PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"No, actually one of us is gonna have to tow Mouse along. And it's probably you." Says Gremlin.
"I'll bring the gear we'll need, and the chips, tomorrow. Questions?"

"While I don't have any aversion to water." Chita adds. "Wet fur stinks ... literally. Don't suppose you could arrange a drysuit for me? Also I don't float, so extra buoyancy."

"Maybe, and will do."

"TOW ME ! How about I stay here an remote hack?"

Last edited:
Gremlin nods. "See everyone right here tomorrow at midnight?"

With that Gremlin finished packing his gear and Chita retrieves hers and gives herself a disgusted, and not very animal-like, shake before just bundling it up under her arm.

(( Not quite so easy ... ))

You go home, get some sleep, do whatever it is you do in your free time for a while and catch the NCART back to the East Marina district. Unfortunately you get noticed by three members of the Wild Things (a dorpher gang) as you pass near their turf on the way to the building you're suppose to meet the others at. After all, while they can't see your deck they can tell you have one, and that'll buy a fair amount of drugs.

Think fast ... you have moments to decide what to do ...

Last edited:
OOC: Sorry, this weekend was very busy...

Hernando simply starts running, and try to use his knowledge of the streets to loose the gangers. He uses the comm to call any of his mates and keep his hand in his gun just in case...

You manage to stay ahead of them for a couple blocks then see Gremlin and Mouse approaching from the opposite direction. About the time you get to them and make the odds even, three-on-three you hear a loud scream from behind you. Glancing back apparently Chita ran up to, and over, one of the gangers. As the other two turn to see what happened she catches up with one ... DAMN she can run ... and leaps on his back, using him as a springboard to land atop the third, and last, one. They're not dead, but they apparently no longer have any interest in pursuing you.

"Made some new friends?" Asks Mouse?

Hernando sits in the ground trying to recover his breath.
"I'm getting to old to this stuff. They must have noticed that I have a deck or something that they could steal, so I have been running like a madmen. Thanks for having appear so soon, I wouldn't be able to escape much longer."
As soon as chita joins he says:
"So, it seems you have earn some free drink that I will pay you. Thanks a lot for saving my butt."

Gremlin shrugs. "De nada."
Chita looks a bit puzzled for a moment then checks her wrist comp (apparently for what Gremlin said) then also shrugs. "We're a team, temporary one maybe, but we watch each others backs"

"Umm ... don't suppose you reconsidered that whole swimming thing did you?" Mouse Asks?

Chita replies. "It's a pier, water on three sides, you think we can just walk in from the only direction that's not water?"

With that the four of you make your way to the top of the building you were on last night and Gremlin resumes (you guess) checking the recordings of the feeds from whatever devices he had Chita plant last night. Chita meanwhile duck-walks to the edge of the building and pulls a set of goggles from her cloak and starts looking over the warehouse across the way. Mouse seems undecided then asks Gremlin if there's anything (s)he can do.

"Maybe see if you can access the shipping schedules and see if anything is due to dock at "Eastern Star" tonight? Might throw a wrench into our plan if there is."

And Hernando is going to ... ?

Last edited:
"I suppose continue to make questions should be a bit suspicious. Is there any way I can try to hack the surveillance cameras?"

"You can give it a try, but it's not likely they have a remote feed via the net. Once we get inside and have physical access to their LAN that'd be more then useful. Oh ... here ..." With that Gremlin pulls out a small box with three skill chips. He takes one and passes the other two to Hernando.

"Yup, SCUBA 101."
"I'd recommend slotting it and doing the tutorial and practice dives if you've tried SCUBA before."
(( And as an FYI ... I am SCUBA qualified RL ... so ... ))

"I've never tried but I guess, there is always a first time. But after this, I will pay a chica to wash my backs".
Hernando takes the chips and try to synch all the info.

OOC: I barely know how to swim, I learned all alone. How is the sensation?

(( You'd presume the 3rd chip is fir Chita since Mouse said (s)he wasn't slotted. ))

As Hernando runs the tutorial it warns you the biggest problem most novices have with diving is breathing. They tend to hyperventilate because they breath fast and shallow rather then normally. So it gives you a cool-wet-very slight pressure sensation and runs you thru breathing drills. Almost sounds like some sort of Martial Arts thing, breath in, breath out, breath in ...
Being a good/bad swimmer is relatively irrelevant, 90% of underwater swimming is done with your legs not your hands. A simple flutter kick (used for most swimming competition events) is best, just keep it slow and steady, you're not in a race.
There's also goes into a BUNCH of technical stuff about dive tables and decompression but stresses as long as you don't go deeper then about 10m and/or stay under for more then about 30 minutes this isn't a significant issue.
It warns you panic is your #1 enemy. 90%+ of diving fatalities are due to the diver losing it not issues with the equipment or a situation you may find yourself in underwater.
Lastly it stresses never, EVER, dive alone. Your dive buddy is every bit as important as everything else combined.
With that it asks if you're ready for Tutorial #1?

Last edited:
(( Sorry about the delay ... my PC was back in the shop ... let this be a lesson on those that think Tech always has the advantage ! ))

Hernando breezes thru the other lessons. Mostly they teach him the basics of why a diver wears a weight belt, BCD (the inflatable vest), why your watch is as important (or more so) then your depth gage, how all the stuff works and how to use it. While SCUBA doesn't sound exactly easy it's really not the rocket science many seem to think it is. The major complexities come when you go to deep for to long, and from what you gather that shouldn't be an issue here.

He should probably give Chita her chip and have a chat with Mouse ... since he was told he'd be towing him/her.

Hernando closes his eyes trying to digest all that info. Then he joins Chita and givers her the chip. Finally, he start talking to Mouse.
"Have a minute?"

Top Bottom