Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Card Suggestion - Pile of Corpses

"Hurry up and throw that torch ya dumb fool! Soon as she burns the sooner I get home to me bath!"

Alright, I had an idea for a monsters card that perhaps could make sense and help the faction a bit.

monsters card - silver

strength of 4

Instantly summons all ghouls from your deck. Ghouls gain 1 strength each every turn as they feed on corpses.

or... instead of gaining 1 strength it could convert ghouls summoned to gold.

I think this would give monsters more ability to thin the deck, since victory with the faction seems to be too dependent on the draw compared to other factions, and has enough trouble as it is with a weak passive ability.

So a silver card only limited to monster faction, but at the same time, only limited to one card in the monster faction?! I don't know about that lol...
Also it's too similar to Reinforcement

Yeah that often requires more cards or even removing your own small units to do so.

Which kinda works against some of the strats for the faction.

A monsters buff deck though, yeah the passive works but again if you want variety then its too much of a gamble.

Monsters - gambling on draw and gambling on passive.

Back to main topic though, what do you think of the idea?

@kietmac - It could apply to a few different monsters, thanks for the input

Monster lacks clearly on good silver cards - so I like the idea. Also Monster has not much for deck thinning beside the wild Hunt

Which is why Monster is the most underperforming deck, every other fraction has ways to draw/discard your whole deck. Monster on the other hand can barely use half the deck

Card idea: Counterspell

I think it would add some depth to strategic play if there would be a counterspell that undos the last played card, special or unit. I know there's a passive Ambush card that cancels the effect of a played special card but it's passive, you can not control what it will cancel and it does not counter units.

With a true counterspell that cancels the last played card we would see the end of decks that solely depend on a particular combo, instead we would see decks with a broader variety and more tactics. A card that gets countered would go to the graveyard and of course counterspell itself could be countered too.

Thoughts?

We have already a very hated/loved card at scoiatel called Milva. Such counterspell would make card advantage even more important than it is now. It is hard to balance such card. At ST faction it seems fine as most units have low strenght.

Milva is not a counterspell in the sense I was thinking of. For example, your opponent is building up the board with fog and the like so he can Aard your low row into it. He casts Aard, you counter it. Or the other way around, you want to use epidemic on a weather loaded board but your opponent casts Clear Skies -> you counter it. Or your opponents strategy is to put out some high point units which he intents to feed to his Kayran. When he puts it down, you counter that. This is what I mean by counterspell, like in MTG.

The reason I am bringing this up is that we are only in closed beta but each factions seems to be mathematically solved, as in there is an ideal deck for every faction and differences are minute, primarily due to lack of cards in lower levels. It all comes down to matchmaking- and draw luck and a slight understanding of timing. There are other threads describing ST an SK decks which really do not have to look what the opponent is playing, they just put out their usual stuff and most of the times win.

Counterspell would take away this security and force people to take the possibility of their uber-combo being countered into account. I am convinced that a bronze Counterspell would change the decks we play drastically, people would create decks with a broader diversity, not depending on a single combo and the need for "luck" would be further reduced.

A big difference in the play right now is that you can only do the things you describe passively (like Milva or ST's other ridiculous trap cards that should be implemented into all factions), because this is a 1 play-per-turn game.

And if it stays a "you do your plays on your turn, and I'll do my plays on my turn" kind of game, what your'e really wanting then is an "Undo" Special Card to reset the board to how it was prior to the last player's turn. Effectively just putting things the way they were after your own last turn, but with each player down 1 card.

I'm not a huge fan of this idea. But at the same time, you'd be dedicating 1 card in your hand to cancel out any 1 card of the other player's. Could be interesting. Would kill resurrect streams from SK (via restore>sig>priestess>X) and for NR (renew>madness),.

ManwichTuesday;n7548320 said:
And if it stays a "you do your plays on your turn, and I'll do my plays on my turn" kind of game, what your'e really wanting then is an "Undo" Special Card to reset the board to how it was prior to the last player's turn. Effectively just putting things the way they were after your own last turn, but with each player down 1 card.
exactly, it's MTG's Counterspell adopted to Gwent.

It would be so overpowered I don't think it's a good idea. Since it can counter each and every ard in play, it'd be the best card in the game andthere would be no reason not to put it in every deck.
Plus it gets complex if you counter a counter spell, or if you duplicate a counterspell.
I think it would actually reduce strategy a lot. Put in every deck. Tactics-wise, when do you play it? Deck thinners become even more powerful. Keeping it as last card makes the last card even more powerful, and the game doesn't need that.

Yes if you have decks in mind as they are played today, the one having a counterspell while the other doesn't would have a huge advantage. But as I said, Aard, Igni, Coral & Co would no longer be the ultimate killer and people would need to adjust their decks accordingly. Maybe bronze would be too much and Silver would suffice, but then again with Silver SK and ST once more would be in huge advantage while monsters in particular would much more profit if it'd be bronze.

Fleeting Dream => (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Fleeting Dream
Neutral / Event
Bronze / Epic
Ability: Target unit becomes fleeting and relentless.

Thought of a card that can change the whole meta. This is probably the most simple, yet at the same time, the most destructive card you could make/play.

The idea behind this card is that you can always use it. But depending on the enemy units, the effect might not be as great. The interesting thing about this card is that it doesn't immediately change anything. You are basically using it to prevent a greater threat later on. This card can almost break any combo, including those "OP" ones we see so many threads about.

Alternative version (not mutually exclusive):

Phantom Mirage
Neutral / 4 Strength / Agile
Silver / Gold
Ability: Play a 'Fleeting Dream'

Bottom to top this time.
  • Phantom Mirage makes no sense as a unit. Why do we need a silver 4 strength unit that plays a specific bronze special card? Sounds like a wasted silver slot.
  • Fleeting Dream: Bronze cards are either Common or Rare, so make it one of those two or better a silver card right away 'cause making any unit fleeting and relentless is far too much for a bronze card. Even Mardroeme can "banish" only non-gold units with 4 base strength or less.

Last edited:
GrizzledLone;n7552660 said:
  • Phantom Mirage makes no sense as a unit. Why do we need a silver 4 strength unit that plays a specific bronze special card? Sounds like a wasted silver slot.
  • Fleeting Dream: Bronze cards are either Common or Rare, so make it one of those two or better a silver card right away 'cause making any unit fleeting and relentless is far too much for a bronze card. Even Mardroeme can "banish" only non-gold units with 4 base strength or less.

First of all, I know there aren't any bronze epics, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be any in the future. Looking at the bronze vs. silver discussion for Mardroeme, the general consensus is that Mardroeme as a bronze might be too strong, but as a silver it's too weak. That's why I also included a silver option for Fleeting Dream, in the guise of Phantom Mirage. The idea behind playing a unit is that it can be Decoyed, replayed, or ressed. This means you could potential reuse Fleeting Dream. This makes it worthy of a silver slot. Fleeting Dream as it is now, is not worthy of a silver slot. Of course the whole idea might some tweaks. But the intention behind it is sound.

Good idea... Buffed ships, warriors, werewolf, Blood Baron, Roach, Ciri: Dash...
Realy nice idea, but it would totally ruin metas... Ofc, people can hope, that opponent would got just 1 of it (so they can save thier Ciri or Roach), but devs would never do this
Because too much people with no imagination relying on current metas, they have seen from top players
And there is simple dilemma - to read what few people suggest in some posts or face the sh**storm of crying and losing whales

But idea of silver weak troop, that can prevent enemy from using Ciri or Roach is damn good =)

I'd be ok with your idea of Phantom Mirage if, and only if, the card itself is fleeting and relentless too. I see too much of a Skellige threat in it if played by any but monster deck: decoy, (D-shackles +) resurrections, D-shackles + Blue Mountain Commando. Especially the D-shackle parts.
For Fleeting Dream ... limited to target only "non-Gold units", maybe even bronze units. Not sure if I like the idea of affecting up to 3(+) silvers. You still could do that of course by combining it with D-shackles but it at least cost that combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom