Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, maybe silver + fleeting "Choose one non-Gold unit on your side and one non-Gold unit on opponent's side, make both fleeting and relentless."

No Title

Now I just tried constructing a deck with 40 unique cards (with unique card art that is), and I think that currently 40 unique cards is a bit too much, because this deck is all over the place xD

Attachments

• photo102720.jpg
    photo102720.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 33
Card suggestions

Hi, I have recently thought about characters from games&books we haven't seen yet and came up with some ideas.

Jacques de Aldersberg 10(?) strength gold card, disloyal, siege. Create the exact copy of each card played as first in round and place them in your hand.
Bonhart- silver 8 strength card, range row, loyal. Once it is wounded, restore it's strength to original value and add the strenght taken to it's strength.

Rawls Could you make this topic sticky? It's popular and it would make it easier for you and us. Less work with merging topics and we would be able to see, that there is already an activ topic about card ideas, as a moment ago it was on 4th page.

MrSaberra;n7569550 said:
Less work with merging topics and we would be able to see, that there is already an activ topic about card ideas
That never stopped people from recreating topics. As an example: topic-copy in Tech Support while the one he "copied" was still second on the main page and created just an hour before his; title match at 80%.

MrSaberra;n7569550 said:
Could you make this topic sticky? It's popular and it would make it easier for you and us. Less work with merging topics and we would be able to see, that there is already an activ topic about card ideas, as a moment ago it was on 4th page.
While I appreciate the request, there are no plans to stick the thread currently. There are lots of popular topics (matchmaking issues, gg issues, pass/forfeit debate, progression wipe questions, various x strategy is OP threads, etc) we have to merge topics into fairly regularly and sticking them all would basically make the entire first page of this sub-forum all sticky topics.

Rawls;n7572650 said:
While I appreciate the request, there are no plans to stick the thread currently. There are lots of popular topics (matchmaking issues, gg issues, pass/forfeit debate, progression wipe questions, various x strategy is OP threads, etc) we have to merge topics into fairly regularly and sticking them all would basically make the entire first page of this sub-forum all sticky topics.

How about a sticky thread with the most popular topics?

I am looking at you, yes you, Johnny, instigator of chaos and mayhem.

Well i thought about some new ways to gain card advantage and how to thin their deck for monsters:

Aguara (Silver: 2 Strength Siege) : Spawn Infant Aguara (siege 1 str) on the enemy side of the board. and draw a card
Infant Aguara (Agile 8 Str) : Units played in row with Infant Aguara do not activate their abilities. Return to hand of current owner of Aguara after destruction

Wild Hunt Navigator: (Bronze 1 Strength Mele): Immune to Frost , destroy chosen allied card, draw a card then play any card from your hand (other than Wild Hunt Navigator; it is not considered as consume)

Hym (Silver 1 Strenght Agile) : Choose enemy unit and double it's strength. Draw a card. Add base strength of chosen card to Hym if chosen unit is destroyed (It's considered as consume)

Sukkubus (Silver 9 Strenght Siege, Disloyal): Draw a random card from enemy deck. Then destroy any card from your hand and draw a card from your deck. (It's considered as consume)

Nalfgar (Special, Gold) : Play up to 4 chosen bronze unit cards from your deck. Add +1 base strength to any of them if they are Wild Hund units.

Djinn ( Silver, 15 Strength Siege, Disloyal). Draw a chosen non-gold card from your deck.Then draw random card. Enemy draws random bronze card from their deck.

An ambush card that can counter your opponent's special card must be cool. Also, I expect more cards that can be used against golden cards. It does not have to be many, but at least assure each faction have as least one that is practical. There are some cards that can effect golden cards, but most of them are not very efficient. I feel the game would be more complicated and fun if there are more ways to counter golden cards. :)

It would be nice to have Leader card with ability to cancel your opponents Leader ability, as it was implemented in the original game by Nilfgaard card The White Flame.

Cyber_Rider;n7662920 said:
It would be nice to have Leader card with ability to cancel your opponents Leader ability, as it was implemented in the original game by Nilfgaard card The White Flame.

Considering Cahir can refresh leader abilities, I'm pretty sure your idea will see the daylight someday.

Wertandrew;n7294150 said:
Here is my latest ideas, hope they inspire:

-Traitor's Letter (Special): Choose a unit (incl. unrevealed or dark units) and make it disloyal (moves to opponent's side).
-Hostage Exchange (Special): Choose a card from your opponent's hand and play it. If it's a unit, create a copy on both sides of the battlefield.
-General's Orders (Special): Choose a unit and move it on another row of the same side.

Now with Nilfgaard out, something similar happens with disloyal units. Such an exciting faction, I am stoked!

Card Type: Leader
Name: Francesca
Strength: N/A
Ability: For every Non-Ambush, Loyal Elf card, Spawn A Commando Neophyte on one of your random rows

Also Had one for Detlaff

Card Type: Silver
Name: Detlaff
Strength: 7
Ability: When Detlaff is played, Draw 2 Non-Gold Vampires, Keep one, Discard the other

These are two of my more recent ideas, but I brainstorm quite frequently

Belrose;n7898860 said:
Also Had one for Detlaff

Card Type: Silver
Name: Detlaff
Strength: 7
Ability: When Detlaff is played, Draw 2 Non-Gold Vampires, Keep one, Discard the other

These are two of my more recent ideas, but I brainstorm quite frequently

This is kinda OP. It gives you card advantage, and thins your deck 2 cards, which typically requires the card to be Disloyal. He either needs to be Disloyal, or he needs to play the Vampire right away, instead of keeping it in your hand.

I have some suggestions for monster deck:

I used Custom Gwent tool to create something more diverse what might give some fun advantage for monster deck.

Main goal of these cards is to strengthen player's deck over the time.

PENITENT: (Silver)
Veteran: Resurrect this Unit and strengthen it by 1. Boost self by 1 if more Specters are anywhere on the Board.

Alternative card variant: Resurrect this Unit and strengthen it by 1. Immune to damage equal to one or higher then card's total health/boosted health.

Alternative card variant v2: Resurrect this Unit and strengthen it by 1. Immune to all weather effects.

Alternative card variant v3: Damage absorption: Absorb any enemy unit damage and force them attack only THIS UNIT. After every absorbed attack, IF survived, regenerate one point. Immune to all weather effects.

NOONWRAITH

Veteran: Resurrect this Unit and strengthen it by 1. Boost self by 1 if more specters are anywhere on the Board.

Alternative card variant: Resurrect this Unit and strengthen it by 1. Immune to damage equal to one or higher then card's total health/boosted health.

Alternative card variant v2: Resurrect this Unit and strengthen it by 1. Immune to all weather effects.

Alternative card variant v3: Damage absorption: Absorb any enemy unit damage and force them attack only THIS UNIT. After every absorbed attack, IF survived, regenerate one point. Immune to all weather effects.

SIREN
Deploy: Spawn this Unit at Opponent's board and take his weakest Unit(s) to your side to random row. If taken Units are destroyed, Return to Board and Strengthen itself by 4
Immune to weather effects.

I did some changes to descriptions so they may differ from the ones in the images. Might add something more.

Lemme know your opinion.

Last edited:
Ideas on New Cards

Title.

Some of the cards that i wish to see in the game: The Rats,Angouleme,Catriona Plague(As a special),Coen,The lady of the Lake,Poor fucking Infantry,Jarre and more.

Also want to see Yrden,Axii.Maybe even in the form of a gold card such as Geralt:Igni.For example Vesemir:Yrden or Lambert:Axii.

Im interested to see what you guys think.

You are at home,my lad.This is your posting.Welcome to the Poor Fucking Infantry.

A card call Gwent tournament: RESET EVERYONE, then end round as everyone was busy playing gwent.
It would be interesting to see Naglfar or ancient artifact like sunstone playing a role in gwent as well.
It is clear that there's bunch of monsters that we had not covered and NR still has many characters who was not even mentioned in the game like Queen of Rivia or the gang Rats.

I'm sure cdpr will include almost all characters mentioned in the books. They even made morvran voorhis, who is only mentioned twice throughout the series iirc, a minor character in witcher 3 and leader in gwent.
they've got some people who know the witcher lore better than most of us. They won't forget major characters like the ones you mentioned.
i'm looking forward to the rats, auberon muircetach(king of the alders) and ihuarraquax(he could have an ability similar to ocvist or old speartip, transfroming from "little horse" to ihuarraquax).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom