x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suhiira View Post
    That and psyberpsychosis is the excuse CP2013 used to limit the amount of cyberware you could have ... much the same way Shadowrun uses Essence.

Is it necessarily the "best" or "reasonable" or "logical" reason for it to be in the game in the first place... not really. But in any game some things exist for the sake of game balance.
    Oh, I dunno. Little doubt that's part of it, but the budget for me was always a better gate - and so much harder to get around. Humanity loss is handleable in multiple methods, especially after Eurosource came out.

Whereas money, that only the GM controls and is -easily- stolen or forced out on expenses? That's a piece of cake.
    All posts are typically and brilliantly my own, unless you see my Moderator Voice. | We have Rules! Read 'em! | Visit the Forlorn Hope!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sardukhar View Post
      Whereas money, that only the GM controls and is -easily- stolen or forced out on expenses? That's a piece of cake.
      True, but you and I have both seen (to) many instances where money quickly becomes a non-issue. So some other limiting factor money CAN'T buy is useful.
      "When you talk you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Comment

• Originally posted by Suhiira View Post

True, but you and I have both seen (to) many instances where money quickly becomes a non-issue. So some other limiting factor money CAN'T buy is useful.
        Never where I'm running a game. Well, not since I was 16. If the PCs earn the money, great. And as soon as money becomes a non issue, so does Humanity loss.
        All posts are typically and brilliantly my own, unless you see my Moderator Voice. | We have Rules! Read 'em! | Visit the Forlorn Hope!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sardukhar View Post

Oh, I dunno. Little doubt that's part of it, but the budget for me was always a better gate - and so much harder to get around. Humanity loss is handleable in multiple methods, especially after Eurosource came out.

Its worth pointing out too that there are some Shadowrun games (and now Canon in Shadowrun: HK) that imply that certain individuals can chrome up without suffering ill effects from essence loss due to being somewhere further down the sociopathic spectrum. They aren't full on asocial psychopathic and definitely not kill crazy mindless, but they aren't exactly emotionally complex people either.

In practice it's pretty hard for a PC to pull off that kind of character though, considering how emotionally charged games can get, so take that for what you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corewolf View Post

Its worth pointing out too that there are some Shadowrun games (and now Canon in Shadowrun: HK) that imply that certain individuals can chrome up.. kill crazy mindless, but they aren't exactly emotionally complex people either..
            CYBERZOMBIE!!!

Err..carry on. Nothing to see here. Lovely trailer, wannit?

Comment

• I doubt we'll have to wait til 2020. Most probably it will be published next year, maybe towards the end. UNLESS they are stuck with some insourmountable mechanical problems they find difficulty in solving and the issues cant be ditched -like not having flying cars in the game, if they want them in the game, or IDK, customizable/2 gender characters, or smthg as major as this-, I cant imagine the development process lasting more than 5 years...

Only the super major studios (like Sony) can afford doing that (and sometimes they did it, sucessfully, with The Last Guardian, for example). But the large sums of money CDPRED is still making with Witcher 3 wont last forever, and the studio has now between 350-500 people working in the baby... Thats a lot of dollars.

In a recent Polish interview, Michał Kiciński, co-founder of CDP hinted -actually it wasnt him, but other guy who made the remarks) that the time from actually announcing the launch date and the launching per se could well be less than a year, with the caviat that huge sums of money should be invested in publicity, in a relatively "short" period of time. Of course, this should not be taken as anyhing more than rumours, but maybe they are going for a different economic model of development/advertising.
              Last edited by Jack_in_the-Green; 17-03-17, 15:29.

Comment

• Next year would be a shorter development time then their previous games though... and with CP2077 going to be much larger then even Witcher 3, and them not having done a sci-fi game befor, and it being a compleatly new setting from what they are used to making, and a lot of the other things they have talked about the game which is fairly new to even inovative, etc, I have a hard time thinking that they would churn out this game about a year or so earlier then they did Witcher 3.

And I am certain that they will do what ever it takes to make sure that CP2077 comes out right the first time as well, so even if they maybe internally are looking at a 2018 release I would not be surpriced if they would not have any problems what so ever in increasing the development with a year or even more if they felt that was what would be needed to get to a point where they would feel comfortable with releasing it.

The Witcher 3 was after all delays twice, for something like 6-9 months in total after all. And that second 3 month delay from February 2015, to May 2015, they did even though they had promised that W3 would NOT be delayed a second time. So yeah... if they feel that CP2077 needs more time, they WILL take more time. And if they intend to pull a Fallout 4, then we might never actually get to hear anything at all about any kind of delay.
                Last edited by Calistarius; 17-03-17, 17:04.

Comment

Working...
                X