointed at consists of five guys and a gal, all but one Asian. Yeah ... they look like dock workers, practical clothes, steel-toed boots, and don't much look like they care about the various game machines flashing, beeping, and otherwise trying to draw your attention.

Four of the five males are Asian, the fifth is a rather chubby black guy. The female ... yeah ... it's got breasts so it must be female ... is also Asian and looks like she could crush your skull with one hand. That HAS to be some sort of generic/hormone/steroid thing ... you've never seen a female with muscles like that before!

They're all pretty focused on eating but occasionally exchange a few words with each other.

All of them give you a once over ...
"Got any time with a fork, loader, or crane? 'Fraid you don't look like stevedore material."

One of the guys pipes up; "Not much turn-over in the office, that 'an 90% are relatives of the owners or someone else that already works in there. Same with the security folks."

Hernando makes a face of disappointed.
"I see. You must do really an important job and risky to have all that security".

A couple of them chuckle. "Dude, there are folks that'd steal your fillings out there."

"Just last week some idiot pulled a fishing boat up to the pier on a foggy night and thought they'd help themselves. Security let em tie up and haul a first load aboard before they nabbed them. Guess that way there was no way they could claim they weren't trying to rob the place. Most surrendered peaceable like, one fool decided to shoot it out, glad I didn't have to clean up the mess."

"Well, I guess some people thinks that easier to steal than to have an honest job. Well, I'm trying my luck with other people, enjoy your meal "

Top Bottom