+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Don't worry, I'm new too in this one" -says Hernando
He then concentrates himself in the game... a bit. Who is the newcomer?

Last edited:
(( You can both roll to see who wins ...))
(( Hernando = REF+1d10+1 since he's played the game before ))
(( Setsua = REF+1d10+1 since he has an edge in coordination being a guitarist ))
(( You may also add as much, or as little, LUCK as you like ... if you're only playing one game vs each other you may as well use it all. If you're playing more then one ... how much do want to use on this particular game?))

Just some random guy playing games?
Undercover Eastern Star security?

Last edited:
((I wasn't sure if I had to roll anywhere specific so I just did it in Roll20. And I'll just blow all of Setsuna's luck since he's only playing once. REF(7)+1d10(8)+LUCK(3)+1 = 19))

Seems Hernando hasn't quite got the hang of this game yet, or was distracted by other thoughts ...
Not a bad game tho ... lasted a while and no one got stomped.

Mr Braniac speaks up ... "Better luck next time Bro."

Setsuna steps away from the game, clasping his hands in front of his skirt and bows to Hernando. "Doumo arigatougozaimashita." Very formal for just playing a quick game. He stands up straight and places a hand on his hip, looking between Hernando and his friend. He wasn't a salesman, but he might as well try to sell his band whenever he could! "The name's Setsuna, of Hyakki Yako, o ai dekite koueidesu. If you two aren't busy later, I'd love for you to hear our sound. Tell your friends, maybe?"

Setsuna briefly eyes Hernado's friend, smiling just a little. "What's wrong with J-Pop? Not a fan of cute things?" He seemed to be inferring himself, if somewhat jokingly, before returning his attention to Hernando. "Alt-rock, if you're into that. Like Garlic Boys." Wait. Americans. "Nirvana." As for the venue...where would they be? If his band mates told him, he had to give out directions to potential fans, after all. Like in this exact moment.

You don't see Mouse anywhere in your current line-of-sight, and physically turning to look at other parts of the rather large room might not be exactly polite.

(( Setsuna knows the bands manager is setting something up here in Night City, but where or exactly when you currently don't have a clue. So, no, you can't pass out free tickets to a concert that's not yet scheduled. Also, since you pretty much just got into town you don't even know where you're going to rehearse! You DO have a card in your pocket with the name of the hotel you're staying in ... ))

Last edited:
Setsuna bows, deeper this time than when he said thank you. "Gomen'nasai; atakushiniha mada wakarimasen." He rises, speaking English this time. "Everything's still being set up. I could demo for you, though." Given that he's still new to Night City and isn't great with places he hasn't been, he checks the card in his pocket briefly to see where the hotel is.

Last edited:
(( Your card says "The Jellical Inn", not the best accommodations (2 star) but you're an entire band, plus roadies, here for a longer term stay. And, catering to that uniquely Japanese sense of "style" the staff at the Inn all dress as and/or have body mods to appear as cats! ))

It was probably a bad idea to tell random strangers where you were staying. Setsuna, however, is full of bad ideas. "Stop by the Jellical Inn and I promise I'll make it worth your time."

(( I'll assume Setsuna isn't going to follow Hernando. ))

Hernando looks around a bit and spots Mouse talking to the same group in the food court you spoke to earlier. If you don't want people to know you and Mouse are together you'd probably be better off not going over there.

That said, chances are there aren't a whole lot more folks from Eastern Star around here, and even if there were it's not like they have name tags so finding them in the crowd would be difficult. Maybe call it quits? Or wait for this group to finish their lunch break and another to enter? Maybe watch the door Eastern Star employees are most likely to use to enter/exit?

(( As to Setsuna ... ))

Seems the Hispanic guy isn't that much of a music fan ... but then you just got to Night City and it's not like the locals have probably heard of your group yet.

You can't win 'em all. That aside, Setsuna spent enough time goofing off. Since he remembers where he's staying now, he leaves to make his way there and get comfortable. Wandering the city for too long could get pretty rough without him knowing his way around, so the Jellical Inn would be his next destination.

Soldowner;n8534700 said:
Wandering the city for too long could get pretty rough without him knowing his way around, so the Jellical Inn would be his next destination.
Given your current location, it's probably shorter/faster to walk to the Jellical then it is to walk to the nearest NCART station then from the nearest station to the Jellical to the Inn itself. Of course the problem is you'd have to cross unknown territory to do so.
So ... play it safe, or do it fast and "easy" ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom